NFL Division 1 2024

Started by Blowitupref, January 16, 2023, 08:23:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gael85

Quote from: joemamas on March 18, 2023, 09:19:03 PM
how did he get a yellow not a black.
Ref and his officials may have a bit of explaining to do on that last sequence

Did he trip him? I don't think was deliberate pull down.

marty34

Kerry very cynical in last 8 mins.

Tripping anything that moved.

twohands!!!

Quote from: joemamas on March 18, 2023, 09:15:33 PM
Holy shit just watched it back.
Stonewall penalty, Kerry #8 tripped him.
FFS what the hell were the umpires thinking or not thinking.
Such incompetence.

Should have been a black card for the Kerry number 8 for an attempt to trip but I thought that it was outside the square.
I don't think Foley comitted any foul.
Not sure what he got the yellow for - falling awkwardly ?

An Fhairche Abu

Quote from: Gael85 on March 18, 2023, 09:19:10 PM
Quote from: Baile an tuaigh on March 18, 2023, 09:12:53 PM
I thought it was a penalty Kerry player through the leg out to trip Rossi forward.

Jack O'Connor won't be crying about referee this week.

A joke of a decision at the end. Refs are worth about 3 points a game to Kerry, it's laughable they even have the front to complain, some greedy hoors.

twohands!!!

Quote from: Gael85 on March 18, 2023, 09:20:25 PM
Quote from: joemamas on March 18, 2023, 09:19:03 PM
how did he get a yellow not a black.
Ref and his officials may have a bit of explaining to do on that last sequence

Did he trip him? I don't think was deliberate pull down.

Looked a fairly blatant attempt to trip (that failed) while also pulling him back (as opposed to down) by the number 8.
The full-back Foley didn't look to have committed any yellow card offence to me.
Stonewall black for No. 8 for me for attempted tripping.

seafoid

Quote from: yellowcard on March 18, 2023, 07:36:45 PM
Armagh got exactly what they deserved. From being the great entertainers of last years championship we have become the great bores of this years League. I'll not be in any rush to go watch them again if they continue to persist with this rugby league form of football. As a spectacle it was a dire match and it seems like only when we fall behind in a game do we ever seem to throw any caution to the wind.

We may well now face a do or die match in Omagh to stay up and given our form of late I wouldn't be overly confident of winning there either.
If it's do or die  for Tyrone they will have lost to Monaghan meaning they are shite. So I would expect armagh to beat them.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

CK_Redhand

Quote from: marty34 on March 18, 2023, 07:34:18 PM
Quote from: CK_Redhand on March 18, 2023, 06:19:49 PM
Fitzmaurice on commentary about the J Og Burns turnover: "he got one of those a few weeks ago against Donegal so you're not going to get them all the time".

Should it not be a goal of the organisation to have consistent application of the rules? Why is it just an accepted thing that tackles can be refereed so differently from one week to the next?

Edit it's Eamon Fitzmaurice not O'Se

What's a tackle in the gaa?

That's the problem.
Yes that's my point. The tackle isn't defined and the rulebook is a mess. It's in the GAA culture to accept this, with comments like the above, rather than address the issue.

Cunny Funt

Kerry just about hung on there in end. A number of home ref decisions throughout the match and Kerry very clinical with their fouling, not sure how the ref, umpires didn't see that challenge on Cian McKeon in the box and not give a penalty.

twohands!!!

Mayo, Galway, Roscommon and Kerry are the four possibles for the final.
Most likely is Mayo and one from Galway or Roscommon but Kerry can sneak in if they beat Galway and results go their way.

Only Mayo completely safe from relegation but Galway, Roscommon and Kerry most likely safe on 6.

For the remaining 4 it's a case of if they don't win their remaining games the odds of being relegated shoots up.

An Fhairche Abu

Galway are 100% safe from relegation already after the win tonight.

twohands!!!

Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on March 18, 2023, 09:37:53 PM
Galway are 100% safe from relegation already after the win tonight.

You're right I had them still on 6 points as opposed to 8.

yellowcard

Having watched those 2 games tonight I feel worn out by the state of Gaelic football. It's definitely a grind watching 2 games back to back. You do keep watching in the hope that you might eventually see a physical contest with a bit more risk averse football but most of the games are slow, lateral, boring, unimaginative possession based affairs. We are truly in the era of over coaching.

tonto1888

Armagh got exactly what they deserved. From being the great entertainers of last years championship we have become the great bores of this years League. I'll not be in any rush to go watch them again if they continue to persist with this rugby league form of football. As a spectacle it was a dire match and it seems like only when we fall behind in a game do we ever seem to throw any caution to the wind.

We may well now face a do or die match in Omagh to stay up and given our form of late I wouldn't be overly confident of winning there either.

I dont get this rugby league form of football saying. Rugby league is a very exciting game to watch. Whatever it is that Armagh are trying to do is not

Wildweasel74

I actually tend to watch my big collection of 90's /00's fball if am bored. Watching Gaelic as a neutral so hard these days. It's hard enough watching my own team to be honest.

turk

Quote from: tonto1888 on March 18, 2023, 10:02:44 PM

I dont get this rugby league form of football saying. Rugby league is a very exciting game to watch. Whatever it is that Armagh are trying to do is not

Agreed
Rugby league is excellent.