Pat Spillane to leave Sunday Game role after 30 years

Started by TheMistro, July 09, 2022, 03:14:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sportacus

His tribute to his father was completely genuine in my opinion and I'd never heard it before.  It was for the day that was in it.  A few people on here just being cynical for the sake of it. Boring.

balladmaker

Quote from: mrdeeds on July 25, 2022, 03:30:15 PM
Quote from: Gael85 on July 25, 2022, 11:37:21 AM
Quote from: mrdeeds on July 24, 2022, 10:55:53 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on July 24, 2022, 10:46:06 PM
Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on July 24, 2022, 05:26:32 PM
Bet all yous boys slaggin Pat feel bad now 😉😃

Pat stole a healthy living for 30 years. 5 minutes of a sad and joyful personal family story changes nothing in relation to that.

His antics over lockdown too leave a lot to be desired.
What antics?

He claimed over 30 thousand in loss of media earnings despite being on a healthy pension.

He was playing by the rules ... his media business was adversely impacted ... government had a relief scheme, so he used it ... as did half the country from what I can tell.

Franko

Quote from: yellowcard on July 25, 2022, 12:13:13 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on July 25, 2022, 12:10:59 PM
Quote from: Itchy on July 25, 2022, 11:37:27 AM
I was watching on sky where there was proper analysis but I'm curious as to what Pats emotional story was?

His father died after a Kerry Galway game.

Look how many medals my family have.

Now my nephews have a medal too.

It was Pat being Pat, putting on a performance for the gallery. Perhaps he was emotional but he didn't need to do it on live TV.
Quote from: RedHand88 on July 25, 2022, 12:10:59 PM
Quote from: Itchy on July 25, 2022, 11:37:27 AM
I was watching on sky where there was proper analysis but I'm curious as to what Pats emotional story was?

His father died after a Kerry Galway game.

Now my nephews have a medal too.

Harsh enough lads?

No time for Pat's gobshitery but IMO it was a nice personal memory and he got a bit emotional when sharing

Which was very understandable given the personal significance of the occasion (on many fronts)

Captain Obvious

Any chance his daughter Cara could replace him on Sunday Game?  More pleasing on the eye and will likely talk less shite .

grounded

Quote from: Sportacus on July 25, 2022, 04:30:16 PM
His tribute to his father was completely genuine in my opinion and I'd never heard it before.  It was for the day that was in it.  A few people on here just being cynical for the sake of it. Boring.

+1

highorlow

Spillane, O'Rourkes and Brollys legacies on TSG can only be properly judged after next year's championship.

At present one thing is fairly certain, the entertainment/controversy value will be completely diminished.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

BuzzCagney

With all the RTE payment controversy Spillange got out at the right time. Some check to claim the money when probably worse pundit before he was let go.

https://twitter.com/luighseach/status/1533468008282214401?lang=fi

trailer

Remember when RTE tried to turn him into Gary Lineker and present TSG. What a f**king w**ker. And this reminds us of the shitheads running RTE.

sensethetone

Quote from: trailer on July 06, 2023, 03:24:44 PM
Remember when RTE tried to turn him into Gary Lineker and present TSG. What a f**king w**ker. And this reminds us of the shitheads running RTE.

Yeah prompting Anthony Tohill to talk down Tyrone.

NotedObserver

Quote from: sensethetone on July 06, 2023, 04:03:39 PM
Quote from: trailer on July 06, 2023, 03:24:44 PM

Yeah prompting Anthony Tohill to talk down Tyrone.

Did he? From memory he stood up for Ulster football? Maybe im wrong

Captain Obvious

From the Bunker

Thank god that is behind a paywall. Squeaky bum time for Pat and his record 8 All Irelands Record!