Monaghan v Dublin AI Semi Final 15 July 2023

Started by donelli, July 13, 2023, 05:07:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

donelli

Maybe its time to start a thread  ???   ;D ;D

Though maybe no need for this, as all we can hear on the radio/podcasts is how can Dublin stop David Clifford!

Anyway, we'll give it a go. Our 2nd semi-final in 35 years and Monaghan. The last few weeks has been great to see in the county. Everyone getting behind our lads.
Monaghan legends of the game in their last year for the county in Hughes and McManus.

tbrick18

I think 31 counties will be behind yous.

Monaghan v Derry AIF?

That would be some achievement. ;D

Derryman forever

Be something if the AI was Kerry and Dublin free.
Come on Monaghan.
In the minors Derry beat Dublin and Monaghan beat Kerry,
I don't believe  you are without a chance, anything can happen.

Best of luck to you.

AustinPowers

Is this the  first year   that all the minor and senior semi finalists  are the same teams?

The Hill is Blue

Dublin hand Mayo a cruel hammering while Monaghan scrape through against Armagh - the scene is set for an historic ambush. I hope not, but I'm just saying.
;)
COYBIB
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

clarshack

Quote from: tbrick18 on July 13, 2023, 05:08:57 PM
I think 31 counties will be behind yous.

Monaghan v Derry AIF?

That would be some achievement. ;D

would rather any pairing but a Derry v Monaghan final.

restorepride

Quote from: donelli on July 13, 2023, 05:07:09 PM
Maybe its time to start a thread  ???   ;D ;D

Though maybe no need for this, as all we can hear on the radio/podcasts is how can Dublin stop David Clifford!

Anyway, we'll give it a go. Our 2nd semi-final in 35 years and Monaghan. The last few weeks has been great to see in the county. Everyone getting behind our lads.
Monaghan legends of the game in their last year for the county in Hughes and McManus.
Monaghan there on merit and fully deserve the chance to reach an All-Ireland final. All games are tough at this stage any year and to beat this Dublin team would be some achievement.  Not impossible.  Keep the goals out, bag a couple, and then you never know!   Few high balls on top of Cluxton now and again early on with Darren Hughes underneath them - get Stephen rattled.  Remember Fermanagh!!!!  ;)  Best of luck to Monaghan.

Blowitupref

Quote from: AustinPowers on July 13, 2023, 05:26:05 PM
Is this the  first year   that all the minor and senior semi finalists  are the same teams?

I believe so,
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

restorepride

Quote from: AustinPowers on July 13, 2023, 05:26:05 PM
Historically speaking, that would be surprising!  Kerry, Dublin, Mayo, Tyrone etc.

Rossfan

Wasn't this the first year ever that the 4 Football Provincial winners retained their Titles?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Rossfan on July 13, 2023, 07:36:29 PM
Wasn't this the first year ever that the 4 Football Provincial winners retained their Titles?

First time since 1942 (Kerry,Galway,Cavan and Dublin)

In 1941 Kerry won the All Ireland beating Galway in the final and 1942 Dublin won it the All Ireland, history to repeat itself in 2023?

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Wildweasel74

Mmh, I go for, Monaghan, no other reason than, they don't know when to lie down. Well of course if they don't give away silly goals.

seafoid

Paul Flynn of the 6 in a row team on the unpredictibility of semifinals in his experience.

https://www.rte.ie/sport/football/2023/0714/1394516-paul-flynns-weekend-football-predications/Dublin and Monaghan clash this weekend

Through my experience, I've learned the hard way that semi-finals throw up surprises. We learnt that in 2014 playing Donegal when we were favourites going in and we sucker-punched.