Man sues Hermitage Golf Club for Lowering his Handicap

Started by DrinkingHarp, February 23, 2012, 01:09:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deiseach

Tubberman

Quote from: deiseach on July 27, 2012, 05:20:41 PM
I heard Anglo made him do it

Good for him - he won't have to pay his legal fees so.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

stew

The man could be mentally imbalanced, he is suing anyone that looks at him sideways and has destroyed his financial situation to the tune of a half million, that is madness and the fcukers that represented him should be ashamed of themselves, this was a case that was never going to be won and they milked him dry.

If he is not mental then hell slap it up him.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

heffo

Quote from: stew on July 31, 2012, 10:08:09 PM
The man could be mentally imbalanced, he is suing anyone that looks at him sideways and has destroyed his financial situation to the tune of a half million, that is madness and the fcukers that represented him should be ashamed of themselves, this was a case that was never going to be won and they milked him dry.

He represented himself

deiseach

Quote from: heffo on July 31, 2012, 10:09:14 PM
Quote from: stew on July 31, 2012, 10:08:09 PM

He represented himself

Yeah, the costs would be those incurred by Hermitage in defending the action.

I'd say something about him but he might sue the Discussion Board for two gagrillion euro

stew

If he represented himself he is feckin mental, how did he expect to win doing that?

The man cannot be well, he is nucking futs.

deiseach

Quote from: stew on July 31, 2012, 10:26:30 PM
If he represented himself he is feckin mental, how did he expect to win doing that?

Narcissism isn't a mental illness, it's a character flaw

stew

Quote from: deiseach on July 31, 2012, 10:30:19 PM
Quote from: stew on July 31, 2012, 10:26:30 PM

Narcissism isn't a mental illness, it's a character flaw
He is old and could be slipping upstairs, that is just as likely as him loving himself!

deiseach

Quote from: stew on July 31, 2012, 10:47:45 PM
He is old and could be slipping upstairs, that is just as likely as him loving himself!

Took me a second to get this, must be slipping upstairs ;)

Seriously, there doesn't seem to be any evidence that he's doting. I think you are saying that people shouldn't be allowed to waste the time of the courts with clearly idiotic cases like this, and I can sympathise with that. But if a man who is compos mentis wants his day in court and ignores all advise to the contrary, and you can be sure he went to several solicitors who laughed in his face, what can you do?

stew

Quote from: deiseach on July 31, 2012, 11:02:55 PM
Quote from: stew on July 31, 2012, 10:47:45 PM

Took me a second to get this, must be slipping upstairs ;)

Seriously, there doesn't seem to be any evidence that he's doting. I think you are saying that people shouldn't be allowed to waste the time of the courts with clearly idiotic cases like this, and I can sympathise with that. But if a man who is compos mentis wants his day in court and ignores all advise to the contrary, and you can be sure he went to several solicitors who laughed in his face, what can you do?

Could the Judge not have thrown this out as frivolous?

It is a disgrace that the golf Club ponied up $500,000 to defend themselves, Deiseach that was a good post.

It appears he is just a gold digger alright, feck him, I hope he loses the other ridiculous cases also.

Is he liable for court costs? will the club recoup any portion of the money they spent on this case? I hope so.

Bingo

You might be dismissing it but apparently he wasn't a mile away from winning the case (not sure what he'd have been awarded). Judge said that as the wording on which he was suing was detailed to him on his private login with his handicap details wasn't made public, he had no grounds for claiming that they ruined his reputation, accused him of cheating etc. It was a private matter between him and the handicap committee.

If it had been on a public noticeboard, could have been a different outcome in his favour.

deiseach

Quote from: Bingo on August 01, 2012, 02:07:27 PM
You might be dismissing it but apparently he wasn't a mile away from winning the case (not sure what he'd have been awarded). Judge said that as the wording on which he was suing was detailed to him on his private login with his handicap details wasn't made public, he had no grounds for claiming that they ruined his reputation, accused him of cheating etc. It was a private matter between him and the handicap committee.

If it had been on a public noticeboard, could have been a different outcome in his favour.

But it wasn't, and presumably it wasn't for a reason. The Devil's in the detail

Bingo

Quote from: deiseach on August 01, 2012, 02:24:37 PM

Yeah, thats very clear but shows that the man wasn't mad or it wasn't a frilovous case, the passing of the comment was down to the Judges interpetation, which he took some time to consider.

Bud Wiser

Quote from: deiseach on August 01, 2012, 02:24:37 PM

Deiseach is as cute as an ould fox.  In normal circumstances his handicap would be public if he is a member of the GUI or has a CONGU handicap and if you put your number in when you log in to www.howdidido.co.uk  you can select any club in Ireland or England, Scotland or Wales and see any players handicap. For example, I can log in to Ringdunferrin in Down and see everyones handicap. Strange that every club is listed EXCEPT Hermitage or Lucan and only for the fact that this is the only club I see missing from the list is what could have cost poor old Tom half a million. It is also fair to say that Tom brought more attention to his handicap than if he was hitting holes in one on all 18 holes every day for a month and he must have a fairly bad swing if he missed the wife and let her bring him to another court to take as much off him.  Gaaboard "Tom Talbot Fundraiser" golf classic anyone
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

orangeman

Would this man sponsor the next GAA BOARD outing or put a wee prize up ?

He seems a very decent sort who takes his golf very seriously, maybe a bit too seriously, allegedly ?

Not saying anything bad about him or anything.