The Official THFC thread

Started by Owenmoresider, October 25, 2007, 08:46:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

I see 'Arry has answered a question from me in the August 09 edition of Hotspur Magazine ;D

T Fearon

Brilliant result and performance against the bin dippers yesterday..if only the Robster had been on form in front of goal we might have won 5 or 6 ;D

I feel this is going to be a seriously good season, the shape and balance of the team is solid, tight at the back, pace and power in midfield and plenty of goals up front in Defoe, Keane and Crouch, even though they weren't needed yesterday.

EC Unique

Quote from: T Fearon on August 17, 2009, 08:59:45 AM
Brilliant result and performance against the bin dippers yesterday..if only the Robster had been on form in front of goal we might have won 5 or 6 ;D

I feel this is going to be a seriously good season, the shape and balance of the team is solid, tight at the back, pace and power in midfield and plenty of goals up front in Defoe, Keane and Crouch, even though they weren't needed yesterday.

Spurs did look good yesterday Tony but I wonder was it a case of Liverpool making them look good. Liverpool have had a terrible pre-season and it has carried into the first league game. I will reserve judgement on Spurs for another few games yet.

T Fearon

Considering we usually lose the first game to shite like Sunderland it was a great performance and start yesterday and should be built upon with another 3 points at Hull on Wednesday.

In recent seasons we have had disastrous starts yet still finished well up the league, so who knows what can be achieved with a good start.

stiffler

Do you feel that Bassong has done enough to keep Woodgate/Dawson out of the starting line up?

Looking at that spurs team yesterday they have spent some money assembling that squad.

GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

T Fearon

Bassong certainly looked the part yesterday and took his goal very well, he will be hard to shift. With both Woodgate and King prone to injury he gives a lot of options. Injuries to key players without adequare replacements have cost Spurs big time in the last 10 to 15 years.

timmykelleher

King isn't travelling for the next game apparently. So there's a spot for Bassong there.
How King is going to manage when he retires is beyond me.

Come on you spurs.
Corcaigh - McGrath cup champions - 2009

DennistheMenace

King doesn't tend to play more than one game a week now so it could be a case of Corluka moving into the middle with Hutton coming into the right back slot. Hull won't be easy as shown by their performance at the weekend against Chelski though, it would typical of spurs to lose this one.

T Fearon

I think Arry has got rid of that tosisng points away against crap teams syndrome. The team showed great character on Sunday after Gerrard's equaliser to go on and win the game, previous Spurs teams would have lost that one.

DennistheMenace

Quote from: T Fearon on August 18, 2009, 12:08:51 PM
I think Arry has got rid of that tosisng points away against crap teams syndrome. The team showed great character on Sunday after Gerrard's equaliser to go on and win the game, previous Spurs teams would have lost that one.

Spurs home form was always good (think I heard it was the best in the league last season) and it has been their away form that has let them down so I wouldn't be counting my chickens yet until they can sustain good performances and results against the 'lesser' teams away from home.

Last season Spurs also beat Liverpool at home.

T Fearon

They also beat Hull away last season and I would expect a similar result tomorrow night

DennistheMenace

Quote from: T Fearon on August 18, 2009, 12:12:01 PM
They also beat Hull away last season and I would expect a similar result tomorrow night

That's right, they just managed to get beat by them at WHL.

EC Unique

Quote from: DennistheMenace on August 18, 2009, 12:10:40 PM

Spurs home form was always good (think I heard it was the best in the league last season) and it has been their away form that has let them down so I wouldn't be counting my chickens yet until they can sustain good performances and results against the 'lesser' teams away from home.

You heard wrong. They were 7th best at home last season!

DennistheMenace

Quote from: EC Unique on August 18, 2009, 12:22:54 PM
Quote from: DennistheMenace on August 18, 2009, 12:10:40 PM

You heard wrong. They were 7th best at home last season!

Forgot to include since Harry was at the helm  :D

T Fearon

Well they are 10/11 to win at Hull tomorrow night and I'll be having a slice of that ;)