The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keyser soze

Quote from: johnnycool on June 17, 2019, 12:24:05 PM
Quote from: Keyser soze on June 17, 2019, 11:16:33 AM
Yeah, she def seemed to know her stuff.

Didn't much like her hair though.

Sweet f**k, her hair is the problem now...........

Gotta love poor Joanne Cantwell when giving out about the Clare manager getting sent to the stands in Cusack park;

Joanne: "Clare could do without that Anthony"
Anthony: "that's exactly what they do need"

Joanne being too PC, but then again she has to be. Anto Daly having none of it though!
Proper hurling man.  ;)

::)

oneflewoverthecuckoonest

all these lady analysts on the gaa male games is pure pc tokenism. no issue with a ladies only panel for camogie or ladies football.  the only entertainment to be had from it may be some future evening if joe brolly and pat spillane are arguing a topic and you have the token lady in the middle treated as invisible.

as for Jacobs, horrendous accent, mute button instantly.  the best of a poor bunch is the other lady from Wexford, Darcy, but she seems to have disappeared from the screens.

Main Street

Quote from: Keyser soze on June 17, 2019, 12:24:51 PM

Gotta love poor Joanne Cantwell when giving out about the Clare manager getting sent to the stands in Cusack park;

Joanne being too PC, but then again she has to be. Anto Daly having none of it though!
Proper hurling man.  ;)

Hair didn't get in the way of the hurling pundits at Semple Stadium yesterday.

magpie seanie

Quote from: oneflewoverthecuckoonest on June 17, 2019, 12:35:17 PM
all these lady analysts on the gaa male games is pure pc tokenism. no issue with a ladies only panel for camogie or ladies football.  the only entertainment to be had from it may be some future evening if joe brolly and pat spillane are arguing a topic and you have the token lady in the middle treated as invisible.

as for Jacobs, horrendous accent, mute button instantly.  the best of a poor bunch is the other lady from Wexford, Darcy, but she seems to have disappeared from the screens.

So it's ok for analysts to be rubbish as long as they have a penis. Ya, that makes sense.

BennyCake

The women and members of the BLT community have been represented in recent weeks. Gingers have been covered (Shefflin), bald (Cyril Farrell), northerner (Cavanagh), specy/mouthy/northerner (Brolly), Dub (whelan). What other group have they missed?

From the Bunker

Quote from: BennyCake on June 17, 2019, 02:28:24 PM
The women and members of the BLT community have been represented in recent weeks. Gingers have been covered (Shefflin), bald (Cyril Farrell), northerner (Cavanagh), specy/mouthy/northerner (Brolly), Dub (whelan). What other group have they missed?

There is hardly any pundit from Kerry?

GalwayBayBoy

Personally I find Ursula Jacobs hard to listen to. She has a voice that would strip paint off walls. Unfortunately that is a factor when you're communicating in the media. The content might be good but if it's delivered like that then people will mentally switch off.

johnnycool

Quote from: Main Street on June 17, 2019, 12:36:02 PM
Quote from: Keyser soze on June 17, 2019, 12:24:51 PM

Proper hurling man.  ;)

Hair didn't get in the way of the hurling pundits at Semple Stadium yesterday.

Grass doesn't grow on a busy road.

Think they were sent to the wilds of Connacht (Salthill) for their crimes on Sunday.

RTE must have only the one outside broadcast portacabin/studio thing it seems.

LilySavage

Whatever about the analysts, the Highlights packages are abysmal. They are essentially the briefest of reviews for all but the games which were shown earlier. Wait till you see 8 qualifiers next week squeezed into a 10 minute slot. Result announced as soon as the commentator begins 'reviewing'. At least 3 of these  games, not shown during that day, should get afforded a minimum of 5-7 mins each. Team lineups shown beforehand and best scores and major incidents included. They used to do this 10+ years ago where you could actually get a sense of a game that took place that day. Hardly rocket science.

Seany

Ridiculous and very hurtful comments about analysts here. To be honest, I only heard what Ursula Jacobs had to say. I didn't check out her hair, although if she hadn't it coiffed to the last degree, she would have got it here too. I found her to be brilliant. Really knows her stuff. Has a genuine pedigree in that she's an All Ireland winner and was not there for some stupid gender quota reason. SOme of the comments on this board just highlight how much women are second class citizens in this country.

BennyCake

Quote from: Seany on June 17, 2019, 06:38:15 PM
Ridiculous and very hurtful comments about analysts here. To be honest, I only heard what Ursula Jacobs had to say. I didn't check out her hair, although if she hadn't it coiffed to the last degree, she would have got it here too. I found her to be brilliant. Really knows her stuff. Has a genuine pedigree in that she's an All Ireland winner and was not there for some stupid gender quota reason. SOme of the comments on this board just highlight how much women are second class citizens in this country.

Maybe, but this was hurling. She's a camogie player.

Beffs

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on June 17, 2019, 02:41:38 PM
Personally I find Ursula Jacobs hard to listen to. She has a voice that would strip paint off walls. Unfortunately that is a factor when you're communicating in the media. The content might be good but if it's delivered like that then people will mentally switch off.

Agreed. She was harsh to listen to alright.

No problem with the female pundits meself. Some are good, some are bad, some are meh. Just like their male counterparts. They seem to be held to a much higher standard than the lads are though. Wonder why that is, coz God knows, the majority of the male pundits are fookin' dire. Seems a bit unfair.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: BennyCake on June 17, 2019, 07:51:04 PM
Quote from: Seany on June 17, 2019, 06:38:15 PM

Maybe, but this was hurling. She's a camogie player.
Brian O'Driscoll wouldn't be on talking about rugby league.

MayoBuck

I thought Rory Gallagher was really good on the live show. They should have him on more regularly and hopefully he'll stop managing intercounty teams!

imtommygunn

Quote from: MayoBuck on June 17, 2019, 09:04:35 PM
I thought Rory Gallagher was really good on the live show. They should have him on more regularly and hopefully he'll stop managing intercounty teams!

I was thinking that. Would be a win win  ;D