Rory McIlroy

Started by Oraisteach, February 26, 2012, 06:13:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thewobbler

Quote from: armaghniac on October 04, 2012, 03:57:44 PM
As you say he does not give a damn. But we are all entitled to our opinions, and my opinion is that someone going out of their way to use flags associated with the killers of members of his family is not a person with good values.

And my opinion is that a lot of folks go out of their way to be offended.

"Associated with" my arse.

armaghniac

Quote"Associated with" my arse.

NI does not have a flag, political factions have flags, those political factions who approve of force having been used to make Ulster British.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

bannside

Nows heres a possible solution to all of this nonsense.

Ulster GUI (golfing union of Ireland) - like rugby, boxing, swimming etc all fly the PROVINCIAL flag of Ulster. Wouldnt that keep everyone happy?

Milltown Row2

As you say he does not give a damn. But we are all entitled to our opinions, and my opinion is that someone going out of their way to use flags associated with the killers of members of his family is not a person with good values.

So what about people who associate the tri colour to killers of their families? If he wore that will he offend other people? And do you really think he is thinking that this flag means he is a fan of things you say the flag means? Honestly, wise up, stop spouting crap and live your life without worry about fooking flegs whether they are real flags or not :o

Possibly Bannside but you'll get some dicks out there who wouldn't be
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

armaghniac

QuoteUlster GUI (golfing union of Ireland) - like rugby, boxing, swimming etc all fly the PROVINCIAL flag of Ulster. Wouldnt that keep everyone happy?

Perfectly reasonable idea. Which makes the choice not to do it all the more evidence of an agenda.

QuoteSo what about people who associate the tri colour to killers of their families?

People will always make unreasonable associations. The tricolour is the flag of all the Irish people and does not belong to the IRA.

QuoteAnd do you really think he is thinking that this flag means he is a fan of things you say the flag means?

Of course he is. If I roll up with a 1990 South African flag or a 1935 German flag I am making a statement, and it is not just that I am South African or German.

Olaf

He certainly put a stop to   Keegan Bradley's incessant attempts to encourage  the USAans to wave their flegs by stuffing him. .

Ole , Ole , Ole , Ole

thewobbler

Quote from: armaghniac on October 04, 2012, 04:08:57 PM
Quote"Associated with" my arse.

NI does not have a flag, political factions have flags, those political factions who approve of force having been used to make Ulster British.

I'd love to see your rules for what makes a flag a valid flag.

By the way, when I say "love", it's in an ironical sense. I don't want to know at all. 

LeoMc

Quote from: armaghniac on October 04, 2012, 04:22:40 PM
QuoteUlster GUI (golfing union of Ireland) - like rugby, boxing, swimming etc all fly the PROVINCIAL flag of Ulster. Wouldnt that keep everyone happy?

Perfectly reasonable idea. Which makes the choice not to do it all the more evidence of an agenda.

QuoteSo what about people who associate the tri colour to killers of their families?

People will always make unreasonable associations. The tricolour is the flag of all the Irish people and does not belong to the IRA.

QuoteAnd do you really think he is thinking that this flag means he is a fan of things you say the flag means?

Of course he is. If I roll up with a 1990 South African flag or a 1935 German flag I am making a statement, and it is not just that I am South African or German.
;)

Puckoon

my opinion is that someone going out of their way to use flags associated with the killers of members of his family is not a person with good values.

Evidence, please.

QuotePeople will always make unreasonable associations.

QuoteQuote
And do you really think he is thinking that this flag means he is a fan of things you say the flag means?
Of course he is

Hung with your own rope.

thebigfella

I wish there was a ban list for the internet, I'd certainly be nominating you for inclusion.

nifan

The NI flag doesnt belong to terrorist organisation, whether it has legal status is neither here nor there. People who consider themselves northern irish associate with it.

The importance of legal status seems to vary wildly with some people.

Hardy

There is absolutely no hope. It's sad to see the ageing generation set in their bunkers and unable to learn the lessons of the history they've lived through. But it is absolutely desperate, and I use the word carefully, to see so many of the next generation here, not only mired, but revelling in the same cess that brought previous generations to the edge of perdition.

armaghniac

QuoteI wish there was a ban list for the internet, I'd certainly be nominating you for inclusion.

So if I believe that it would have been less divisive if Rory McIlroy had used an Ulster flag instead of a NI one, then I should be banned from the Internet. One suspects that the Internet would have many bans if such an opinion warrants censorship. The intolerance of some people is mind boggling.

Puckoon

An Ulster flag would have been a stranger choice, what exactly would that have proven? EDIT: Assuming we are going to indulge the notion that he is in fact trying to prove something and/or make a point.

He is entitled to believe he is from Northern Ireland. I watched Liam Neeson interviewed on Monday and he was asked where he was from and he said Ballymena, County  Antrim, Northern Ireland.

No one is entitled to tell him otherwise.

nifan

Quote from: Puckoon on October 04, 2012, 05:41:31 PM
An Ulster flag would have been a stranger choice, what exactly would that have proven?

provinces have no legal status in Ireland, and the provincial flags have no legal status either - its a massive political statement to use one obviously?