Kerry v Galway, All-Ireland Senior Football Final. 24 July, 2022

Started by IolarCoisCuain, July 11, 2022, 10:56:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IolarCoisCuain

Owenmoresider

Quote from: IolarCoisCuain on July 11, 2022, 10:56:12 PM
Seems worthy of a thread. Work away, and play nice.
No better teams than those two to do that in fairness.

clarshack

Hard to see how Galway can cope with the Cliffords and O'Shea, and they also have started slow in their last 2 games and they absolutely cannot afford for that to happen in the final.
But Galway have history and tradition and that counts for a lot too plus Padraig Joyce is a winner. It's a big difference to having James Horan on the line for Mayo in last years final no disrespect. An intriguing battle awaits and looking forward to it.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: clarshack on July 12, 2022, 12:10:21 AM
Hard to see how Galway can cope with the Cliffords and O'Shea, and they also have started slow in their last 2 games and they absolutely cannot afford for that to happen in the final.
But Galway have history and tradition and that counts for a lot too plus Padraig Joyce is a winner. It's a big difference to having James Horan on the line for Mayo in last years final no disrespect. An intriguing battle awaits and looking forward to it.
Did he ever win All-Ireland final against Kerry?

BrotherMore6592

Quote from: Owenmoresider on July 11, 2022, 11:06:06 PM
Quote from: IolarCoisCuain on July 11, 2022, 10:56:12 PM
Seems worthy of a thread. Work away, and play nice.
No better teams than those two to do that in fairness.

You must be joking. Kerry masters of dark arts and Galway have been play acting all year, lying down feigning injury , a number of their players.

seafoid

Dhera

It would seem that Kerry have a lot of issues.

https://mobile.twitter.com/radiokerrysport/status/1546524847836102659

They never beat Jim Gavin's team,  just like they never beat Mickey Harte's team in an all Ireland Final .
A lot of their all Irelands were won by imposing themselves psychologically on their opponents.   In the 00s they consoled themselves by beating Mayo and Cork. Kerry also have to go back 20 years to when they were strong.

Now there is a lot of pressure on them to win. Maybe it will all work out.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

GaillimhIarthair

Season ticket holders should be able to access their tickets since last night.  Got my 2 in 305 lower Cusack so happy with that!! Great to looking forward to a football final after such a long gap to the last one.  Galway with more than a squeak  ;)

mouview

Did Colm Keys in an Indo article yesterday mention that Galway were trounced by Kerry in the league 4 months ago? Oh dear.

blanketattack

- Kerry have a 100% record in winning the All-Ireland the year after Tyrone win the All-Ireland
- Jack O'Connor has a 100% record of winning the All-Ireland after knocking Dublin out of the Championship
- Jack O'Connor has a 100% record of winning the League and All-Ireland in the first year of his stints as Kerry manager
- Jack O'Connor has a 100% record against Connaught teams in the Championship
- Jack O'Connor has already maintained his 100% record in All-Ireland semi-finals

seafoid

It has been a long season . #Jaysus

An Fhairche Abu

Re: NFL Division Two 2022
« Reply #168 on: March 06, 2022, 05:16:06 PM »
Realistically where are Galway going conceding 3-10 at home to the likes of Offaly? Absolutely ridiculous. Worrying signs the last two weeks, you'll get away with that type of slack and mistake laden performance against lower Division Two standard teams, but will be blown out of it against serious opposition who won't give up a big score.
Have the three best teams left to play and I hope that Galway go up purely because we will fall even further behind Division One standard if they don't, the gulf is big enough as it is. Will be a difficult task though, 10 points mightn't be enough to go up given the huge imbalance in the Division, needless to say, anything bar a win against Clare and Galway will be in serious bother.
As for the championship will be looking for a good run in backdoor unless something serious changes between now and April 24th, a top level Division One team like Mayo are not going to give up cheap scores and will wreck a defensive setup that's letting in huge scores against Cork and Offaly.. Went into this league hoping to see some big improvements on 3 things: kickouts, defence setup and score conversion rate. When you see the calibre of opposition at this level, there is no improvement on the first two aspects and that level of performance today just isn't good enough.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2022, 05:17:47 PM by An Fhairche Abu »
Report to moderator    Logged
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

mouview

Quote from: mouview on October 29, 2021, 08:08:27 PM
Quote from: galwayman on October 29, 2021, 08:52:46 AM
Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on October 26, 2021, 06:14:14 PM
Hopefully I'm wrong but have never been as pessimistic about Galway football at Senior IC level, we're going nowhere.
I would have to say I agree with that unfortunately.
All the abuse Kevin Walsh got and look at us now two years on.

Time to move on from Walsh nostalgia, his reign was no success by any metric. As poor as PJ may be, I'd like to see him dealing with a full deck as in a completely fit squad, (this basically means John Daly). We badly need a proper CHB and HB line, Dylan Wall/McHugh/ANOther isn't good enough. Build from there.

As pessimistic as you may be, if it's any consolation, I don't think we're going to get any worse. There should now within a season or two be a better cohort coming through when the successful U-20 team is raided. McLoughlin from Moycullen is a good prospect, while Dessie Conneely should get another look in. Salthill's Evan Murphy can be 'languid' they say but is worth a chance, he has good ability. Can never understand why Eoin Finnerty doesn't get a sustained run; not the quickest but always a handful for a FB, and is miles ahead of the likes of Brannigan. Caherlistrane's Jonathan McGrath never fails to impress when I see him play and should be a real good 'un when he fills out fully. The green shoots are starting to appear, just a bit more patience required.

I was more optimistic in fairness, (though got HB line call a bit wrong!)

Rossfan

Nothing like a bit of Winter/Spring angst and  anxiety ;)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM