2010 All Stars

Started by 5 Sams, August 03, 2010, 04:37:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Quote from: haze on August 03, 2010, 05:13:31 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on August 03, 2010, 05:09:52 PM
With regard to the initial question, I think the only real nailed on ones are probably James Kavanagh and maybe Johnny Doyle. I think a good semi final is needed for the likes of O'Gara from Dublin, Brogan, Coulter and Clarke (although I think Clarke will get one).

Jaysus, O Gara would want to score a hat trick in both the semi final and final for me to think he deserves one!

I guarantee you if Dublin win an All Ireland and he gets a goal or two, he'll get an All Star. In fact if Dublin win the All Ireland, they'll get about 19 All Stars. :D

AZOffaly

Quote from: Dinny Breen on August 03, 2010, 05:14:40 PM
Peter Kelly in the corner from Kildare is another one, has kept Freeman, E Bradley and S Bray to something like 2 points from play, contender for young layer of the year too..

I've been impressed with a few Kildare lads, who will be definite candidates if they beat Down. Bolton, O'Callaghan and what's the other midfielder, not Earley? I don't think Dermot will get one.

tonto1888

cluxton and b brogan for certs. Maybe a brogan also
cavanaugh and doyle from kildare
maybe dan gordon?

Dinny Breen

Darrell Flynn, our best midfielder by far this year..
#newbridgeornowhere

haze

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 03, 2010, 05:15:10 PM
Quote from: haze on August 03, 2010, 05:13:31 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on August 03, 2010, 05:09:52 PM
With regard to the initial question, I think the only real nailed on ones are probably James Kavanagh and maybe Johnny Doyle. I think a good semi final is needed for the likes of O'Gara from Dublin, Brogan, Coulter and Clarke (although I think Clarke will get one).

Jaysus, O Gara would want to score a hat trick in both the semi final and final for me to think he deserves one!

I guarantee you if Dublin win an All Ireland and he gets a goal or two, he'll get an All Star. In fact if Dublin win the All Ireland, they'll get about 19 All Stars. :D

Oh yeah i agree totally, but it will be a disgrace if he picks one up without doing something out of the ordinary.

Jinxy

James Kavanagh and Graham Reilly would be my two wing forwards anyway.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

AZOffaly

That's him. And ye've hardly used big Willie. Keeping him in reserve I'd say :D

AZOffaly

Quote from: Jinxy on August 03, 2010, 05:19:40 PM

Graham Reilly very good, but he'll suffer from a Meath backlash. Meath may get no All Stars.

George Foreman

Quote from: Dinny Breen on August 03, 2010, 05:14:40 PM
Peter Kelly in the corner from Kildare is another one, has kept Freeman, E Bradley and S Bray to something like 2 points from play, contender for young layer of the year too..
Dead right, I watched him on Eoin Bradley in Celtic Park.  I've seen other defenders like Dessie Mone keep the Bradleys quiet by pulling and hauling at them but Kelly showed great strength and pace to stay alongside Skinner, he was exceptional.  But the selection committee won't have the balls to give young player of the year to a corner back

sammymaguire

not many Cork names in the posts there so far lads and them the favs to win it out.

O'Neill at Centre Forward and Paudie O'Sullivan have impressed me this year (so far)

I think if Down beat Kildare and Poland plays well, he could be in the mix too
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Dinny Breen

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 03, 2010, 05:19:57 PM
That's him. And ye've hardly used big Willie. Keeping him in reserve I'd say :D

Big Willie is just the enforcer, he's there to mind the Carbury and Allenwood boys from Biffo marauders.
#newbridgeornowhere

Puckoon

I think Phillip Jordan has been pretty flawless all year. He definitely rolled back the years to 2005 this season, I think.

O'Gara can't possibly come away with an allstar can he?

Jinxy

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 03, 2010, 05:20:29 PM

Graham Reilly very good, but he'll suffer from a Meath backlash. Meath may get no All Stars.

Do you think he deserves one?
If you were any use you'd be playing.

AZOffaly

I think Jordan may get one, but if he does he'll be the only Tyrone one on the basis that the selectors will relish being able to get new faces there this year, for valid reasons. I expect Roscommon, Kildare, Down, Dublin and Kildare to be represented to a greater or lesser extent depending on the outcome of the All Ireland. I expect Kerry, Meath and Tyrone to be outcasts.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Jinxy on August 03, 2010, 05:25:43 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on August 03, 2010, 05:20:29 PM

Do you think he deserves one?

It's harder of two better wing forwards than Reilly and Kavanagh this year.