Author Topic: Pat Spillane to leave Sunday Game role after 30 years  (Read 8081 times)

Sportacus

• View Profile
Re: Pat Spillane to leave Sunday Game role after 30 years
« Reply #90 on: July 25, 2022, 04:30:16 PM »
His tribute to his father was completely genuine in my opinion and I’d never heard it before.  It was for the day that was in it.  A few people on here just being cynical for the sake of it. Boring.

balladmaker

• Irish To The Core!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 25, 2022, 04:34:53 PM »
Bet all yous boys slaggin Pat feel bad now 😉😃

Pat stole a healthy living for 30 years. 5 minutes of a sad and joyful personal family story changes nothing in relation to that.

His antics over lockdown too leave a lot to be desired.
What antics?

He claimed over 30 thousand in loss of media earnings despite being on a healthy pension.

He was playing by the rules ... his media business was adversely impacted ... government had a relief scheme, so he used it ... as did half the country from what I can tell.

Franko

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 25, 2022, 05:03:52 PM »
I was watching on sky where there was proper analysis but I'm curious as to what Pats emotional story was?

His father died after a Kerry Galway game.

Look how many medals my family have.

Now my nephews have a medal too.

It was Pat being Pat, putting on a performance for the gallery. Perhaps he was emotional but he didn't need to do it on live TV.
I was watching on sky where there was proper analysis but I'm curious as to what Pats emotional story was?

His father died after a Kerry Galway game.

Now my nephews have a medal too.

Harsh enough lads?

No time for Pat's gobshitery but IMO it was a nice personal memory and he got a bit emotional when sharing

Which was very understandable given the personal significance of the occasion (on many fronts)

Captain Obvious

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 26, 2022, 06:40:09 PM »
Any chance his daughter Cara could replace him on Sunday Game?  More pleasing on the eye and will likely talk less shite .

grounded

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 26, 2022, 08:41:22 PM »
His tribute to his father was completely genuine in my opinion and I’d never heard it before.  It was for the day that was in it.  A few people on here just being cynical for the sake of it. Boring.

+1

rrhf

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 27, 2022, 11:07:18 AM »
+2

highorlow

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 27, 2022, 11:15:37 AM »
Spillane, O’Rourkes and Brollys legacies on TSG can only be properly judged after next year’s championship.

At present one thing is fairly certain, the entertainment/controversy value will be completely diminished.