Monaghan v Dublin AI Semi Final 15 July 2023

Started by donelli, July 13, 2023, 05:07:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

straightred

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 16, 2023, 11:19:42 PM
Quote from: Main Street on July 16, 2023, 11:07:03 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 16, 2023, 10:58:06 PM
Give me one reason why he didn't call it if he seen it that way? What is it that he gains from not calling it?
He called it wrong, even an idiot ref on review should be able to see that, I can't speak for why he called it wrong.
BBC's ref in the video frame was also puzzled as to explain why he called it a foul.
Two easy scorable frees were awarded  to Dublin in that 1st half for non fouls.

So he called it wrong in the moment.. it happens. I'm sure had he a better view he'd say different. But these things happen.

But for some to blame home soil, pressure or it's Dublin is clutching, as I said earlier. Best just to get someone to ref it from the sofa, they'll do a better job
No, ref it properly from the pitch. Do your job. Be consistent. It's an AISF and it shouldn't be too much to ask for. On yesterday's display he shouldn't get another one

Milltown Row2

Quote from: straightred on July 16, 2023, 11:23:39 PM
Give me one reason why he didn't call it if he seen it that way? What is it that he gains from not calling it?
He called it wrong, even an idiot ref on review should be able to see that, I can't speak for why he called it wrong.
BBC's ref in the video frame was also puzzled as to explain why he called it a foul.

So he called it wrong in the moment.. it happens. I'm sure had he a better view he'd say different. But these things happen.

But for some to blame home soil, pressure or it's Dublin is clutching, as I said earlier. Best just to get someone to ref it from the sofa, they'll do a better job
No, ref it properly from the pitch. Do your job. Be consistent. It's an AISF and it shouldn't be too much to ask for. On yesterday's display he shouldn't get another one

So the Monaghan player that should have laid off the ball, he should have done his job, and the player that left Rock free as a bird at the end should have done his ffs.. in fairness those lads shouldn't get another opportunity to play for Monaghan again
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

straightred

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 16, 2023, 11:26:18 PM
Quote from: straightred on July 16, 2023, 11:23:39 PM

So the Monaghan player that should have laid off the ball, he should have done his job, and the player that left Rock free as a bird at the end should have done his ffs.. in fairness those lads should get another opportunity to play for Monaghan again
FFS. A ref's job is to apply the rules. That means apply them equally to both teams. He failed to do that yesterday. Seeing as you brought up the goal. Not that it mattered but there's another one for Hurson. He mysteriously failed to spot the 9 steps that Con took before he picked Rock out. The pressure got to him. It happens in all sports. The big names get the big decisions. He's not the first ref to fall victim ad he won't be the last

Milltown Row2

He's not watching replays, he's not watching it from the angle you're watching it, he's a split second to call it and make a decision, he's not there to make you happy or gives a stuff who wins. I asked you why would he not call it if he seen it?

You threw up some fairly daft responses, losers will always deflect and look for reasons to blame the inadequate failings of their team, human nature I suppose.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

straightred

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 16, 2023, 11:42:52 PM
He's not watching replays, he's not watching it from the angle you're watching it, he's a split second to call it and make a decision, he's not there to make you happy or gives a stuff who wins. I asked you why would he not call it if he seen it?

You threw up some fairly daft responses, losers will always deflect and look for reasons to blame the inadequate failings of their team, human nature I suppose.
I'm not even from Monaghan. I admire them. I'd like Dublin to win it now if only to see the older players get that 9th medal. Best team of my lifetime and unlikely to ever to bettered. That's not the point here though. I answered your question. The pressure of 50,000 off fans got to him. He give Dublin really soft frees that he didn't give to Monaghan. He shouldn't have but he did. I threw in the example of the goal only because you brought it up. It didn't matter result wise but it shouldn't have stood. A blind man could have seen that.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Rossfan on July 16, 2023, 11:54:35 PM
A Ref's view

https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/arid-41185039.html

Ffs put up a creditable ref, maybe one that's ref'd football ffs, and one that's not full of his own importance

Milltown Row2

Quote from: straightred on July 16, 2023, 11:57:10 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 16, 2023, 11:42:52 PM

I'm not even from Monaghan. I admire them. I'd like Dublin to win it now if only to see the older players get that 9th medal. Best team of my lifetime and unlikely to ever to bettered. That's not the point here though. I answered your question. The pressure of 50,000 off fans got to him. He give Dublin really soft frees that he didn't give to Monaghan. He shouldn't have but he did. I threw in the example of the goal only because you brought it up. It didn't matter result wise but it shouldn't have stood. A blind man could have seen that.

Was that his biggest attendance game ? I don't buy the pressure of 50,000 or doing games at Croke or Dublin. People view things as they see fit, what were the stats on fouls/advantages?

Rossfan

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 16, 2023, 11:57:55 PM
A Ref's view

Ffs put up a creditable ref, maybe one that's ref'd football ffs, and one that's not full of his own importance
He's only refereed at the highest level (or does Hurley stuff refereeing not count  ;D)

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Rossfan on July 17, 2023, 09:07:51 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 16, 2023, 11:57:55 PM
A Ref's view

He's only refereed at the highest level (or does Hurley stuff refereeing not count  ;D)

So is it two different sports or not? I know you wouldn't know a hurl if it smashed you in the face but come on

Rossfan

You jealous because no paper paying you to give a Ref's view.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Rossfan on July 17, 2023, 10:27:23 AM
You jealous because no paper paying you to give a Ref's view.

I'm good thanks, there's enough referee bashing going on, both through the media and on the pitch

From the Bunker

Wait until there is a shortage of Referees and then you'll appreciate what they give to the game.