Is the earlier Championship a success or failure?

Started by full moon, May 07, 2022, 12:15:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Earlier Championship

Success
59 (39.1%)
Failure
59 (39.1%)
Too early to say
33 (21.9%)

Total Members Voted: 151

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

seafoid

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Milltown Row2

Quote from: seafoid on August 07, 2022, 10:03:35 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 06, 2022, 11:43:38 PM
But you're still here
It always slows down for autumn. Just not in august

That's the best idea for returning it back to September  ;D

I wonder which journalist will cite that as a reason
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Milltown Row2

The Camog's finished off the season and Kilkenny eek out a win against Cork, Antrim score 5 goals against Armagh and Galway get over the line against Cork's second team..

Club championships are full pelt now.... Load to do and see
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Rossfan

Milltown Row2

seafoid

They are going to review it after the all Ireland final next year.
Does it make sense for MR to be drinking cocktails poolside after the all Ireland Hurling Final?
See tomorrow's Irish News for full analysis.

seafoid

2 aspects from today's OTB

Ann Downey of KK camogie said players don't get enough time to prepare for the all Ireland Final and that she would prefer September finals
Because the season is shorter the GAA's ad income is going to be lower

Milltown Row2

Quote from: seafoid on August 09, 2022, 09:15:56 AM

Ann Downey of KK camogie said players don't get enough time to prepare for the all Ireland Final and that she would prefer September finals

So any news from the club players? Or are you just going to quote county players? the 1%

seafoid

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 09, 2022, 10:04:27 AM

So any news from the club players? Or are you just going to quote county players? the 1%
[/quote
I'm not sure the club players will get to decide. Club schedules are all over the place.
How much advertising do the club games bring in?

LeoMc

Quote from: seafoid on August 09, 2022, 10:08:49 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 09, 2022, 10:04:27 AM

[/quote
I'm not sure the club players will get to decide. Club schedules are all over the place.
How much advertising do the club games bring in?
Should advertising revenue be driving it?
Should money be the measure?

Milltown Row2

So who gets to decide? the 1% who generate the most money? Bit strange seafoid, I thought you were always against the 1% in life..

I suppose everyone has a price

Explain to me how club schedules are all over the place? We are in the throws of football and hurling championships here in Antrim at all levels, games being streamed across all, gates are up as games are spread over the weekend allowing for folk to watch whatever grade they like..

Rossfan

Decisions made at Congress as usual.
I suspect the 1% are (the football part will be in 2023) are happier to have games coming at them fast rather than 3 weeks training before each game.
No matter what calendar changes might be made there will have to be a block of time allocated for inter Co championships and another exclusive block for Club Championships.
As for Revenue....if even 10 more people attended each club match compared to the mixed bag years ....it will lead to at least €1m extra for County Boards