Ladies football

Started by ExiledGael, May 07, 2007, 03:05:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you pay in to watch ladies football?

Yes
65 (52%)
No
60 (48%)

Total Members Voted: 123

seafoid

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

seafoid

Vicky Wall is the new Tommy Dowd. Very impressive.
Meath played like champions. Super organised and took their chances.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

thejuice

Thanks.

O'Sullivan impressed with her shooting and making space for herself. VW would be a big loss if she doesn't return from AFLW or gets injured over there which seems to be the case quite often.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

HiMucker

My 13 year old daughter asked me why are they allowed to pick it straight off the ground and the boys aren't? I couldn't really answer her without it sounding sexist. Is there any other reason other than to make it easier?

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: HiMucker on August 01, 2022, 01:22:09 PM
My 13 year old daughter asked me why are they allowed to pick it straight off the ground and the boys aren't? I couldn't really answer her without it sounding sexist. Is there any other reason other than to make it easier?

because its a crap sport designed to be easily transferred and translated into big playing numbers quickly

Milltown Row2

It makes the game quicker tell her
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 01, 2022, 01:46:54 PM

It makes the game quicker tell her

Its like collecting purdies in a field

imtommygunn

I swore there was a girl in the junior game pulled for picking it off the ground.

Smokin Joe

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 01, 2022, 02:05:48 PM
I swore there was a girl in the junior game pulled for picking it off the ground.

You can't pick it off the ground if any part of your body, other than feet, are touching the ground.

Hound

Quote from: thejuice on August 01, 2022, 11:06:23 AM
Thanks.

O'Sullivan impressed with her shooting and making space for herself. VW would be a big loss if she doesn't return from AFLW or gets injured over there which seems to be the case quite often.
According to Cora, Vicky won't be back for Meath in championship. It will coincide with AFLW next year. There'll be at least 20 Irish in it next year and could get close to 30.

imtommygunn

Quote from: Smokin Joe on August 01, 2022, 05:00:09 PM

You can't pick it off the ground if any part of your body, other than feet, are touching the ground.

Ah. That explains it!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 01, 2022, 06:13:55 PM
Quote from: Smokin Joe on August 01, 2022, 05:00:09 PM

Ah. That explains it!

Ah Tommy!! You not watched much ladies?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

I'm the average joe who doesn't know the rules and just shouts at refs for getting it wrong ;D (I watch it on tv the odd time but haven't been to a game in a long while...)