Tyrone v Roscommon Croke Park 14/15th July

Started by omagh_gael, July 07, 2018, 10:55:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blowitupref

Quote from: trailer on July 10, 2018, 12:10:41 PM
So what are we all thinking here? Tyrone by 6? Would imagine we've the firepower to see this one out comfortably. Roscommon were put to the pin of their collar by a very ordinary Armagh outfit. Anything less than a Tyrone win by 6 or 7 points would be a bad result.
Was the 3 point win v Cavan and the extra time win v Meath considered as bad results? because Roscommon are a better side than both Cavan and Meath.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on July 10, 2018, 01:27:20 PM
Time ye all added th'eejit to ye're ignore list.
That way the adults can get on with adult discussion .

Oh, grow up. You're tiresome at this stage. Find a new act.

GJL

Quote from: Rossfan on July 10, 2018, 01:27:20 PM
Time ye all added th'eejit to ye're ignore list.
That way the adults can get on with adult discussion .

Done that a while ago.

Jayop

Quote from: Blowitupref on July 10, 2018, 01:39:52 PM
Quote from: trailer on July 10, 2018, 12:10:41 PM
So what are we all thinking here? Tyrone by 6? Would imagine we've the firepower to see this one out comfortably. Roscommon were put to the pin of their collar by a very ordinary Armagh outfit. Anything less than a Tyrone win by 6 or 7 points would be a bad result.
Was the 3 point win v Cavan and the extra time win v Meath considered as bad results? because Roscommon are a better side than both Cavan and Meath.

Exactly. It's the later stages of the championship. I don't care if we're playing Dublin, Rosscommon or bloody London. A win is a win and that doesn't matter if it's a 10 point hammering or a late goal to steal a one point win.

The only thing I'd say is that with the schedule we've had the last month or so it would be amazing to have the game wrapped up and be able to take a few key players of like we did against Cork but the reality is that that is not going to happen and the likes of Harte will have to play the full 70+.

redhandefender

Quote from: seafoid on July 10, 2018, 12:54:36 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on July 10, 2018, 12:04:49 PM
Quote from: seafoid on July 10, 2018, 10:50:28 AM
Quote from: ONeill on July 09, 2018, 09:42:39 PM
Wud Percy be a common name in Roscommon?
I'd say there are more in Tyrone in fairness
I was looking at newsletter.Co.UK and I couldn't find the GAA section.

The newsletter is a belfast paper. It's as affiliated with Galway as much as it is Tyrone.
Hmmn
I was in Omagh in 2003 when Sam Maguire first visited the county and the officiating Mayor was a Protestant  So there must be a few of them there all the time.

Well numb nuts, not sure where to start here. Were you taking magic mushrooms on your visit to Omagh because we have never had a mayor! Maybe a Chairman of Fermanagh and Omagh district council who in 2003 was Pat McDonnell of the SDLP.

Not sure what you are getting at but pretty idiotic to try and connect west tyrone with the belfast loyalist paper, the newsletter lol. I'm pretty sure that's their smallest market in the north. Tyrone being the second biggest buyer for the irish news outside of Belfast.

With regards Roscommon and tyrone connections. Club Tyrone basically assisted the Rossies in setting up Club Rossie. They have worked very close since the start and still do so there is a good strong connection between both counties.

seafoid

Quote from: redhandefender on July 10, 2018, 03:10:28 PM

The newsletter is a belfast paper. It's as affiliated with Galway as much as it is Tyrone.
Hmmn
I was in Omagh in 2003 when Sam Maguire first visited the county and the officiating Mayor was a Protestant  So there must be a few of them there all the time.

Well numb nuts, not sure where to start here. Were you taking magic mushrooms on your visit to Omagh because we have never had a mayor! Maybe a Chairman of Fermanagh and Omagh district council who in 2003 was Pat McDonnell of the SDLP.

Not sure what you are getting at but pretty idiotic to try and connect west tyrone with the belfast loyalist paper, the newsletter lol. I'm pretty sure that's their smallest market in the north. Tyrone being the second biggest buyer for the irish news outside of Belfast.

With regards Roscommon and tyrone connections. Club Tyrone basically assisted the Rossies in setting up Club Rossie. They have worked very close since the start and still do so there is a good strong connection between both counties.
He wasn't SDLP.

I thought Tyrone was a whole county. Anyway, who cares ?
Should be a good match. 
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

redhandefender

Quote from: seafoid on July 10, 2018, 03:49:08 PM

Hmmn

He wasn't SDLP.

Should be a good match.

He wasn't SDLP as there is no mayor in Omagh, he didn't exist

Tyrone is a whole County!

And I care because you are trying to take the p**s and now just look stupid.

Enjoy watching Tyrone (the whole of it) v Galway. If you miss it I wouldn't check the newsletter for the score

seafoid

Quote from: redhandefender on July 10, 2018, 04:20:05 PM
Quote from: seafoid on July 10, 2018, 03:49:08 PM

Hmmn

He wasn't SDLP.

Should be a good match.

He wasn't SDLP as there is no mayor in Omagh, he didn't exist

Tyrone is a whole County!

And I care because you are trying to take the p**s and now just look stupid.

Enjoy watching Tyrone (the whole of it) v Galway. If you miss it I wouldn't check the newsletter for the score
Fermanagh and Omagh district council didn't exist in 2003

It may have been Gibson who welcomed the team

http://www.ark.ac.uk/elections/lgomagh.htm

2001 Results 

Ind gain from Alliance. (spreadsheet)

First Count: 
Sean Begley (SF) 1,123 
Oliver Gibson (DUP) 1,087 
Paddy McGowan (Ind) 1,074 
Joe Byrne (SDLP) 1,007 
Paddy Gallagher (SF) 763 
Johnny McLaughlin (Ind) 759 
Josephine Deehan (SDLP) 629 
Reuben McKelvey (UUP) 614 
John Anderson (UUP) 552 
Vincent Campbell (SDLP) 178 
Thomas McCordick (DUP) 171 
Kevin Taylor (Ind) 19Votes by party:
UUP: 1,166 (23.2%), 1 seat
DUP: 1,258 (22.8%), 1 seat
SF: 1,886 (23.6%), 1 seat
SDLP: 1,814 (15.8%), 2 seats
Ind: 1,8

Some of the older Tyrone posters might remember
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Jayop

FML is this the level that the trolling has stooped to?

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

In hiding

The Omagh Town ward was only part of the Omagh District council.

Keep it going though

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Aaron Boone

McStay said last Sat there's a real push about Roscommon this year, it sounded very much at national level.

weareros

Quote from: seafoid on July 10, 2018, 05:11:04 PM

First Count:
Sean Begley (SF) 1,123
Oliver Gibson (DUP) 1,087
Paddy McGowan (Ind) 1,074
Joe Byrne (SDLP) 1,007
Paddy Gallagher (SF) 763
Johnny McLaughlin (Ind) 759
Josephine Deehan (SDLP) 629
Reuben McKelvey (UUP) 614
John Anderson (UUP) 552
Vincent Campbell (SDLP) 178
Thomas McCordick (DUP) 171
Kevin Taylor (Ind) 19Votes by party:
UUP: 1,166 (23.2%), 1 seat
DUP: 1,258 (22.8%), 1 seat
SF: 1,886 (23.6%), 1 seat
SDLP: 1,814 (15.8%), 2 seats
Ind: 1,8

Some of the older Tyrone posters might remember

Jaysus, that's a defensive looking lineup. Some of those bize won't want to give an inch.

Fuzzman

Quote from: Rossfan on July 10, 2018, 09:05:09 PM
Can we have our thread back please?

I might just start a new thread for match talk only.