Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikhailov

Quote from: lfdown2 on September 25, 2022, 08:38:15 PM
Quote from: Mikhailov on September 25, 2022, 07:52:44 PM
Lads, surely someone in Down can update the Twitter account with score updates. A woeful service for outsiders who have an interest

Is there any other Twitter account that regularly updates on all Down championship games. Every other county has several guys who update on games who are not part of the county board or official county pages

I wonder is it at the request of the streaming company. (No basis for this other than my own meandering thoughts)

Unlikely that the streaming company can influence the county board but surely they can't influence an individual GAA supporter who can do it

befair

Quote from: charlieTully on September 25, 2022, 08:33:49 PM
Kilcoo are the luckiest team in Ireland
As Napoleon said, "Give me a lucky general.'

snoopdog

Kilcoo are never beat. Unbelievable how thry do that time and time again in Down.

snoopdog

Lads, surely someone in Down can update the Twitter account with score updates. A woeful service for outsiders who have an interest

Is there any other Twitter account that regularly updates on all Down championship games. Every other county has several guys who update on games who are not part of the county board or official county pages

I wonder is it at the request of the streaming company. (No basis for this other than my own meandering thoughts)
I'd say your on the money here. Kilcoo twitter wasn't updated either .

TakeTheMark

Quote from: snoopdog on September 25, 2022, 08:54:11 PM

I'd say your on the money here. Kilcoo twitter wasn't updated either .

I don't think it would have been the streaming company. They gave score by score on the hurling earlier which was being streamed.
Kilcoo haven't provided any updates for any of their matches via twitter all year, it isn't just this evening, but it would be unfair to single them out as many clubs haven't done it either.

down0202

Quote from: Walter Cronc on September 25, 2022, 08:24:10 PM
Useless f*ckers Clonduff. Signed. All of Ulster!

You are some slabber aren't ya?

downtothecore

Yellas restored some pride. They were being laughed at a few weeks ago but they put things right tonight. It wasnt pretty to watch but they could have won it.

Minus15

Anyone who has been following the championhsip this year would be aware that 15 min updates have been provided on every game.
Personally I think this is an improvement on last year where on many occasions games running simultaneously were score by score and some other games not at all. There has pretty much been updates available from all games this year at all levels.

Maybe an argument could be made for something a bit more regular now we are at the business end but I think the 15 min interval has been a clear strategy from the outset from County board and has worked well.

If you have time to follow twitter every other minute then maybe jus stream the game no?

Hard luck on Clonduff tonight. That was a very disciplined and mature performance from them. They were never in a position where they had to chase it and really could have snuck the win.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: down0202 on September 25, 2022, 09:52:16 PM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on September 25, 2022, 08:24:10 PM
Useless f*ckers Clonduff. Signed. All of Ulster!

You are some slabber aren't ya?

Been better getting Ross to hit the last peno!

downtothecore

:D
Quote from: urbangael on September 23, 2022, 07:53:08 PM
To think Clonduff will beat Kilcoo is the talk of a drunk... Kilcoo 2nds would beat Clonduff at the min.

Johnnysboys

Horrendous game to watch - with puke football the order of the day. Kilcoo were lucky to stay in touch as at times Clonduff threatened to take them apart. But when you are playing the all Ireland champions you need to give yourself a chance. If that's setting up defensively then so be it.
Thought the ref gave some strange decisions to both clubs but gave an equal amount to each of them so no one can have gripes about that.
I xtra time was brutal to watch and then came the excitement. Penalties may not be everyone's cup of tea but what a way to end the game. Brilliant. Only thing I question is the exact same players hitting penalties in sudden death - is this how it's supposed to be?

Roll on tomorrow night. Let's hope the noisy neighbours have an off day and we can capitalise.

downtothecore

I wud expect the point to follow clonduff lead and show no respect to the mighty burren...

Mourne Red

Quote from: Johnnysboys on September 25, 2022, 10:42:26 PM
Horrendous game to watch - with puke football the order of the day. Kilcoo were lucky to stay in touch as at times Clonduff threatened to take them apart. But when you are playing the all Ireland champions you need to give yourself a chance. If that's setting up defensively then so be it.
Thought the ref gave some strange decisions to both clubs but gave an equal amount to each of them so no one can have gripes about that.
I xtra time was brutal to watch and then came the excitement. Penalties may not be everyone's cup of tea but what a way to end the game. Brilliant. Only thing I question is the exact same players hitting penalties in sudden death - is this how it's supposed to be?

Roll on tomorrow night. Let's hope the noisy neighbours have an off day and we can capitalise.

Yeh it's in the rule book the 5 who take the first 5 pens take the penalties in sudden death.. Armagh/Galway match in the AI was the first I heard of it 

urbangael

Well Kilcoo still won so its all about being in that draw for the semis. Clonduff with yet another hard luck story some of their pens were terrible. I agree in that in don't think the same players should hit again after 5. Ref definitely favoured Kilcoo as is very common with Down refs... Go with the favourites. Kilcoo will surely improve... They haven't started their best 15 yet but realistically their championship campaign starts now.