Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Godsown

Quote from: Smurfy123 on April 26, 2019, 07:22:13 AM
Can't see it Cuan. The biggest draw of the first round is obviously Mayobridge and Burren but then again even if Mayobridge were to beat them they are back in. Time to bring back the straight knockout? If I were the county board I would take all games away from Newry until maybe the quarter finals. Imagine say Mayobridge and Burren played in hilltown on a Sunday. Or Saval and Clonduff in Mayobridge on a Friday night. Better atmosphere
Hard to beat the South Down clubs and venues Smurf. Class altogether . The rest of Down should just go away and leave the elite to it

Smurfy123

I have been critical of them on here but what a win for Ballyholland. Take a bow justy lynch and Damien McCrink. To go to Loughinisland and get a point and then to beat Kilcoo. Some win. What's going on in Kilcoo? Don't think Moran realised he was taking over an ageing team.

whitegoodman

Smurfy where you not saying a few weeks ago that no one would touch Kilcoo ??

Smurfy123

I did whitegoodman I did. I fell for the hype around Moran and co after what he done with SNeil but the more I look at his overall record it's not great. I'll hold my hands up yes I did say that

whitegoodman

It's too early to say about any team this year.  Some teams are further ahead than others in fitness and some care more about the league than others.

Some interesting results tonight all the same.

Square Ball

Bredagh were held to 1-4 to 0-0 at half time by Liatroim, they diddnt score in second half, we win, but anyone remember any other game where each team diddnt score in a half?
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

thewobbler

Division 1 is going to be very even this year.

Every team is big enough and well drilled enough to ensure that if they're motivated on the night, it will be close.

Pure experience, and sheer depth of talent, respectively will make Kilcoo and Burren favs for Frank again. But it's already got the look of the most open Down SFC since the mid nineties.

——

Great result for the Harps tonight and I'm delighted for Justin and Damian. Performances have been getting better each week. 5 teenagers started again tonight, and another one on after 10 mins. The Murphy cavalry is back in a fortnight too. Hopefully they'll have to play their way back into the team!

Smurfy123

Fair play to the Harps men tonight. Another pleasing thing from an outsider looking in this result is not plastered all over twitter as if yas won the championship. 5 teenagers starting against ulster league champions and come away with a win is some going. Lynch and McCrink settled in well.

CornUladh02

Quote from: Smurfy123 on April 26, 2019, 11:16:55 PM
Fair play to the Harps men tonight. Another pleasing thing from an outsider looking in this result is not plastered all over twitter as if yas won the championship. 5 teenagers starting against ulster league champions and come away with a win is some going. Lynch and McCrink settled in well.
Great win.
Ulster league champions..  ::)

whitegoodman

Quote from: thewobbler on April 26, 2019, 11:08:18 PM
Division 1 is going to be very even this year.

Every team is big enough and well drilled enough to ensure that if they're motivated on the night, it will be close.

Pure experience, and sheer depth of talent, respectively will make Kilcoo and Burren favs for Frank again. But it's already got the look of the most open Down SFC since the mid nineties.

——

Great result for the Harps tonight and I'm delighted for Justin and Damian. Performances have been getting better each week. 5 teenagers started again tonight, and another one on after 10 mins. The Murphy cavalry is back in a fortnight too. Hopefully they'll have to play their way back into the team!

I would be very surprised if it isn't kilcoo and Burren in the final again if they are kept apart.  If both are close to full strength they are ahead of the rest.  By a distance too.

Smurfy u have previously mentioned about Ulster league champions as if it means something.  I may be missing something but is the Ulster league not just glorified friendlies where it saves teams trying to organise matches during pre season ?

Smurfy123

Yes but the manner Kilcoo beat teams out the gate winning it then beating Downpatrick by 30 points. They deserve some credit for winning it. Can't see past the big 4 again for the semi finals
Burren
Kilcoo
CPN
Mayobridge

terrifictommy

Kilcoo are notorious at slow league campaigns? What sort of team had they out?
Saval and Glenn seem to be going tightly in Div2.

champion1981

Smurfy big 4 cpn really?? 🙈

Centre 3/4

Quote from: terrifictommy on April 27, 2019, 09:43:51 AM
Kilcoo are notorious at slow league campaigns? What sort of team had they out?
Saval and Glenn seem to be going tightly in Div2.
Is that the same Saval that Carryduff put 8-15 past?

terrifictommy

Well noted Centre. For whatever reason I thought they seemed to be better off than they actually are!