The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lenny

Quote from: armaghniac on June 19, 2018, 02:34:59 PM
Quote from: Jayop on June 19, 2018, 01:07:58 PM
It is digital partition. There's absolutely no excuse for the live games and for the Sunday game not to be available in 32 counties on whatever platform you want. The Rte player being geoblocked is particularly galling

The RTÉ player is not geoblocked from NI, except for certain soccer games and drama series. It is not geoblocked for GAA. if it doesn't work it because your ISP does not locate you in NI, which is not RTÉ's fault, it is the GAA who sold the GB rights to someone else. But people continually bollock RTÉ and never think of changing ISP, which is their own responsibility.
What has "Niall O'Donnaighle from SF" done to ensure that IP numbers are properly geocoded in NI?

Can you name an isp available in the north which isn't geoblocked? Is anybody out there using one? Bt is my provider, I'm very happy with them but it is geoblocked unfortunately.

giveherlong

Any way of side loading the RTE player App onto a iOS device registered in NI?
Only international version available in App Store it seems?

Tubberman

Quote from: screenexile on June 18, 2018, 10:39:51 PM
PS. A Firestick and an iptv subscription works every time at a fraction of the cost... head on over to the Non gAA section and there's plenty of explanations!

I've used mobdro with Chromecast and it's constantly buffering or stream going offline - would be unusable for day to day TV.  how reliable is IPTV with the firestick? I realise this is the wrong thread for this conversation so if there's a better thread, can you post a link?
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

omagh_gael

I use mobdro through my firestick and as long as you always install updates it's works deadly. I have watched full games in both RTE and Sky recently with it.

The only downside is the picture quality is a bit crap which makes the hurling hard to watch but found it perfectly fine for football.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Tubberman on June 20, 2018, 10:11:15 AM
PS. A Firestick and an iptv subscription works every time at a fraction of the cost... head on over to the Non gAA section and there's plenty of explanations!

I've used mobdro with Chromecast and it's constantly buffering or stream going offline - would be unusable for day to day TV.  how reliable is IPTV with the firestick? I realise this is the wrong thread for this conversation so if there's a better thread, can you post a link?

http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=26091.msg1816440#new

galwayman

Quote from: Tubberman on June 20, 2018, 10:11:15 AM

Have Iptv set up on both a Linux box (for the main tv) and a fire stick (alternating between TVs).
Both work extremely well.
Fire stick is a great job when going abroad as well.

Farrandeelin

Great 'coverage' of 6 qualifiers. Farcical.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Under Lights

Some coverage there of the qualifiers. Jesus Christ, just let the counties do their own video clips of that's all your going to promote the games with

From the Bunker

All football up to Super 8 is a nuisance to the TV Companies coverage and advertising revenue wise.

Cunny Funt

Why did Offaly change their jerseys at half time today?

Orchard park

Quote from: Cunny Funt on June 24, 2018, 10:42:55 PM

Paul rouse wanted to make a historical statement to add to the shite he has spouted for the last month.....

mrdeeds

The heat.

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: Farrandeelin on June 24, 2018, 10:26:27 PM
Great 'coverage' of 6 qualifiers. Farcical.
Should you not be drowning your sorrows?
In fairness they said they covered the qualifier highlights in the live show. I was only dipping in and out so don't know how much they showed
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

LooseCannon

Quote from: Orchard park on June 24, 2018, 10:46:56 PM

Paul rouse wanted to make a historical statement to add to the shite he has spouted for the last month.....
f**k off.
That man did not take a penny. Not even to reimburse him for diesel, etc. None of the management did. I hope that he stays on.

LilySavage

In fairness it's a pile of shite. So they now expect people to sit around all Sunday afternoon to catch whatever crumb of highlight they may or may not show after Brolly and Co finish 'analysis' of latest Dublin walkover. Pot luck at what time theyll squeeze it in. Im assuming they put it on in direct opposition to the 6 News? Great idea that. If this is their new format, what's the point in the evening package? Just a rerun of the games that were shown live? Bullshit.