Ooh Ah Up The Ra

Started by illdecide, October 14, 2022, 09:27:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orior

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on November 26, 2022, 09:01:30 AM
Just to add a bit like the footballers it gives rags like beltel and newsletter material for countless shit articles for weeks

Twice on the front page of the Beal Feirste telegraph this week.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

smelmoth

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on November 25, 2022, 11:36:53 PM
Quote from: michaelg on November 25, 2022, 11:17:30 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 25, 2022, 07:30:05 PM
Quote from: whitey on November 25, 2022, 07:26:38 PM
Quote from: red hander on November 25, 2022, 07:03:40 PM
Is Foster going to apologise about attending the funeral of a mass murderer and eulogising him? Let's get things in perspective.

She's a public figure and is well able to account for her actions

This young lady is a private citizen who made a mistake

Not too worried about being a private citizen when uploading her video on social media

It's daft and unfortunately fair game
[/quote.
Why is it 'unfortunately fair game'? You are either a horiible bigot or you are not? You can't have it both ways.

I'm not sure there's strong evidence that this girl is a bigot. Let alone a horrible one.

P.s I don't know who fcuked up the quoting but I couldn't get out of it.

The facts are that as a child an attempt was made to murder her father and as an adolescent her school bus was bombed. Both by the same organisation. To taunt her with a song glorying in that organisation is truly awful.

I am no fan of Foster and have nothing positive to say about he politics but it would be incredible if anybody here could not see the wrong in what this girl as done.

If someone taunted a victim of the actions of Loyalist paramilitaries or the Parachute Regiment then surely we could all see the wrong in that. I don't think there would be too many explaining how that wasn't bigoted.

trailer

Quote from: Orior on November 26, 2022, 03:16:33 PM
Just to add a bit like the footballers it gives rags like beltel and newsletter material for countless shit articles for weeks

Yes they should stop reporting news.

balladmaker

The girl made a mistake, it has gone viral, the local press are in full pile on mode with not a damn given to the impact on the girl's mental health, wellbeing or future.  She made a mistake, show me the person who hasn't.  No one died in what she did, but she is now being exploited for political point scoring and bigoted agendas ... just the same as the soccer team were.  Move on.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: balladmaker on November 29, 2022, 05:09:02 PM
The girl made a mistake, it has gone viral, the local press are in full pile on mode with not a damn given to the impact on the girl's mental health, wellbeing or future.  She made a mistake, show me the person who hasn't.  No one died in what she did, but she is now being exploited for political point scoring and bigoted agendas ... just the same as the soccer team were.  Move on.

Woman not girl. Take her oil

trueblue1234

Quote from: trailer on November 29, 2022, 05:05:15 PM

Is this news? A girl acted a complete bellend. Couldn't defend her actions. But is it really newsworthy for such a sustained period of time? No f**king way. And that's not defending her actions.

Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

balladmaker

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on November 29, 2022, 05:13:38 PM

Do you have kids, what if one of them was in that position, and in this day and age it can easily happen given snapchat, TikTok and whatever else there is, or maybe you're holier than thou ... would you be saying the same, take her oil?  wise up.  This story just isn't newsworthy to this extent, or anywhere near it.  It's being used for a different agenda, and the girl, woman, lady, whatever you want to reference her as, is having her future destroyed as a result.

general_lee

Quote from: trueblue1234 on November 29, 2022, 05:14:04 PM
Quote from: trailer on November 29, 2022, 05:05:15 PM

Is this news? A girl acted a complete bellend. Couldn't defend her actions. But is it really newsworthy for such a sustained period of time? No f**king way. And that's not defending her actions.
Agreed. She did something nasty but the pile on is OTT

whitey

Speaking as the father of teenagers, they have been warned (repeatedly) that anything they post could (and will) follow them for the rest of their lives.

She's a clown of the highest order but doesn't deserve to have her life ruined over this

Has she apologized?

(Because if she hasn't, this isn't going away)

Rossfan

If she had taken a selfie with Enda Kenny and shouted "up Fianna Fáil" it would have been mildly amusing for about 30 seconds and then forgotten about.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: balladmaker on November 29, 2022, 05:17:05 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on November 29, 2022, 05:13:38 PM

Do you have kids, what if one of them was in that position, and in this day and age it can easily happen given snapchat, TikTok and whatever else there is, or maybe you're holier than thou ... would you be saying the same, take her oil?  wise up.  This story just isn't newsworthy to this extent, or anywhere near it.  It's being used for a different agenda, and the girl, woman, lady, whatever you want to reference her as, is having her future destroyed as a result.

Yes i do and they were properly reared. Not a sectarian or political bone in their bodies and if they did I'd hope they grew out of it by the time they were 32 ffs. I'd my family reared at that age.

Unfortunate somebody had to take the hit so others could get with the programme and as you say "wise up"

smelmoth

Quote from: Rossfan on November 29, 2022, 05:35:53 PM
If she had taken a selfie with Enda Kenny and shouted "up Fianna Fáil" it would have been mildly amusing for about 30 seconds and then forgotten about.

Indeed. But then the 2 incidents are not remotely similar.

Unless there has been a massive cover up of the time FF tried to bomb the Islandeady school bus and the time they tried kill Inda's aul boy

Rossfan

There predecessors possibly did in the Civil War
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

michaelg

Quote from: Rossfan on November 29, 2022, 08:46:08 PM
And should that be celebrated?

armaghniac

Quote from: michaelg on November 29, 2022, 11:28:02 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on November 29, 2022, 08:46:08 PM
And should that be celebrated?

Yeah they should have a public holiday for it like King Billy killing several thousand people at the Boyne.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B