Connacht U20 and U17 championships 2024

Started by Cunny Funt, January 18, 2021, 11:21:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SLIGONIAN

I'm sure we are all still here lurking. Delighted with our 2nd half against Mayo. 3 years in a row beating them. I think the group format hugely benefitted us. Team should be stronger than last time we played Galway and I felt we handed them 2 goals the last day whilst missing a few more of our own. I also feel psychologically Galway having to face us instead of being in the final would be annoying for them.

When Letrim went 1-13 to 1-7 up against us, it would hard to see where we are now.

Fair play to our lads for finding a way.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Blowitupref

Two results in the Connacht U17 championship tonight.

Roscommon 1-10 Galway 1-7
Leitrim 0-8 Sligo 0-9
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Rossfan

Sligo 3
Ros 2
Mayowestros 2*
Galway 1
Leitrim 0*

*1 game played.

Probably all go to the wire like the U20.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

SLIGONIAN

Brilliant win for us tonight. We nearly kicked it away. We are a very good side up to the final 3rd, in fact if we can find our accuracy we could be a more serious threat. I wasn't impressed with Galway last week so not surprised Roscommon won that. I suspect Mayo and Roscommon are strongest 2 in it. Leitrim are decent. We have a bye now then Roscommon away- mayo at home, so tough 2 games to finish. It looks tight alright.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

galwayman

Mayo are miles ahead of the other Connacht teams at u17 this year.
This particular years crop have been exceptional all the way up

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: galwayman on April 19, 2024, 09:36:22 PMMayo are miles ahead of the other Connacht teams at u17 this year.
This particular years crop have been exceptional all the way up

Our crop this year look as poor as I've seen in a good few years. Not sure management is helping them much though.