TG4 - Club Championships Coverage

Started by drici, September 23, 2007, 05:05:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clubman21

Quote from: tiempo on February 18, 2022, 04:12:45 PM
Is there anything to be said for giving both hurling and football finalists huge credit as gallant losers for not ripping men down in those dying seconds and cynically making sure they didn't concede a goal by any means? Its no conciliation to them but has it been overlooked?
No, in hindsight they wouldn't have a second thought about doing it.

Taylor

Quote from: tiempo on February 18, 2022, 04:12:45 PM
Is there anything to be said for giving both hurling and football finalists huge credit as gallant losers for not ripping men down in those dying seconds and cynically making sure they didn't concede a goal by any means? Its no conciliation to them but has it been overlooked?

Huge credit?
I would be thinking the other way.

At that stage and with whats on the line you do whatever to win.

Just ask them now what they think

tiempo

So Sean Cavanagh was right to rip McManus down, glad we cleared that up then so.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: tiempo on February 18, 2022, 04:53:30 PM
So Sean Cavanagh was right to rip McManus down, glad we cleared that up then so.

A 100%
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ardtole

I remember McManus saying, he would have done the same thing himself.

Orior

TG4 got good coverage of a Kildare player relieving himself on the pitch.

One for It'll Be All Right on the Night, lol.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Sportacus

Another wet and windy Sunday when they didn't put the camera in under the stand. 

JoG2

Quote from: Sportacus on February 20, 2022, 04:18:57 PM
Another wet and windy Sunday when they didn't put the camera in under the stand.

What I noticed today in Owenbeg was they had 2 cameras over on the terrace side. 1 was filming as the other was turned inwards and getting wiped.

Silver hill

Quote from: JoG2 on February 20, 2022, 04:35:35 PM

What I noticed today in Owenbeg was they had 2 cameras over on the terrace side. 1 was filming as the other was turned inwards and getting wiped.

Would there be a technical reason why tG4 didn't place there cameras under the stand to avoid the issue of blurred pictures given the inclement conditions and persistent rainfall?

Sportacus

Quote from: Silver hill on February 21, 2022, 12:38:16 PM

Would there be a technical reason why tG4 didn't place there cameras under the stand to avoid the issue of blurred pictures given the inclement conditions and persistent rainfall?
It just seems to be a design fault at some grounds.  I suspect they like to have the camera on the terrace facing the stand because the pictures look better.  For example the scaffolding is up in Omagh to face across the pitch towards the stand/crowd. But they should have incorporated a gantry on the stand side as well for cameras on a bad day.  I assume they haven't, otherwise they would use them.  You'd think it could be sorted.  It's very amateur coverage compared to other sports.

JoG2

Quote from: Silver hill on February 21, 2022, 12:38:16 PM

Don't think so Silver. Plenty of area at the halfway line to fit a camera or two even if the stats men are setup recording the game. TG4 were using their own trailer generators by the looks of it, unless the cabling might be an issue?

drici

Dia Domhnaigh   07 - 08 - 2022

Ballyduff v Causeway   beo
3-00pm

toby47

Are RTÉ showing club games this year?

Also, anyone know any counties showing club games online for a decent price over the next few weeks?

imtommygunn

Antrim have just announced something. Starts friday night with st endas cushendall in the senior hurling. If you check the facebook you should see.

RandyDupree

Dublin have 3 games live this weekend on YouTube free of charge