Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

upandwin

Quote from: Cuan12 on August 29, 2023, 09:56:31 PM
Upandwin your on drugs if you think Burren will win championship, they will struggle to beat loughinisland and after Kilcoo easing past Carryduff you may hope Burren don't meet them at any stage because it might turn out to be embarrassing

Aye struggled alright by the looks of it ye clown🤡

Cuan12

Every team is entitled to an off day, at no point did I say Island would win championship but Burren won't , Burren got of to the perfect start last night and Island could not recover , your crowing as if you have won the OHare cup, long way to go!!

upandwin

Not saying we've won anything yet. But when you have Odhran, Liam, Danny in your team I think we will beat anyone that's put in front of us. That's not a disrespect to Kilcoo but think Burren will come of age now and we've won our first two games in second gear. Don't think you'd see anyone else dismantle CPN and Island in cruise control.

Cuan12

Fair point upandwin, Burren have looked sharp and pacey all over, bar yourselves and Carryduff I can't see a new champion but when it comes to knockout football you never no, by the way every one is entitled to an opinion even a clown can have one

downtothecore

I think odhran, liam and Danny are the top 3 players in the county at present. They will cause any team problems.

ardtole

Add Peter Fegan, Paddy McCarthy and Ryan Magill  to Burrens big 3, and they are definitely the biggest threat to Kilcoo.

upandwin

Quote from: Cuan12 on August 29, 2023, 09:56:31 PM
Upandwin your on drugs if you think Burren will win championship, they will struggle to beat loughinisland and after Kilcoo easing past Carryduff you may hope Burren don't meet them at any stage because it might turn out to be embarrassing

You're right Cuan. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, shouldn't be accused of taking narcotics after expressing their own opinion. Ghluck

Johnnysboys

We stumbled, we staggered, we were ahead, we were behind - but we are still in the pot.. Roll on tomorrow night for the draw.

TakeTheMark

Kilcoo looked like they had so much left in the tank in their victory this evening. If the draw is kind and keeps Kilcoo and Burren apart, we could have one of the best finals in years.

Ballyholland and Glenn had impressive victories as well today

Dunsilly King

Can i ask a question, did the Kilcoo num 10 get a suspension following the video of him putting his knee unto the head of a player who was laying on the ground?

thewobbler

Quote from: Dunsilly King on September 04, 2023, 09:55:34 AM
Can i ask a question, did the Kilcoo num 10 get a suspension following the video of him putting his knee unto the head of a player who was laying on the ground?

This is not how the GAA disciplinary system works.

Unless CCC are informed directly of an incident by either the referee or one of the competing clubs, then they have no business in setting up an investigation.

Think about it. CCC administer about 200 games a week during the summer months. Were they to create their own investigation into any single incident caught on camera, then they'd have to follow the same process for every incident that gets shared around the county. And to do such an investigation properly they'd need access to and then review unedited footage for several minutes either side of the incident to gauge context. And then they'd have to discipline anyone and everyone who misbehaves during that longer footage.

And then, because of how things work, either the Hearings committee or DRA would simply dismiss the suspension anyway.

You might not like it. But this is how it works. Don't blame the county board.

Dunsilly King

Can you clarify was the video footage not the official video being streamed, ie permission given by the CB?

johnnycool

Quote from: thewobbler on September 04, 2023, 10:36:45 AM
Quote from: Dunsilly King on September 04, 2023, 09:55:34 AM

This is not how the GAA disciplinary system works.

Unless CCC are informed directly of an incident by either the referee or one of the competing clubs, then they have no business in setting up an investigation.

Think about it. CCC administer about 200 games a week during the summer months. Were they to create their own investigation into any single incident caught on camera, then they'd have to follow the same process for every incident that gets shared around the county. And to do such an investigation properly they'd need access to and then review unedited footage for several minutes either side of the incident to gauge context. And then they'd have to discipline anyone and everyone who misbehaves during that longer footage.

And then, because of how things work, either the Hearings committee or DRA would simply dismiss the suspension anyway.

You might not like it. But this is how it works. Don't blame the county board.

Do you not have to provide the full game unedited before CCC will look at an incident?

ardtole

Johnny Glynn in yesterday's game on tg4 was outrageous, made Johnsons incident look tame in comparison.

Dunsilly King

Have to agree with that, just mental stuff. Fella is unhinged doing that.