Ulster Colleges

Started by Line Ball, October 13, 2012, 06:59:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Any craic

Any craic

Fabulous Rannafast Cup Final tonight... see the late drama here, with some great scores and an even better celebration... St Pats Cavan coming from 5 down to win by 6 against Omagh CBS,,, http://tinyurl.com/ctrc6j4

Any craic

The South Armagh lads win again in Ulster Colleges, this time beating St Paul's Bessbrook beat St Pat's Maghera in the McCormick Cup Final (League version of the MacRory Cup) - see video bits here: http://www.ulstercollegesgaa.org/general/final-whistle-video-danske-bank-mccormick-cup-final/

FermGael

St Michael's through to the quarter finals today.
Beat Magherafelt.
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

Any craic

Omagh CBS won the Danske Bank Corn na nOg Final tonight with victory over St Colman's at Emyvale. You can see Omagh's goal here, scored by captain Conor Loughran -
http://tinyurl.com/cfvt3kf

Eamonnca1

Any Craic, good work. I could use a bit of help here. What are the following competitions?

Danske Bank Corn na nOg Cup
McCormick Cup
Rannafast Cup
Casement Cup
Mageean Cup

Don't forget to say if they're hurling or football.  I want to add them to that wikipedia page I mentioned elsewhere, the list of GAA competitions. In each case, who competes, when does it run, and who is the cup named after?  (Casement is obvious enough).

Thanks.

trileacman

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on December 08, 2012, 01:23:30 AM
Any Craic, good work. I could use a bit of help here. What are the following competitions?

Danske Bank Corn na nOg Cup
McCormick Cup
Rannafast Cup
Casement Cup
Mageean Cup

Don't forget to say if they're hurling or football.  I want to add them to that wikipedia page I mentioned elsewhere, the list of GAA competitions. In each case, who competes, when does it run, and who is the cup named after?  (Casement is obvious enough).

Thanks.
Open to correction but;

Corn na nOg - schools football 3rd year.
Ranafast - schools football 5th year.
McCormick - schools football 7th year. McCrory warm-up competition.

Is Mageean the hurling equivalent of the McCrory?
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Eamonnca1

When you say schools, is that secondary schools?

yellowcard

Heard the Ulster Colleges GAA All Stars team were picked yesterday. Has anyone got the details?

Walter Cronc

Quote from: yellowcard on December 15, 2012, 07:23:13 PM
Heard the Ulster Colleges GAA All Stars team were picked yesterday. Has anyone got the details?

St Pats Maghera got 3 footballers and 1 Hurler. Connor Carville (CHB), James Kearney (MF) and Stephen O'Hara (FF) in the football and Gerald Bradley in the Hurling.

yellowcard

Quote from: Walter Cronc on December 15, 2012, 07:30:57 PM

St Pats Maghera got 3 footballers and 1 Hurler. Connor Carville (CHB), James Kearney (MF) and Stephen O'Hara (FF) in the football and Gerald Bradley in the Hurling.

Good stuff, thought they might have had up to 5 in football. Is the full team up anywhere?

Walter Cronc

Quote from: yellowcard on December 15, 2012, 07:39:41 PM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on December 15, 2012, 07:30:57 PM

Good stuff, thought they might have had up to 5 in football. Is the full team up anywhere?

Haven't seen the 15 anywhere. Also heard Terence O'Brien from St Mary's Magherafelt got one. His 2nd. One team would never get 5. I'd be very surprised if even the great Colmans teams of a couple of years ago would have got that many.

I'd imagine Dungannon and Bessbrook got 2 or 3 each!

The Brick

Well done to the maghera boys. Hopefully a sign of a long awaited macrory cup in 2013. Anyone know of the full list from gk to cf? Any surprise omissions or inclusions from the all star team?

yellowcard

I don't understand why the awards aren't given out at the end of the competition. Surely more focus should be put on the knock out stages of the competition than on trials. I think this Maghera team will win the competition and 3 might look modest enough by the time 17th March comes around. I'd say St Pauls have Burns and O'Hanlon (only guessing) anyway, not sure about Dungannon but they should have a couple as well.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: yellowcard on December 15, 2012, 07:59:40 PM
I don't understand why the awards aren't given out at the end of the competition. Surely more focus should be put on the knock out stages of the competition than on trials. I think this Maghera team will win the competition and 3 might look modest enough by the time 17th March comes around. I'd say St Pauls have Burns and O'Hanlon (only guessing) anyway, not sure about Dungannon but they should have a couple as well.

It's a bit of a farce of an awards system to be honest. Other than it can get lads on the Elite Athlete scholarship for University it's pretty pointless. Lots of magheras better players over the years have failed to get an award such as Tohill and Fergal Doherty.