This PSNI Thing

Started by Baile BrigĂ­n 2, July 28, 2022, 04:56:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marty34

Quote from: God14 on July 29, 2022, 08:10:39 AM
Quote from: marty34 on July 28, 2022, 09:48:37 PM
Morris from the Belfast Telegraph all over it..obviously.

I thought she was a good journalist when at the Irish News. Always comes across well on radio & TV as well. Surprised at her TBH

I wonder where she got her information - that's the question.

Clickbait for unionists.

johnnycool

I think this was badly reported in the first place by yer one and she's trying to backtrack slightly on it on SM where she seems to do most of her work.

not sure why they felt the need to pull out once it was made clear it was them rather than St Michaels from Magheralin, not a million miles away from Clan Na Banna, as it seemed no other team gave a toss either way when they found out.

Mountain made out of a molehill, but the usual political commentators using it as a stick to beat the GAA, yet not a word about St Pauls in Holywood having to deal with an arson attack.

tiempo

Quote from: general_lee on July 29, 2022, 10:58:03 AM
You'd best think there was an effort going on to distract from other matters.

The Noah Donohoe PII

Applesisapples

Really disappointed in Alison Morrison, I thought she was better than that. It does however raise 2 questions, first the PSNI's attitude to engagement and integration with the nationalist community and secondly the continued ambiguous approach to the PSNI by some nationalists. I would want to see officers live at home not having to move and playing for home clubs. The PSNI influences these decisions when young officers join up advising them to move from their community for safety, that needs to change and as nationalists we need to embrace the police as our own as we do the fire service.

johnnycool

Quote from: Applesisapples on July 29, 2022, 11:56:59 AM
Really disappointed in Alison Morrison, I thought she was better than that. It does however raise 2 questions, first the PSNI's attitude to engagement and integration with the nationalist community and secondly the continued ambiguous approach to the PSNI by some nationalists. I would want to see officers live at home not having to move and playing for home clubs. The PSNI influences these decisions when young officers join up advising them to move from their community for safety, that needs to change and as nationalists we need to embrace the police as our own as we do the fire service.

I'm certain this already happens in some areas.

The RUC/PSNI always had it's own teams for soccer and rugby who partake in the various leagues whereas the GAA would probably consider such a team an interfirms team and leave it at that with only tournament like things as per the Clan Na Banna thing.

If for whatever reason they didn't want to turn up, is entirely up to them, but Morris (now backtracking that she'd nothing to do with the headline and she is probably right on that) has made a few minor changes to the story online, but the stick is already out there to beat the GAA with.

johnnycool

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on July 29, 2022, 12:11:53 PM
Entirely predictable for all you men to criticise Allison Morris. Misogyny at its finest. If the journalist in question was a man nobody would have batted an eyelid that he jumped the gun, didn't fully research and ran with a one-sided story that didn't reflect the truth and stirred shit that wasn't there.
Because men are bastards.

Am I detecting a bit of sarcasm there?  ;)

ardtole

I dont think there will be too many clubs lining up to invite this psni team to any further tournements.

Applesisapples

Quote from: johnnycool on July 29, 2022, 12:15:39 PM
Quote from: Applesisapples on July 29, 2022, 11:56:59 AM

I'm certain this already happens in some areas.

The RUC/PSNI always had it's own teams for soccer and rugby who partake in the various leagues whereas the GAA would probably consider such a team an interfirms team and leave it at that with only tournament like things as per the Clan Na Banna thing.

If for whatever reason they didn't want to turn up, is entirely up to them, but Morris (now backtracking that she'd nothing to do with the headline and she is probably right on that) has made a few minor changes to the story online, but the stick is already out there to beat the GAA with.
I was making a wider point regarding the interaction of the PSNI with nationalist communities.

red hander

Not the first time she has blamed the headline writer. Pathetic. Maybe she should think twice about her sources, particularly loyalism's Elmer Fudd.

Kidder81

Quote from: johnnycool on July 29, 2022, 12:16:18 PM
Entirely predictable for all you men to criticise Allison Morris. Misogyny at its finest. If the journalist in question was a man nobody would have batted an eyelid that he jumped the gun, didn't fully research and ran with a one-sided story that didn't reflect the truth and stirred shit that wasn't there.

Has she thrown the mysogny card yet? it's never far away with her

red hander

Quote from: Kidder81 on July 29, 2022, 10:28:10 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on July 29, 2022, 12:16:18 PM

Has she thrown the mysogny card yet? it's never far away with her

Visit The Pensive Quill website and search Allison Morris. Extremely interesting reading.

naka

It so obviously is
They probably knew there would be a protest at their despicable action regarding the PII cert so made an excuse .

Dire Ear

100%

RedHand88

Quote from: naka on July 30, 2022, 08:27:49 AM
It so obviously is
They probably knew there would be a protest at their despicable action regarding the PII cert so made an excuse .

If you were in the police gaa team though would you be comfortable though? People haven't forgotten Ronan Kerr.

imtommygunn

Yeah that is what I think the problem could have been here. It was announced.

Though it would have to be known before they play any game but I guess they don't play that many.

At the minute media wise, more social media, there is an effort to tarnish the gaa because of the publicity the oo has been getting over the songs and the bonfire stuff. Same with the ulster fleadh.