This PSNI Thing

Started by Baile Brigín 2, July 28, 2022, 04:56:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baile Brigín 2

Any northern correspondant know what's actually going on? The two sides here seem miles apart with their stories

Turf

Mourne Red

PSNI trying to play victim card due to them being disgraced by writing dead taigs on photographs they've taken of suicide victims.

I've played in Inter-Firms and A memorial tournament which PSNI played at both and we knew that they were playing at the tournaments a couple of weeks before it was played.

They've pulled out of a tournament that Clan na banna in Down have organised because they released the teams who were playing in the tournaments names. There's a St.Michaels GAA club in Down and PSNI call themselves St Michaels so to differentiate between the two clubs CLB named them St Michaels PSNI and they pulled out over it

red hander

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on July 28, 2022, 04:56:53 PM
Any northern correspondant know what's actually going on? The two sides here seem miles apart with their stories

Considering it's the PSNI involved, I know what side I believe.

marty34

Morris from the Belfast Telegraph all over it..obviously.

general_lee

Carla Lockhart Upper Bann DUP MP couldn't wait to give her tuppence on Talkback. A vile, sectarian wench if ever there was one.

God14

Quote from: marty34 on July 28, 2022, 09:48:37 PM
Morris from the Belfast Telegraph all over it..obviously.

I thought she was a good journalist when at the Irish News. Always comes across well on radio & TV as well. Surprised at her TBH

toby47

What's the general feeling over the PSNI having a GAA team among members?

RedHand88

Quote from: toby47 on July 29, 2022, 08:17:13 AM

I see absolutely no issue. We are nearly 25 years after the GFA and the changes in policing in that time have been massive.

LC

Agree 100%, at the end of the day those within the PSNI participating / promoting gaelic games are no doubt the same individuals who are seeking to change long held perceptions by their day to day actions / engagement with the public.  Yes there are bad eggs within any organisation but overtime they will disappear further into the background and become less relevant and more isolated just like certain political / public figures of a similar mindset.

God14

Quote from: RedHand88 on July 29, 2022, 08:20:50 AM

I see absolutely no issue. We are nearly 25 years after the GFA and the changes in policing on the time have been massive.

+1
For sure a good thing & to be welcomed and encouraged

imtommygunn

Franko

A great thing, which should be welcomed

Milltown Row2

Was parachuted in a few times to play inter-firms games a few years ago, we played the PSNI in a Ulster final in Newry one time (played them in another maybe a year or two later) this was their first 'real' competition that they had entered and it was a bit surreal to be honest.

Arrived down and there was a protest going on outside the ground and I was nearly just going to turn round and drive home, but decided just play the game, bate the feckers (I mean I had a legal opportunity to whack a peeler with a stick) so we won the game handy enough in the end and it was physical enough in that they were very agricultural bar maybe the 2 or 3 actual players they had.. the other year they had improved but this was played at Cherryvalley and no issues around it at all....

Regarding this there was no reason to change the names to be fair, and whether they are making a mountain out of a molehill is up for debate, the fact is, there are multiple tournaments that are going on up and down the country with teams having the same name and they are never changed.. Having 2 names the same is ok, maybe there was a genuine misunderstanding
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

general_lee

You'd best think there was an effort going on to distract from other matters.