Rory McIlroy

Started by Oraisteach, February 26, 2012, 06:13:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NetNitrate

Quote from: ballinaman on October 02, 2012, 12:31:33 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on October 02, 2012, 12:12:57 PM
Rory Mc Ilroy's maternal uncle was a prominent Armagh GAA star in the early 80s.Regarding flags etc in this neck of the woods,if you're a sports star you do what you have to do to suit th occasion (didn't Rangers fan Darren Clarke wrap himself in an Irish Tricolour at the end of the Ryder Cup at K Club in 2006?).
Under the orange section.....

Do we know if Rory was covered more by the Gaelic, Norman, or British elements of that outlawed NI flag? Bloody invaders. I hate them all.

5 Sams

Quote from: Declan on October 02, 2012, 08:47:09 AM
I was thinking 5 Sams was a bot harsh alright and then I saw the time of his posting ;)
QuoteReply #91 on: Today at 12:43:50 AM

Nah totally sober Dec. Watching the celebrations last night on Sky + and he just came acrosss as a "bot" of a knob.
The Aristocrat Years

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

rosnarun

its pretty simple in sport you choose what side your on and people from that side support you . politics is only confusing the matter .
no one cheered when Nick Faldo or colin mountgomerie won Majors as they played for england So if Rory wants to play for england in the olympics then good luck to him but don't expect irish support .
just like if steven gerrard signed for Man UTD   how many lifelong Steven Gerrard/liverpool fans would still cheer him
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

laoislad

Quote from: rosnarun on October 02, 2012, 02:13:47 PM
its pretty simple in sport you choose what side your on and people from that side support you . politics is only confusing the matter .
no one cheered when Nick Faldo or colin mountgomerie won Majors as they played for england So if Rory wants to play for england in the olympics then good luck to him but don't expect irish support .
just like if steven gerrard signed for Man UTD   how many lifelong Steven Gerrard/liverpool fans would still cheer him

No one cheered when Monty won a major because Monty never won a major.
And he is Scottish not English.
And there is no England in the Olympics it's Team GB.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Bingo

Quote from: laoislad on October 02, 2012, 02:16:12 PM

In fairness thats a good come back.

EC and Under the bra will be along in a minute to comment on the last comment, something along the lines of "Why would Man United sign Stevie Me, he is shit!"

LeoMc

I cheered on Conlan, Barnes and the Chambers brothers because of where they were from not because of who give them the best opportunity to compete. McIlroy & GMac will get the same consideration.

AZOffaly

If you are a NI fan, did you not cheer Lawrie Sanchez or Maik Taylor when they played for NI? On the basis of 'where they were from'. Or if you are an ROI supporter, do you not cheer on the British born lads?

tommysmith

Quote from: LeoMc on October 02, 2012, 02:20:17 PM

I cheered on Conlan, Barnes and the Chambers brothers because of where they were from
not because of who give them the best opportunity to compete. McIlroy & GMac will get the same consideration.

Good man and thats the way it should.

tommysmith

Quote from: AZOffaly on October 02, 2012, 02:26:40 PM
If you are a NI fan, did you not cheer Lawrie Sanchez or Maik Taylor when they played for NI? On the basis of 'where they were from'. Or if you are an ROI supporter, do you not cheer on the British born lads?

I dont think thats the point he is making.

Bingo

I cheered on Barry McGuigan and even he didn't know where he was from  ;)

Hardy

Quote from: Bingo on October 02, 2012, 02:30:43 PM
I cheered on Barry McGuigan and even he didn't know where he was from  ;)

Ha Ha!

LeoMc

Quote from: AZOffaly on October 02, 2012, 02:26:40 PM

Where did I mention anything about withholding support from anyone? ???

If I go to the Pub because its Arthurs day does not mean I wont go when its not Arthurs day.

AZOffaly

Sorry, I thought you said you support them lads because of where they come from. I inferred from that that you wouldn't support lads who weren;t from there. My mistake, poor assumption.

ziggysego

I cheered on the NI ones that opted for Team GB in the Olympics past and a few of the Team GB contributers from Britain.
Testing Accessibility