Previous topic - Next topic

iorras

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on February 17, 2022, 11:04:13 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on February 17, 2022, 10:11:50 PM
Quote from: greatpoint on February 17, 2022, 07:38:43 PM
Quote from: galwayman on February 17, 2022, 12:18:44 PM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on February 17, 2022, 11:20:48 AM
It's coming every year, they don't have it in them to do it
I completely disagree. We shall soon find out.

Year on year the media and fans alike fall over themselves to proclaim Kerry as the Champions in waiting. This is Clifford's 5th year on the panel and there's no evidence they're any closer to winning an All-Ireland.

Now that Dublin aren't nailed on, Kerry have a very good chance of winning the AI.

Didn't you say the same thing last year?  ;) :P
That sort of punditry would get you a job on RTE or the Irish Independent for life ,"I think Kerry will do it this year", bound to be right once every 10 years also "I cant see Mayo doing it this year". I've just written Martin Breheny's columns for the next two years

Fear ón Srath Bán

Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

greatpoint

Clifford up there with Michael Jordan according to Off The Ball.

JoG2

Quote from: greatpoint on April 10, 2022, 05:30:30 PM

Just knew he'd be handy at basketball too. Great sportsman

greatpoint

Quote from: JoG2 on April 10, 2022, 05:33:33 PM

How does he compare to Michael Schumacher though?

JoG2

Quote from: greatpoint on April 10, 2022, 06:01:48 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on April 10, 2022, 05:33:33 PM

How does he compare to Michael Schumacher though?

great point

yellowcard

Jordan would have killed his own granny to win and duly mopped up plenty of titles. Great basketball player but he was a bit of an asshole off the court. I don't get the comparison between Jordan and Clifford other than the fact that they were both very good at their chosen sport.

Stylistically Clifford probably isn't the most graceful of players when you compare him to the effortless style of the likes of Maurice Fitz or Shane Walsh but he is incredibly effective, a one man scoring machine. He does have the appearance of a lad that has worked really hard on his game. I think he will win several AI titles and if he stays injury free he can go on to become the greatest Gaelic footballer in memory.

marty34

Quote from: yellowcard on April 10, 2022, 06:52:35 PM

Jordan would have killed his own granny to win and duly mopped up plenty of titles. Great basketball player but he was a bit of an asshole off the court. I don't get the comparison between Jordan and Clifford other than the fact that they were both very good at their chosen sport.

Stylistically Clifford probably isn't the most graceful of players when you compare him to the effortless style of the likes of Maurice Fitz or Shane Walsh but he is incredibly effective, a one man scoring machine. He does have the appearance of a lad that has worked really hard on his game. I think he will win several AI titles and if he stays injury free he can go on to become the greatest Gaelic footballer in memory.

Are you comparing him with Shane Walsh?

To me, there's no comparsion.  I think he looks natural enough.  Style of kicking were good, plus the basketball type bounce.

Skilful player but too early to say he'll be a great.

yellowcard

Quote from: marty34 on April 10, 2022, 07:53:25 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on April 10, 2022, 06:52:35 PM

Are you comparing him with Shane Walsh?

To me, there's no comparsion.  I think he looks natural enough.  Style of kicking were good, plus the basketball type bounce.

Skilful player but too early to say he'll be a great.

No I'm just pointing out the contrast in styles. Clifford is a very skilful footballer but he can look ungainly at times but he is incredibly effective and so powerful. Walsh is like a gazelle but he doesn't have anywhere near the same output as Clifford given his level of natural ability.

J70

JimStynes

What a joy he is to watch! One of the greats and he's only early 20s. If he continues like this he'll surely go down as the GOAT

OrchardOrange

Quote from: JimStynes on July 24, 2022, 09:14:59 PM
What a joy he is to watch! One of the greats and he's only early 20s. If he continues like this he'll surely go down as the GOAT

Plenty of contdenors for GOAT in Ulster, some of whom never won an AI

Gael85

Great 12 months for Clifford. Will break all the records. He is unstoppable and expect to collect another Sam Maguire this year.

Armagh18

Quote from: Gael85 on January 15, 2023, 04:00:25 PM

Great 12 months for Clifford. Will break all the records. He is unstoppable and expect to collect another Sam Maguire this year.
Hopefully he stays injury free. Probably the most naturally talented player I've seen