Dublin v Kerry AISF

Started by tonto1888, June 29, 2022, 09:04:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hound

Anyone ever have a 'hairline fracture'?

This seems to be Con's injury. Presumably on a leg/foot/ankle. Happened around 3 weeks ago.

An Fhairche Abu

Quote from: armaghniac on July 05, 2022, 06:58:56 PM
Quote from: Loughshore2022 on July 05, 2022, 12:12:22 PM
It will be a Dublin v Derry final, a repeat of 1958. Of course I won't get a ticket though as I am not an important figure in my club. It doesn't matter if you attend county games or not, it all will come down to how popular you are in the club.

No, you can buy a season ticket, these were introduced since 1993.
There's only 20 football season ticket holders in Derry, source for that number is Cahair O'Kane.

imtommygunn

Quote from: Captain Obvious on July 05, 2022, 06:09:35 PM
Quote from: ck on July 05, 2022, 05:12:06 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on June 29, 2022, 03:19:19 PM
A fit O'Callaghan plays Dublin win. He doesn't they don't.

Kilkenny still has it and will cause Kerry bother.

Johnny cooper for a red card assuming he plays >:(

Has the makings of a very good game.

Yep its that simple for me too. If Con plays Dublin will beat Kerry I think. Dublin Galway final.
Are you lads forgetting Con O'Callaghan played against Mayo last year and Dublin lost?

The fitness of David Clifford will be more of a decider than Con O'Callaghan.

He wasn't playing well at all this year. When not injured he has been this year.

I just think they will get goals if he plays. Look at the Kildare game - the blitz Dublin did he made happen.

Throw It Up Ref

Quote from: Hound on July 06, 2022, 08:08:05 AM
Anyone ever have a 'hairline fracture'?

This seems to be Con's injury. Presumably on a leg/foot/ankle. Happened around 3 weeks ago.

Would have a bit of experience in it. It would take 12 weeks from the incident to a full recovery. It's the sort of thing were if the player was far enough along you could strap them up and get them through a big game but it would put them back.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 06, 2022, 08:53:21 AM

Yep its that simple for me too. If Con plays Dublin will beat Kerry I think. Dublin Galway final.
Are you lads forgetting Con O'Callaghan played against Mayo last year and Dublin lost?

He wasn't playing well at all this year. When not injured he has been this year.

I just think they will get goals if he plays. Look at the Kildare game - the blitz Dublin did he made happen.
The way Kildare defended made that happen. You could sail a cruise ship through the middle of their defence.

TheMistro

Quote from: Captain Obvious on July 06, 2022, 03:21:12 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on July 06, 2022, 08:53:21 AM

The way Kildare defended made that happen. You could sail a cruise ship through the middle of their defence.

I think kildare got carried away with league win against the dubs. A buck from Kildare was telling me the y elebrated for 2 days after the win.

TheMistro

Kerry deliberately not going for goals against Limerick and Mayo. That will change Sunday.

highorlow

Quotehis seems to be Con's injury. Presumably on a leg/foot/ankle. Happened around 3 weeks ago.

Close, Knee
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

highorlow

Dublin will win this with regardless of injuries.

Cork man marked Fenton for the 1st half and I expect Kerry to try the same, Fenton broke free in the second half against Cork, I'd expect the same v Kerry. Tom O'Sullivan won't get the free reign that we gave him the last day. I'm edging towards Dublin by 2 to 3 points.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Laois Rising

Who in the Dublin full forward line will be able to mark Tom O'Sullivan as he gets forward? Poor Cillian O'Connor was a broken man by the end of the game as he tried to chase back down the field after O'Sullivan for the umpteeth time.

Hound

Quote from: Laois Rising on July 08, 2022, 05:42:35 PM
Who in the Dublin full forward line will be able to mark Tom O'Sullivan as he gets forward? Poor Cillian O'Connor was a broken man by the end of the game as he tried to chase back down the field after O'Sullivan for the umpteeth time.
And how will Geaney and Clifford cope with chasing Murchan and Gannon ?

Not that any of the above will be a deciding factor, as this is a game where both sets of defenders will be concentrating on defending far more than any championship game they've played this year.

Seems certain that McCarthy will be in for the Dubs, but O'Callaghan out. Disappointing!

Blowitupref

Con O'Callaghan not named on the Dublin 26. Remains to be seen if that will be the case tomorrow.

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Hound

Quote from: Blowitupref on July 09, 2022, 03:55:56 PM
Con O'Callaghan not named on the Dublin 26. Remains to be seen if that will be the case tomorrow.
If he's not in the named 26, he's not allowed play.
However, I believe it's only the 15 that's been released so far and that means little as we usually just name the starting team from the previous game as 1-15.
Unless you have seen the 26?

Blowitupref

Quote from: Hound on July 09, 2022, 04:01:32 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on July 09, 2022, 03:55:56 PM
If he's not in the named 26, he's not allowed play.
However, I believe it's only the 15 that's been released so far and that means little as we usually just name the starting team from the previous game as 1-15.
Unless you have seen the 26?

Was stated on RTÉ that he's not named on the 26. I presume they have viewed the published 26 on the program.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

greatpoint

When Dublin beat Kerry tomorrow, I wonder how long we'll have to wait until Kerry are installed as favourites for next year's All-Ireland?