The Official THFC thread

Started by Owenmoresider, October 25, 2007, 08:46:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norf Tyrone

Did Chimbonda just complete his carling cup final sub huff?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Minder

We shouldnt be too hard on Chimbonda because i reckon he was trying to hit the corner flag with his penalty and it was a fair effort in that regard......
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

An Gaeilgoir

Quote from: Minder on March 13, 2008, 08:30:43 AM
We shouldnt be too hard on Chimbonda because i reckon he was trying to hit the corner flag with his penalty and it was a fair effort in that regard......

Its a pity that Defoe wasn't with us last night, he would have made a real difference. Darren Bent is way off pace, confidence and ability to play at this level.

T Fearon

Sick sick sick >:( Had a bet on for Spurs to win 2-0 with Berbatov to score 1st goal at 50/1 :'(

Was hoping the spirit of 1984 Tony Parkes et al would see us through the penalty shoot out but knew deep down we hadn't enough decent penalty takers on the field at the end of extra time. Jenas more to blame than Chimbonda. Watch Juande clear out the dross now in preparation for nexzt year.

Will be at the Portsmouth game next Saturday to welcome out former heroes Campbell, Defoe, Mendes etc

Old Bill

Great effort by the chaps last nite.  pity they couldn keep our season really alive!  Out of last nites startin 11 i would expect chimbonda, robbo, lee and malbranque to be shown the door at the end of the season. 
bent is on thin ice but i would give him to jan 09.  Think he has great potential for the spurs.  WORKED the keeper several times last nit. 
Hopefully we can keep berbatov, which i think we will. 
Really worried bout kings injury rumour is that it will force him to retire hopefully not.  The defence looks tight with him and woody init.
Robbo didnt get close to them penos last nite.  The one he saved was a lucky save.  He was divin too early all the time makin it easy for the psv attackers to place the ball.  Hopefully SGE picks him up for a few pound!
Malbranque is a plodder and is a good championship player.  always gives his best but desperately short on quality.
Chimbonda is good but after his carling final strop he will be out the door with a kick on the hole.  Not blamin him for last nite though.
Lee is a useful squad player, no more no less.
Huddlestones delivery last night was terible at times but im a big fan.  he really has improved this year along with jenas who can become as good as gerrard and mascherano at the pool scum.
Happy with Juande and Gus.  very tactically aware and willing to go out and win matches and they try not to play too conservatively at times.

T Fearon

Agree with a lot of what you say, although we should have had the game wrapped up at the end of 90 mins last night.. Juande is a tactical genius and has done really well to rescue a season that was looking catastrophic in October. Winning a trophy and beating the Goons and Chelsea en route was a phenomenal achievemnet. Keeping Berbatov is the key though and with a few quality additions we can look forward to great times in the next few seasons.I expect the recent european experience to bear fruit big time next season

O'Hara has been the find of the season as well.

Minder

Quote from: Old Bill on March 13, 2008, 11:11:51 AM
Great effort by the chaps last nite.  pity they couldn keep our season really alive!  Out of last nites startin 11 i would expect chimbonda, robbo, lee and malbranque to be shown the door at the end of the season. 
bent is on thin ice but i would give him to jan 09.  Think he has great potential for the spurs.  WORKED the keeper several times last nit. 
Hopefully we can keep berbatov, which i think we will. 
Really worried bout kings injury rumour is that it will force him to retire hopefully not.  The defence looks tight with him and woody init.
Robbo didnt get close to them penos last nite.  The one he saved was a lucky save.  He was divin too early all the time makin it easy for the psv attackers to place the ball.  Hopefully SGE picks him up for a few pound!
Malbranque is a plodder and is a good championship player.  always gives his best but desperately short on quality.
Chimbonda is good but after his carling final strop he will be out the door with a kick on the hole.  Not blamin him for last nite though.
Lee is a useful squad player, no more no less.
Huddlestones delivery last night was terible at times but im a big fan.  he really has improved this year along with jenas who can become as good as gerrard and mascherano at the pool scum.Happy with Juande and Gus.  very tactically aware and willing to go out and win matches and they try not to play too conservatively at times.

What planet are you on ? Gerrard and Mascherano are two totally different players and for the record Jenas is older than Mascherano........

ONeill

QuoteKeeping Berbatov is the key though and with a few quality additions we can look forward to great times in the next few seasons

Yes, I can really see Spuds breaking in to the top 10 next year.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Old Bill

Quote from: Minder on March 13, 2008, 11:58:11 AM
What planet are you on ? Gerrard and Mascherano are two totally different players and for the record Jenas is older than Mascherano........
I would compare jenas with gerrard as he is the one that can make runs from deep and get on on the end of moves and score goals.  Huddlestone is the one who like mascherano, can tackle, get his foot in and break up moves.  although huddlestone has more football in his big toe than mascherano ever will have.

Quote from: T Fearon on March 13, 2008, 11:45:57 AM
O hara has done well yes.  Credit must go to Ramos for pickin him out of the reserves and givin him the chance to play.  Although he has lots more to do to cement his place in the side.  Dean marney did well for a time as well and he in now playin for hull city.  but o hara has the potential to do well at spurs.

Minder

Quote from: Old Bill on March 13, 2008, 02:17:22 PM
Quote from: Minder on March 13, 2008, 11:58:11 AM
I would compare jenas with gerrard as he is the one that can make runs from deep and get on on the end of moves and score goals.  Huddlestone is the one who like mascherano, can tackle, get his foot in and break up moves.  although huddlestone has more football in his big toe than mascherano ever will have.
Quote from: T Fearon on March 13, 2008, 11:45:57 AM
O hara has done well yes.  Credit must go to Ramos for pickin him out of the reserves and givin him the chance to play.  Although he has lots more to do to cement his place in the side.  Dean marney did well for a time as well and he in now playin for hull city.  but o hara has the potential to do well at spurs.

He would need to lose about 2 stone to be an effective player

Old Bill

Minder by refering to huds weight you must agree with my comparsions above then do u
He has lost weight and has therefore pushed himself into Ramos plans as he was not part of them at the start of ramos reign.  He is a big lad but i woulsn think he has much more weight to lose. 

Minder

Quote from: Old Bill on March 13, 2008, 02:34:05 PM

Minder by refering to huds weight you must agree with my comparsions above then do u
He has lost weight and has therefore pushed himself into Ramos plans as he was not part of them at the start of ramos reign.  He is a big lad but i woulsn think he has much more weight to lose. 

Old Bill....I would have Mascherano every time before Huddlestone, he is more tenacious, covers more ground, is more adept at breaking up play.

Old Bill

Quote from: Minder on March 13, 2008, 02:36:01 PM
Quote from: Old Bill on March 13, 2008, 02:34:05 PM

Old Bill....I would have Mascherano every time before Huddlestone, he is more tenacious, covers more ground, is more adept at breaking up play.
So would i at present but huddlestone CAN be as good as mascherano.  mascherano is a world class defensive midfielder.  I also believe hud can be a world class defensive midfielder also.

Owenmoresider

One-each early on in the Carling Cup final rematch, Woodgate levelling it after 12 mins. Keane starts despite the tantrum on Sunday.