Ryanair

Started by extra time, April 08, 2020, 09:42:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

I'm caught up in this too Pub Bore. On April 7th I got confirmation after applying for a refund (20 working days quoted). This morning that email with "my voucher". We were traveling to Romania for a karate competition my daughter was taking part in. Bad and all as Ryanair are, we're dealing with BlueAir for one of the legs. They're at the same lark....trying to push vouchers - no refund until 120 days after the end of the (ongoing) state of emergency in Romania.

I'm also due to go on holidays the end of May - from reading it looks like the family and I were going the same place as Screenexile. Resort are refunding less an admin fee but will have to go through all this with Ryanair again for those flights. Fun times.

themac_23

Quote from: magpie seanie on April 23, 2020, 11:52:53 AM
I'm caught up in this too Pub Bore. On April 7th I got confirmation after applying for a refund (20 working days quoted). This morning that email with "my voucher". We were traveling to Romania for a karate competition my daughter was taking part in. Bad and all as Ryanair are, we're dealing with BlueAir for one of the legs. They're at the same lark....trying to push vouchers - no refund until 120 days after the end of the (ongoing) state of emergency in Romania.

I'm also due to go on holidays the end of May - from reading it looks like the family and I were going the same place as Screenexile. Resort are refunding less an admin fee but will have to go through all this with Ryanair again for those flights. Fun times.

im the same, had gotten an email last month and filled in the form for a refund, got an email this morning with my voucher, there was a link that if you wanted your refund instead, when i clicked it it basically brought me to their site with how to redeem your voucher, making it very difficult to get money back

Tony Baloney

Quote from: themac_23 on April 23, 2020, 12:26:50 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on April 23, 2020, 11:52:53 AM

im the same, had gotten an email last month and filled in the form for a refund, got an email this morning with my voucher, there was a link that if you wanted your refund instead, when i clicked it it basically brought me to their site with how to redeem your voucher, making it very difficult to get money back

Presumably only offering refunds on flights they have cancelled? The missus and I were going to Wimbledon in July but that has been cancelled and we are waiting on a ticket refund which shouldn't be any hassle. Hotel already refunded and waiting on a theatre and Ryanair to let us know what they are doing. I wouldn't be surprised if these pricks started flying empty planes to avoid giving out refunds as it's makes it our decision not to fly with them.

Pub Bore

This was featured on Raidio Uladh's Talkback Programme at 1pm today.  The experts said that if an airline cancels your flight you are entitled to a full refund, so their advice if you want the cash back is to hold out and not accept the vouchers.  However they pointed out that Ryanair state that "You can request a cash refund however bear in mind we will place your request in the cash refund queue until the COVID-19 emergency has passed."  So what does "until the COVID-19 emergency has passed" mean and who decides when it's over...Michael O'Leary??

You can apply to your bank for what's called a "Section 75" (if you're in the North - there'll be an equivalent in the South as it's EU legislation) which puts the onus on the credit card company to raise the issue with Ryanair and they may give you a refund to shut you up.  But they pointed out the problem is that few airlines will have the cash to pay everybody.  I'm minded to hang on for the cash refund and see what happens...it's about €250 in total.  I'd also pre-paid the car parking (€40) at Dublin through Ryanair and these seem to be two feckin' separate claims ::)

GiveItToTheShooters

Beyond me why anyone would book with Ryanair, shower of gangsters

screenexile

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on April 23, 2020, 02:50:44 PM

Maybe people don't have the extra 500 it can cost for a family holiday???

Baile Brigín 2

Got an email telling me my refund was being processed. Got the voucher email this morning, sent a chat message through at 10.30 saying cash is fine within 7 days of the flight as per our agreement. I have been in a queue waiting for an agent since.

I get them being busy, but for fucks sake

magpie seanie

Quote from: screenexile on April 23, 2020, 03:25:32 PM

Screenexile - we could have been supping pints of Estrella next to one another and we'd be none the wiser!

Mikhail Prokhorov

I've initiated a chargeback on my card for services not delivered, seems to have worked for others

screenexile

Quote from: magpie seanie on April 23, 2020, 06:10:55 PM

Screenexile - we could have been supping pints of Estrella next to one another and we'd be none the wiser!

Now you're making me sad Seanie was looking forward to this trip!!!

magpie seanie

Quote from: screenexile on April 23, 2020, 09:40:50 PM

So was I. Went last year for the first time. I'd heard loads about the place and have to say we loved it. I really wouldn't be into going back to the same spot but it was just so handy. We'll definitely go some other time, no doubt.

Pub Bore

Got an email from Ryanair this morning with a voucher for €40 for the car parking!

Cunny Funt

Like everyone else it seems I have been offered a voucher after applying for a refund. Premier Inn meanwhile gave me a full refund within 2 days of cancelling.

Taylor

Quote from: magpie seanie on April 23, 2020, 10:27:39 PM
Quote from: screenexile on April 23, 2020, 09:40:50 PM

So was I. Went last year for the first time. I'd heard loads about the place and have to say we loved it. I really wouldn't be into going back to the same spot but it was just so handy. We'll definitely go some other time, no doubt.

What place is this gents?