The Official THFC thread

Started by Owenmoresider, October 25, 2007, 08:46:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

T Fearon

It must be pleasing to all true Spurs fans that Ledley's knee stood up to the rigours of a full ninety minutes against Everton and also the strains associated with causing mayhem in a nightclub...all on the same day!

T Fearon

Just got a ticket there for the Spurs V Man Ure game at the Lane on Sept 12th ;D

T Fearon

Hopefully with the added stability and challenging for the top four. After all if Villa and Everton can sustain a challenge its the very least Spurs should aspire to.

Looking forward to see Man Ure, in fact I have never seen them win in the flesh since they beat Spurs at legoland in December 1983, have saw them get beaten by Spurs back in 1999 and also by Celtic in 2006 and drawing with Celtic in 2008.

DennistheMenace

Still think they really need a midfield partner for Palacios as Jenas just isn't consistent enough and Thudd isn't mobile enough but is a great passer of the ball.

Also I see Spurs are in for Bassong, a Centre half should be top priority considering King is always injured, Woodgate is often injured and Dawson is currently injured, not exactly a nice position to be in with the league only around the corner.

Top six would be a success this season for Spurs and I think they have a chance.

Eastern_Pride

Quote from: DennistheMenace on August 04, 2009, 03:45:02 PM
Still think they really need a midfield partner for Palacios as Jenas just isn't consistent enough and Thudd isn't mobile enough but is a great passer of the ball.

Also I see Spurs are in for Bassong, a Centre half should be top priority considering King is always injured, Woodgate is often injured and Dawson is currently injured, not exactly a nice position to be in with the league only around the corner.

Top six would be a success this season for Spurs and I think they have a chance.
With the squad and manager ye have its a necessity!
Do you think Usain Bolt could replace Thomas Walsh?

Eastern_Pride

Do you think Usain Bolt could replace Thomas Walsh?

T Fearon

He never passed anything well, including the ball, in a Spurs jersey. ;D

What do you reckon Harry's striking pair will be given he played Robbie last week in a midfield role? Seems like he has Crouch/Defoe in mind. Not sure if Robbie could cut it in midfield, his natural instinct is to head fr goal without passing etc

Doogie Browser

Hoddle, Ardiles and Peryman were on Sky's 'Time of our lives' last night.  Ossie still sounds the same as he did 30 years ago - the Jan Molby effect did not apply to him!

DennistheMenace

Quote from: T Fearon on August 05, 2009, 09:32:16 AM
He never passed anything well, including the ball, in a Spurs jersey. ;D

What do you reckon Harry's striking pair will be given he played Robbie last week in a midfield role? Seems like he has Crouch/Defoe in mind. Not sure if Robbie could cut it in midfield, his natural instinct is to head fr goal without passing etc

The Crouch/Defoe combo that Harry had at Portsmouth seems the most likely, strange because Keane is the captain and I don't think he would be effective in midfield, personally I think he was rubbish for both Liverpool and Spurs last season anyway.

T Fearon

Last season was a bit of a write off for Keane. His disastrous move to Liverpool tooks its toll on the lad's confidence. I am expecting big things from him this year though, both for club and country, but as a striker. I also think we need to see Modric play to his capability this year and if this is the case, and Lennon reproduces last season's form, and Gomes is assured in goal (unlike the early part of last season) we can look forward with optimism

DennistheMenace

Well just goes to show the grass isn't always greener on the other side re Keane.

Personally I wouldn't have him in the starting lineup especially not in a midfield capacity.

Modric last year was one of Spurs best performers alongside Lennon but there is definitely room for improvement, accomodating him might be the problem as I'm not a fan of playing him on the left.

T Fearon

I see 'Arry has answered a question from me in the August 09 edition of Hotspur Magazine ;D