Pat Spillane to leave Sunday Game role after 30 years

Started by TheMistro, July 09, 2022, 03:14:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheMistro

Main Street

Pat's cute hoorism Tyrone baiting compensated for ALL shortcomings. He took big (stuttering) Colm Cavanagh to the cleaners with just a conspiracy theory (or was it?). Although it doesn't take much, but the fact that most all Tyronies are agitated by well mannered Pat is just yet another testimony to their paranoia and deep insecurity.

red hander

Eire90

does he have a podcast or appears on someones podcast weekly

From the Bunker

Quote from: GAABoardMod5 on July 09, 2022, 08:45:33 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 09, 2022, 08:28:17 PM
Why is he waiting for tomorrow's paper to reveal why?

Mandatory retirement from RTE/RTE contractors on age grounds?  I think he'll be 67 this year.

Good stuff, that means Joe Duffy is gone in January!

OakLeaf

One of the best footballers of all time. Punditry not so much. RTE need to take a look at the Sky and BBC coverage/Punditry and modernise.

Rossfan

RTÉ did a decent but of punditry for the Tailteann Semis and Final.
No rants, no waffling, intelligent questions etc.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

TheMistro

Quote from: Main Street on July 09, 2022, 11:50:44 PM
Pat's cute hoorism Tyrone baiting compensated for ALL shortcomings. He took big (stuttering) Colm Cavanagh to the cleaners with just a conspiracy theory (or was it?). Although it doesn't take much, but the fact that most all Tyronies are agitated by well mannered Pat is just yet another testimony to their paranoia and deep insecurity.

Pat only said couple weeks in SW Tyrone conned Kerry last year. He said Tyrone were masters of one in a row and won soft All Ireland in 2021.   He will never get over Tyrone beaten Kerry in 03,05,08.

TheMistro

Quote from: Rossfan on July 10, 2022, 10:39:33 AM
RTÉ did a decent but of punditry for the Tailteann Semis and Final.
No rants, no waffling, intelligent questions etc.

+1. The boys knew their stuff. Who was the lad with Ross Munnelly?

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

smort

TheMistro

Quote from: Rossfan on July 10, 2022, 10:43:32 AM
Wasn't it Micky Quinn of Longford?

Thanks. I say was him. I thought Lawlor called him Nicky but heard wrong.

TheMistro

pbat

He'll keep his powder dry in the paper till a few weeks after the all ireland final.

HokeyPokey

Quote from: TheMistro on July 10, 2022, 10:40:55 AM
Quote from: Main Street on July 09, 2022, 11:50:44 PM

Pat only said couple weeks in SW Tyrone conned Kerry last year. He said Tyrone were masters of one in a row and won soft All Ireland in 2021.   He will never get over Tyrone beaten Kerry in 03,05,08.

If I was from Kerry, I would not bring up soft All-Irelands. They have lost the vast majority of their tight finals in the last few decades and been uncontested in the rest.

They way he went on and so many others, it was as if Tyrone had went and used the delay to use voodoo on the Kerry team.

If Kerry were as good as they were made out to be, they should have beaten Tyrone well, a Tyrone that had significant issues in the run up to the game, plenty of testimony from the players and management attesting to that.