Parish/Club Eligibility Rules etc.

Started by independent, July 12, 2018, 05:07:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

independent

Hi lads, sorry to drag this up again...

I'm registered with a hurling club in Dublin (last played 2017). Back living in Laois permanently. If I wanted to play Football does it have to be for my parish club (they don't "really" play Football as far as I know) where my address is?

And would it be the same for hurling?

Thanks in advance!

High Fielder

Welcome to Loais. If you're any good, you can play for who you like. If you're mediocre, you may stay with the Parish

steven seagal

When you say 'back living in Laois', does that mean you lived here before and played for a club here?

If so, if you transferred out within the last two years, I think you have to transfer back to your original club. If you're gone longer than that, you can transfer back to whoever you like.

If you transfer to a hurling club that doesn't field any football team, you can apply to play football as an isolated player if there is no football on offer in the club/parish. That rule is fairly loosely applied, and there are many variables at play, for example - who you are, who your father is, who you're related to, are you any good, the mood in the room at any given county board meeting, the gulf stream, the polar ice caps, brexit, the french air traffic controllers strike, and of course, whether you prefer lyons or barrys tea.

I hope that sheds some light on the issue for you!

independent

Thanks!

I'll try find a football club for 2019 and take it from there. I'm 3 years registered with the hurling club in Dublin anyway.

BallyroanAbu

Hi

I don't understand what 3 years registered with Dublin Club pertains too, anyway you are eligible for an Inter County Transfer thus you could theoretically be playing football or hurling wherever you want in Laois in 10 days.  If your home club or the club where you have an address is a dual club unfortunately you will have to play both codes for that club.  There are ways round this however.  But there is nothing precluding you from transferring straight away. 

Unlaoised

Whos rob tyrell playing for this year
LAOIS ABÚ

Don Draper

independent

Quote from: BallyroanAbu link=topic=28740.msg1828490#msg1828490If your home club or the club where you have an address is a dual club unfortunately you will have to play both codes for that club.  There are ways round this however.  But there is nothing precluding you from transferring straight away.

Assume if it fields any football team at adult level it's a dual club?

BallyroanAbu

Yep but you could transfer to an exclusive football club and then get permission to hurl with your local club.  I.E Say transfer to Portarlington and get permission to hurl with the Harps.  But you could not transfer to the Harps and kick football with Portarlington as the Harps have a football team. 

independent

Think I got it! So you could transfer to Ballyroan to play football only but you couldn't play football with Ballyroan and hurling with Rathdowney because Rathdowney fields a football team and you'd therefore have to do both with Rathdowney?

BallyroanAbu

Yes , you could play football with Ballyroan as we have no hurling you can get permission to play with hurling with Rathdowney but you could not do the other way round as Rathdowney has a football team.  Ballyroan does not offer hurling.  Abbeyleix  do but they are a separate club.

Please note permission can only be given early in the year as are transfers within county.  An inter county transfer can be done anytime so if your doing above you transfer to Ballyroan now from your Dublin Club and then seek permission from Ballyroan and county board to hurl with your home club.

Please remember to do this the club must be exclusively one code or the other.

In the above example you would be a Ballyroan Club Member playing hurling with Rathdowney.  I would also speak to secretary of club you want to do this with. 

BallyroanAbu

Ballyroan are been used for explanation purposes. 

independent

Thanks Ballyroan very helpful! Only want to play football anyway so keeps it simple.

BallyroanAbu

Private Message me if you want any help.