GAA presidential election 2020

Started by Eamonnca1, February 26, 2020, 02:12:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eire90

The all Ireland football format is the big issue is the new format on trial for 3 years then they will review or is to be reviewed year by  year.

OrchardOrange

Brilliant to see our man in the top job, something neither Tyrone or Down have ever managed to have. With Jarly pulling the strings it is only a matter of time before Armagh dominate at every level and are restored to our rightful position as the top dogs of gaelic football! Ard Mhaca abu!!

Dougal Maguire

Careful now

imtommygunn

Quote from: OrchardOrange on February 19, 2023, 02:54:22 PM
Brilliant to see our man in the top job, something neither Tyrone or Down have ever managed to have. With Jarly pulling the strings it is only a matter of time before Armagh dominate at every level and are restored to our rightful position as the top dogs of gaelic football! Ard Mhaca abu!!

Is he going to allow Armagh 16 men or something ;D

thewobbler

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on February 19, 2023, 03:03:13 PM
Paddy McFlynn was a Down man

If getting into inaccuracies, I'm more intrigued by their "rightful position".

twohands!!!

Quote from: Eire90 on February 19, 2023, 10:40:16 AM
The all Ireland football format is the big issue is the new format on trial for 3 years then they will review or is to be reviewed year by  year.

No three year trial (completely different to the Super 8) and no official review/adjusment mechanism built in at the moment.

Given the effort involved in getting it over the line, I'd say there's close to no chance it will be substantially changed within the next 5 years and even then it would be an absolute massive task getting in something to replace it.

It might be tinkered at around the edges (provincial losers might be dropped down to 3rd or 4th seeds, All-Ireland winners being guaranteed entry into the next year's All-Ireland competition (as it's a bit weird that the Tailteann winners are guaranteed entry to the next year's All-Ireland but the All-Ireland winners aren't) or there may be adjustments to New York's status) but I don't think it will see any major changes within the next 10 years.

Armagh18

Quote from: imtommygunn on February 19, 2023, 03:04:29 PM
Quote from: OrchardOrange on February 19, 2023, 02:54:22 PM

Is he going to allow Armagh 16 men or something ;D
Only the Dub teams get that ;)

johnnycool

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on February 19, 2023, 03:03:13 PM
Paddy McFlynn was a Down man

Ahem,
     he was a Derry man fortunate enough to move to the lovely county of Down where he's fondly remembered.

Rossfan

Shook hands with Jarlath in the Hyde yesterday.
He doesn't know me from Adam but his handshake was firm and warm not the limp "wet fish" bare touch you get from Politicians
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

seafoid

Quote from: Rossfan on February 20, 2023, 06:02:49 PM
He doesn't know me from Adam but his handshake was firm and warm not the limp "wet fish" bare touch you get from Politicians
Did you not tell him about the Armagh outreach work that you are doing on the gaaboard ?

Jim Bob

Quote from: Rossfan on February 20, 2023, 06:02:49 PM

It was definitely his hand you shook ?

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

dec

Quote from: Rossfan on February 24, 2023, 11:42:54 AM
https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/arid-41078432.html

"If you look even at the last independence referendum in Scotland, both Celtic and Rangers, two big sporting organisations in that country took a position on independence. "

Is he right about that? I don't recall either team taking an official position.

Champion The Wonder Horse

Quote from: dec on February 24, 2023, 04:37:18 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on February 24, 2023, 11:42:54 AM
https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/arid-41078432.html

"If you look even at the last independence referendum in Scotland, both Celtic and Rangers, two big sporting organisations in that country took a position on independence. "

Is he right about that? I don't recall either team taking an official position.

I think that's pure rubbish. Elements of support from both clubs would have taken a position, yes, but neither club took a formal position. That sort of shite needs called out.