Main Street

Quote from: Taylor on April 24, 2020, 03:16:15 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on April 23, 2020, 10:27:39 PM
Quote from: screenexile on April 23, 2020, 09:40:50 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on April 23, 2020, 06:10:55 PM
Quote from: screenexile on April 23, 2020, 03:25:32 PM
Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on April 23, 2020, 02:50:44 PM
Beyond me why anyone would book with Ryanair, shower of gangsters

Maybe people don't have the extra 500 it can cost for a family holiday???

Screenexile - we could have been supping pints of Estrella next to one another and we'd be none the wiser!

Now you're making me sad Seanie was looking forward to this trip!!!

So was I. Went last year for the first time. I'd heard loads about the place and have to say we loved it. I really wouldn't be into going back to the same spot but it was just so handy. We'll definitely go some other time, no doubt.

What place is this gents?
Drinking Estrella?  Must be a carpark outside an Asda?

Mikhail Prokhorov

Quote from: Mikhail Prokhorov on April 23, 2020, 06:54:07 PM
I've initiated a chargeback on my card for services not delivered, seems to have worked for others

money back in account

bankers, great bunch of lads ;)

magpie seanie

Quote from: Main Street on April 24, 2020, 09:26:25 PM

Screenexile - we could have been supping pints of Estrella next to one another and we'd be none the wiser!

So was I. Went last year for the first time. I'd heard loads about the place and have to say we loved it. I really wouldn't be into going back to the same spot but it was just so handy. We'll definitely go some other time, no doubt.

;D

Cambrils Park was where we were going. I figured from Screenexile's post he was going there too or maybe to the neighbouring Sanguli. Both near Salou.

Pub Bore

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52498691

O'Leary says people will get cash refund but will take at least 6 months...

Baile Brigín 2

So I was unable to get through to Ryanair customer service, and Ryanair wont take a complaint because I haven't exhausted the customer service route.

So I ranf the bank and instructed them to recall the fund. Imagine my surprise when I was told no, the 'law had changrd, the Government have banned any refunds over Covid 19'. When I picked my jaw up off the floor I pointed out a few flaws with that, off she went to the manager and lo and behold the recall request is in. Its not the youngwan who answthe phones fault, but my bank just blatantly lied to me, quoted non existent legislation and tried to block my consumer rights.

bennydorano

Quote from: magpie seanie on April 27, 2020, 09:33:16 AM

;D

Cambrils Park was where we were going. I figured from Screenexile's post he was going there too or maybe to the neighbouring Sanguli. Both near Salou.
I was in Sanguli last Summer, great spot.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on May 01, 2020, 02:54:15 PM
So I was unable to get through to Ryanair customer service, and Ryanair wont take a complaint because I haven't exhausted the customer service route.

So I ranf the bank and instructed them to recall the fund. Imagine my surprise when I was told no, the 'law had changrd, the Government have banned any refunds over Covid 19'. When I picked my jaw up off the floor I pointed out a few flaws with that, off she went to the manager and lo and behold the recall request is in. Its not the youngwan who answthe phones fault, but my bank just blatantly lied to me, quoted non existent legislation and tried to block my consumer rights.

Was it a bank that has been bailed out by the government ?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 01, 2020, 02:59:07 PM
Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on May 01, 2020, 02:54:15 PM

Was it a bank that has been bailed out by the government ?

Yes, and still majority owned.

I'm not sure am I more offended by the bank lying directly to my face or how terrible and easy to dismantle it was. I'm snarky enough to say hold on, there are loads put there who aren't.

screenexile

;D

Supposed to be Sanguli... ah well hopefully next year!!

Rossfan

Was to be flying to London tomorrow for the big game in Ruislip.
Ros Co Board took vouchers from Aer Lingus for the €13,000 flight cost either for next year's trip to London or towards a trip to NY.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: Rossfan on May 01, 2020, 04:58:31 PM
Was to be flying to London tomorrow for the big game in Ruislip.
Ros Co Board took vouchers from Aer Lingus for the €13,000 flight cost either for next year's trip to London or towards a trip to NY.
That was very shortsighted of them.

snoopdog

Quote from: screenexile on May 01, 2020, 03:53:36 PM

;D

Supposed to be Sanguli... ah well hopefully next year!!
Myself and the family were due to head to Cambrils pk 1st week of june. Have cancelled and booked for next june now. Been 4 times in last 5 years  kids love it and it is a great spot. We will miss it this year. 

Milltown Row2

Cambrils was brill great spot !
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

gallsman

At least drink Estrella Galicia instead of that other swill, you absolute philistines.

BenDover

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 02, 2020, 02:06:41 AM
Cambrils was brill great spot !

What type of accomodation in Cambrils would you reccommend for 2 adults and 4 kids? Had a look on the website there is this similar to an Al Fresco park type holiday, in that once you're inside the park you've access to all amenities?