Rory McIlroy

Started by Oraisteach, February 26, 2012, 06:13:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tommysmith

Quote from: ziggysego on October 02, 2012, 02:51:39 PM
Quote from: rosnarun on October 02, 2012, 02:13:47 PM
its pretty simple in sport you choose what side your on and people from that side support you . politics is only confusing the matter .
no one cheered when Nick Faldo or colin mountgomerie won Majors as they played for england So if Rory wants to play for england in the olympics then good luck to him but don't expect irish support .
just like if steven gerrard signed for Man UTD   how many lifelong Steven Gerrard/liverpool fans would still cheer him

I cheered on the NI ones that opted for Team GB in the Olympics past and a few of the Team GB contributers from Britain.

Fair play so did i .

Milltown Row2

Quote from: tommysmith on October 02, 2012, 03:05:53 PM
its pretty simple in sport you choose what side your on and people from that side support you . politics is only confusing the matter .
no one cheered when Nick Faldo or colin mountgomerie won Majors as they played for england So if Rory wants to play for england in the olympics then good luck to him but don't expect irish support .
just like if steven gerrard signed for Man UTD   how many lifelong Steven Gerrard/liverpool fans would still cheer him

I cheered on the NI ones that opted for Team GB in the Olympics past and a few of the Team GB contributers from Britain.

Fair play so did i .

This is crazy, why does it always come down to flags/race/colour/identity? I thought we judge people (sport) on other things like their skill, their personality. Always (well in this shit hole) comes down to prod or taig. I'm sure Rory doesn't give a fook what people (on here) really think about him. If other people want to 'claim' him then go ahead.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ziggysego

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 02, 2012, 04:19:26 PM

Fair play so did i .

This is crazy, why does it always come down to flags/race/colour/identity? I thought we judge people (sport) on other things like their skill, their personality. Always (well in this shit hole) comes down to prod or taig. I'm sure Rory doesn't give a fook what people (on here) really think about him. If other people want to 'claim' him then go ahead.

None of the posts you quoted said anything different.
Testing Accessibility

seafoid

Fair play so did i .

Faldo was a different case. I know someone whose dad used to refer to him as TCF. That c*** Faldo
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

trileacman

I didn't cheer on any of the northerners who opted for team GB but I didn't follow any of the sports they were in. That said I wouldn't have wished to see them lose just because they declared for "them-ums".
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

trileacman

Quote from: seafoid on October 02, 2012, 05:09:38 PM

Fair play so did i .

Faldo was a different case. I know someone whose dad used to refer to him as TCF. That c*** Faldo

Yeah, he's a bollix.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Orior

Quote from: Take Your Points on October 02, 2012, 07:09:55 PM
Getting back to Rory......

Just watching the celebrations after the Ryder Cup win it was noticeable that Rory seemed to be on the outside always running around the outside of celebrating groups with no one taking any notice of him. He was like the unpopular child in the class that no one wanted in their gang or to be picked for the team. G-Mac on the other hand seemed to be a much more popular person with his fellow golfers.

That struck me at one point too. Maybe it is just his age - the others have been buddies for many years before boy wonder came along?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Orior on October 02, 2012, 08:38:57 PM

Just watching the celebrations after the Ryder Cup win it was noticeable that Rory seemed to be on the outside always running around the outside of celebrating groups with no one taking any notice of him. He was like the unpopular child in the class that no one wanted in their gang or to be picked for the team. G-Mac on the other hand seemed to be a much more popular person with his fellow golfers.

That struck me at one point too. Maybe it is just his age - the others have been buddies for many years before boy wonder came along?

Noticed that also, though in fairness he gets on well with GMAC and he still is very young, Woods came over to him afterwards and had a bitta of a chat with him so he can't be all bad :o
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

fitzroyalty

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 02, 2012, 08:41:41 PM
Quote from: Orior on October 02, 2012, 08:38:57 PM

Noticed that also, though in fairness he gets on well with GMAC and he still is very young, Woods came over to him afterwards and had a bitta of a chat with him so he can't be all bad :o
He was probably telling him what he was going to do to his gf once he got his hands on her.

here comes 6

Once a p***k always a p***k

LeoMc

Maybe because G Mac is old enough to buy a round over there, no ones wanted to be with Rory for the evening in case he got carded or the cops came back for him.

Applesisapples

Quote from: Orior on October 02, 2012, 12:17:59 PM
A good measure is this (and if you are old enough). How would you feel if Rory was your son?

I think he is quite simply the best ambassador that Irish golf has ever had. We will see whether he can reach the heights of Jack Nicholas.
You mean British golf?

Applesisapples

Quote from: Hardy on October 02, 2012, 02:32:37 PM
Quote from: Bingo on October 02, 2012, 02:30:43 PM
I cheered on Barry McGuigan and even he didn't know where he was from  ;)

Ha Ha!
It's gas the way the BBC has forgotton that McGuigan was from Monaghan.

Applesisapples

McIlroy can't fail to know and understand what the "Ulster Flag" means and signifys to nationalists. it is the flag of choice of loyalist death gangs, one of which killed his uncle. So when he wraps himself in it he would also understand that many nationalists and republicans see it as him firmly nailing his colours to the mast. McGuigan wisely avoided flags.

ziggysego

Quote from: Applesisapples on October 03, 2012, 01:40:38 PM
Quote from: Orior on October 02, 2012, 12:17:59 PM
A good measure is this (and if you are old enough). How would you feel if Rory was your son?

I think he is quite simply the best ambassador that Irish golf has ever had. We will see whether he can reach the heights of Jack Nicholas.
You mean British golf?

Na, Irish golf. He hasn't switched to Team GB... yet.
Testing Accessibility