Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

snoopdog

Kilcoo were very worthy Ulster and All Ireland champions. Had the penalty went in then they prob would've seen it out. Very fine margins. No doubt Kilcoo won't disappear without a fight. They are still the team to beat in Down. Glen are a fantastic team also. And have a great chance of going all the way. But Glen have to get past the Galway champions and Kilmacud past the Kerry champs. Funny how the club semifinalists are from the same counties as the Sam .Maguire semis back in June.

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: Smurfy123 on December 11, 2022, 02:30:50 PM
The most basic team to ever win an all Ireland
No class and limited ability

So the team that played in the last two all Ireland finals and both went to extra time are basic and limited?

Even clowns are embarrassed for you.

i usse an speelchekor

Truth hurts

Unlucky Kilcoo, O'Rourke was too cute for Gilligan who loses his cool when under pressure. Moran had every Kilcoo player under his spell but yesterday in Armagh I saw glimpse's of the old ways. Tv doesn't do the gongs on justice. The former stalwarts for Kilcoo like the McEvoy's, Kane's, O'Hanlon's and Devlins must be mortified at the diving, holding the faces, tripping etc

It was a game with a lot going on, I enjoyed the battles and match ups.

urbangael

Such an intriguing game yesterday.  The intensity was like something you'd see in a munster hurling final!  Ward a disgrace and that behaviour will catch up with him down the line.  The antics of Kilcoo is probably why they have so many haters.  The diving and faking injury was woeful. Ref was poor for both teams but he always is! Kilcoo just made more mistakes and it cost them.  Be interesting to see how many join the Down panel.  There is no doubt half a dozen of them are good enough.   

Truth hurts

Quote from: urbangael on December 12, 2022, 01:37:25 PM
Such an intriguing game yesterday.  The intensity was like something you'd see in a munster hurling final!  Ward a disgrace and that behaviour will catch up with him down the line.  The antics of Kilcoo is probably why they have so many haters.  The diving and faking injury was woeful. Ref was poor for both teams but he always is! Kilcoo just made more mistakes and it cost them.  Be interesting to see how many join the Down panel.  There is no doubt half a dozen of them are good enough.

Yesterday shown the different levels

Bobo is good enough for the panel but would not start.

McEvoy is the only shoe in for a defender, I think the others would struggle at county level

Midfield : we seen the difference in club and county yesterday

Forwards Shealan and Ryan would be there but would not be certain starters.

urbangael

Would Aaron or Daryl Branagan not be good enough??  Aaron's fitness levels are very impressive and not many forwards get much change out of him and you could argue Daryl has been the most consistent club player in Down for the last 5 or 6 years.  Young Doherty would add something to a County panel too I'd suggest.

Johnnysboys

Quote from: urbangael on December 12, 2022, 03:39:02 PM
Would Aaron or Daryl Branagan not be good enough??  Aaron's fitness levels are very impressive and not many forwards get much change out of him and you could argue Daryl has been the most consistent club player in Down for the last 5 or 6 years.  Young Doherty would add something to a County panel too I'd suggest.

Is it that time of year again where we talk about dabs and Aaron playing county football. My god give it a rest. Aaron is 32 and not what we need at county level and Dabs - whilst a fantastic club player wouldn't cut it at the next level - yesterday he was bypassed time and time again in the game. He simply wouldn't count now.
Ryan McEvoy, wee doc and shaelan - that's their lot..

Truth hurts

Quote from: urbangael on December 12, 2022, 03:39:02 PM

Personally not for me, excellent club players and I have huge admiration for them as they play the game in a fair manner . But they are maybe past it at county level.

befair

The Kilcoo players would strengthen the panel, but only McEvoy would be a certain starter. The two Branagans are amazing players, but probably too old to make what is a considerable step up.

snoopdog

I'm not so sure only 1 or 2 would make the 15. The johnsons are all good enough if not better than what Down already have. Doherty has already been on board the last while.  Remains to be seen if Laverty can get those he needs on board.  Hopefully he can.

redandblackareback

After encouraging Kilcoo lads not to play this last few years he now has the task of convincing them all to play. Interesting to see who actually makes the committment, I only believe two of them would make a real difference RMcE and DW. Both have the size and also the age profile to succeed.

upandwin

Ryan McEvoy and Ward would be good additions but both need their attitudes readjusted a bit. Aggression is great when channelled properly, they can hopefully both be moulded in to serious county players in the coming years. Ward has a bad track record of getting red cards and black cards at silly times which the Ulster counties would target. Daryl deserves a run too but think he won't commit at this stage. Jerome is done and dusted but ryan and Shealan definitely options. Wonder will Eugene be asked or would he accept the call after his outrageous slabbering last year. Would love him try and back up his loose tongue in that panel but I fear he'll be too afraid to go because he knows he isn't up to county football. Miceal Rooney also deserves a run I think. Been very good for a couple of seasons now. Niall Kane also will start for down, can't see anyone taking his place

Ed Hardy

Quote from: upandwin on December 12, 2022, 08:12:37 PM
Ryan McEvoy and Ward would be good additions but both need their attitudes readjusted a bit. Aggression is great when channelled properly, they can hopefully both be moulded in to serious county players in the coming years. Ward has a bad track record of getting red cards and black cards at silly times which the Ulster counties would target. Daryl deserves a run too but think he won't commit at this stage. Jerome is done and dusted but ryan and Shealan definitely options. Wonder will Eugene be asked or would he accept the call after his outrageous slabbering last year. Would love him try and back up his loose tongue in that panel but I fear he'll be too afraid to go because he knows he isn't up to county football. Miceal Rooney also deserves a run I think. Been very good for a couple of seasons now. Niall Kane also will start for down, can't see anyone taking his place

I'd argee with pretty much all that, Doherty and Anthony Morgan both definitely worth a place on the panel. Although Morgan didn't start yesterday, long term he should be a regular on the Down team.

Only a few weeks away from the start of McKenna and national league, any idea of who's involved in the extended panel at the moment?

Truth hurts

I am looking forward to watching our football teams in 2023 for the first time in a very long time since I have heard that training is going really well and that everyone is working hard.

SHEEDY

Rumours that Mark Poland has left wpoint.
nil satis nisi optimum