Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Under Lights

Quote from: Tyrone95 on September 24, 2022, 07:39:44 AM
Dromore blew the socks of Killyclogher last night.  Pace, energy, turnovers & GOALS. Goals win games.. Mark Bradley a one man band in KC forward line. League form counts for nothing in the heat of battle under lights.

No need to tell me

Stan

"What is this shit ffs?" My opinion, that's what it is.

For a start, I would argue strongly that the current format isn't the optimum for the players and given the length of the club season there are plenty of alternatives that would see games played out, big crowds - maybe bigger crowds.

Streaming? Hardly relevant if Im in the crowd though every other game people are on here bitching about the quality, buffering etc...

Friday night lights? hardly a justification for anything - what the fcuk does it even mean?

Double header on a saturday afternoon / evening or a sunday - fcuk all wrong with that

Quote from: Christmas Lights on September 23, 2022, 11:47:22 PM
Quote from: Stan on September 23, 2022, 10:42:21 PM
First champi

onship game in about 5 years and Im going to need a double expresso to get back up the road.
Whose idea was it to throw games on this time of night?
And before anyone springs to the defence of the county board - having a family member or a friend on the county board isn't much to be boasting about if they're responsible for this shambles

the best club championship should be played in the very best conditions

What is this shit ffs? Friday night lights, huge crowd,  live streaming, what more do you want.

inroundthesquare

Dromore efficient .. 3-09 from 15 scoring opportunities. Strong panel to be able to withstand loss of Sludden.
Was Oisin McCann injured?

Will it ever end

Quote from: RedHand88 on September 24, 2022, 07:27:31 AM
Quote from: Eire90 on September 23, 2022, 11:07:31 PM
why these games behind a paywall and dublin is not

Dublin are sponsored by an American insurance firm who turned over $500 billion last year.

Tyrone are sponsored by a steel fabricator in Ballygawley.

Did McAleer & Rushe move out of Cookstown & start into steel fabricating?

clarshack

Quote from: sam03/05 on September 24, 2022, 07:08:19 AM
Surely the county board are entitled to make money off their games, to fund football in the county.
Dublin have other means to do this.
Also the league final should be played next weekend - to save both clubs a lot of money in the next 6-7 weeks. Manager fees, food costs, the cost of switching on floodlights, play it next weekend for the sake of both clubs and players.
Could live stream it too, probably make a few quid.

Quote from: LeoMc on September 23, 2022, 11:20:05 PM
Dublin CB don't need the money.

Armagh aren't sponsored by AIG and have a season ticket for streaming their games priced at £80.
It's greed not to have a season ticket imo.

on the sideline

Quote from: clarshack on September 24, 2022, 01:49:54 PM
Quote from: sam03/05 on September 24, 2022, 07:08:19 AM
Surely the county board are entitled to make money off their games, to fund football in the county.
Dublin have other means to do this.
Also the league final should be played next weekend - to save both clubs a lot of money in the next 6-7 weeks. Manager fees, food costs, the cost of switching on floodlights, play it next weekend for the sake of both clubs and players.
Could live stream it too, probably make a few quid.

Quote from: LeoMc on September 23, 2022, 11:20:05 PM
Dublin CB don't need the money.

Armagh aren't sponsored by AIG and have a season ticket for streaming their games priced at £80.
It's greed not to have a season ticket imo.

I agree. Fermanagh one £40 for all.

CK_Redhand

By the end of the day I'll have paid £23 to have streamed 4 matches. It's not terrible value for money but compared to other counties it's a bit much.

I've heard the streams are on some iptv subscriptions but not the one I've paid for.  If the games were priced more reasonably through official channels there would be less incentive to pirate them.

omagh_gael

Cookstown FB page having a wee dig at this board regarding their G4 team?

sam03/05

Played most of their u13 team in grade 4 this year by all account, plus had players missing in the first game with the big score line.
They are also in the grade A u15 semi finals as well and reached the grade 2 minor final with a fair few u15 players playing in it. So it seems to be a decent crop of players they have coming through with big numbers.

Under Lights

Not all of Fermanagh games are streamed. Their season ticket only covers a few games whilst Tyrone have made every game available at a huge cost.

Under Lights

Quote from: omagh_gael on September 24, 2022, 03:26:13 PM

They have really shot themselves in the foot over that statement. They have said that they have 18 of a panel on their grade 1 team. A 15 a side tournament. So 3 subs? Clearly floating players to the grade 4 team.

clarshack

Quote from: Under Lights on September 24, 2022, 08:01:56 PM
Quote from: omagh_gael on September 24, 2022, 03:26:13 PM

They have really shot themselves in the foot over that statement. They have said that they have 18 of a panel on their grade 1 team. A 15 a side tournament. So 3 subs? Clearly floating players to the grade 4 team.

Development team not 'B' team?

Under Lights

Fintona youth really impressive results all year.

Massive game for senior team against Aghaloo next week.

clarshack

Just checked the U-13 Grade 1 league and championship results expecting Cookstown to have absolutely smashed it but actually to my surprise they were hammered by Eglish in the championship letting in 9 goals, and this is the same defence that apparently makes up their U-15 B team defence?  They finished 5th out of 6th in their G1A league section finishing 11 points behind Dungannon and I know for a fact that Dungannon's U-15 B team is predominantly made up of U-13 players yet in the U-15 G4 section Cookstown finished 3 places above Dungannon. Interesting.

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on September 24, 2022, 10:22:52 PM
Just to make a final post for the evening, I was in Healy Park this evening for the Ladies JFC final between Clonoe & Loughmacrory - well attended, must have been around 1000 or so at it.

Clonoe bring a massive support with them to most games, being a final I'd have expected the whole club out. Loughmacrory would also have a dedicated fan base, maybe not on the same scale but both clubs are well supported
Living the dream!!!