Free money

Started by billy the kid, December 10, 2007, 03:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billy the kid

Hard luck all you GPA men only joking  :o :o :o

but feel free follow this link

http://www.ofonebelief.org/

Get registered boys its our chance to show the prima donnas what we think and to stop the central council going over our heads

feel free to sign below
If it moves hit it
If it doesnt hit it anyway!!

lynchbhoy

billy the kid

I knew youd appreciate that lynchboy.

even from a "nut" like me.

Seriously though we cannot stand idle while the Prima-Donna Society (GPA) arrange pay for play against the wishes of the vast majority of players, supporters, volunteers and members of our great association
If it moves hit it

billy the kid

The web link at the start of this thread is a forum to register opposition to pay for play

Every true gael from all over ireland and indeed further afield should register.

And again Sorry GPA men but this thread doesnt lead to money  ;D ;D ;D and hopefully Playing GAA Games never will either.

Go play another sport that is already professional if you want your Pay for Play and stop trying to ruin our great association for your own selfish gain. ??? ???
If it moves hit it

bennydorano

Quote from: billy the kid on December 10, 2007, 03:45:33 PM
Seriously though we cannot stand idle while the Prima-Donna Society (GPA) arrange pay for play against the wishes of the vast majority of players, supporters, volunteers and members of our great association

I'd like to see some evidence of this ::) ::) ::)

ziggysego

Quote from: bennydorano on December 11, 2007, 07:41:59 PM

So would we Benny, but unfortunately the GAA Council didn't put it to a vote because they knew that the vase majority within the GAA would have voted NO on this.
Testing Accessibility

billy the kid

Youd like to see some evidence of this??

where have you been the last month or so?

The level of opposition to the grants (pay for play) has been well documented all you have to do is look at the different threads on this site or read the newspapers.

In fact the prima-donna society (GPA) has probably never been as unpopular, but they wouldnt know as all they can here is the sound of the cash registers ringing.

AND LETS BE CLEAR ABOUT IT: The GPA say their members "WONT PLAY UNLESS THEY GET PAID WHAT THEY ARE CALLING A GRANT"
They say that there may be confusion over what their aims are, but there is nothing confusing about it, THEY WANT PAY FOR PLAY.

If it is put out for consultation with the clubs and county boards you will soon see how much opposition there is towards it and lets hope we get the chance to show that.

If it moves hit it

bennydorano

Jesus wept ??? what % of the GAA is registered on the GAAboard? ::) or was at the Elk last week or are on a county board that voiced dissapproval?  Miniscule compared to the GAA as a whole, so it is impossible to gauge opinion properly, and you tend to find in most walks of life the silent (moderate)majority don't care either way.

Anyone I have spoken to cant really see what all the fuss is about and I would say they're as committed as any person on here (there's some more anecdotal evidence for you, although it doesn't suit your agenda).

Ziggysego - again vast majority ???How is it possible to know, the only people shouting about how disgraceful it is are those who have taken umbrage with it, if we've heard from them all then that would be about .05% of the GAA as a whole.

billy the kid

benny if the decision on grants had went out to the clubs for consultation i think you would find that the vast majority of the members and delegates would have been very strongly against them.

Anyone i have talked to from round our neck of the woods has been very strongly opposed to any form of pay for play including farrels grants. In fact i have yet to have a conversation about it with anyone or heard tell of anyone from this area who has even a little sympathy for the Prima-donnas, but it has to be pointed out i didnt do a survey of everyone in the county. 

That should have taken place through the aforementioned consultation with clubs.

can you really honestly say with a straight face that you arent aware of the vast opposition to the grants and the GPA?

Honestly Now!! :o :o
If it moves hit it

Maximus Marillius

Quote from: billy the kid on December 11, 2007, 08:28:04 PM

Youd like to see some evidence of this??

where have you been the last month or so?

The level of opposition to the grants (pay for play) has been well documented all you have to do is look at the different threads on this site or read the newspapers.

In fact the prima-donna society (GPA) has probably never been as unpopular, but they wouldnt know as all they can here is the sound of the cash registers ringing.

AND LETS BE CLEAR ABOUT IT: The GPA say their members "WONT PLAY UNLESS THEY GET PAID WHAT THEY ARE CALLING A GRANT"
They say that there may be confusion over what their aims are, but there is nothing confusing about it, THEY WANT PAY FOR PLAY.

If it is put out for consultation with the clubs and county boards you will soon see how much opposition there is towards it and lets hope we get the chance to show that.

The level against the grants can be accurately guaged by the poor showing at the elk last week. That is the true barometer, 400 odd gaa men out of how many 1000,s of members...that was the height of the real depth of feeling. i think a few posters on here hardly represents the entire Gaa family. Billy were you at the ELK

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: Maximus Marillius on December 12, 2007, 09:04:06 AM
The level against the grants can be accurately guaged by the poor showing at the elk last week. That is the true barometer, 400 odd gaa men out of how many 1000,s of members...that was the height of the real depth of feeling. i think a few posters on here hardly represents the entire Gaa family. Billy were you at the ELK

So the various county boards voting against it are also irrelevant.

Actually, has any county board voted for it yet?
i usse an speelchekor

bennydorano

Quote from: billy the kid on December 12, 2007, 03:05:30 AM

can you really honestly say with a straight face that you arent aware of the vast opposition to the grants and the GPA?

Honestly Now!! :o :o
You are still trying to maintain that this oppostion is vast ??? Just because you say something (or hear it said) a few hundred times, doesn't make it any truer.

Will you be calling your county men in next year's championship prima-donna's as a matter of interest?? :-[

lynchbhoy

so the county boards are against it
the large enough number that turned up at the elk (bearing in mind the short notice,the inconvenience to get there and other things on at this time of year, plus middle of the working week)

...if there isnt enough of people speaking out against the pay for play/grants etc etc .....well how many will be enough

its a bit of a laugh to say that the silent majority would prob vote in favour of...

Would the people in favour of the 'money' be willing to take the 'pepsi challenge'
do you honestly think that if the GAA paid up membership in every club in every county were to vote, that the gpa and the 'money' would be the winning option ?

I certainly dont - by some considerable margin too I hasten to add!

billy the kid

just keeping her up there lads ;D ;D
If it moves hit it