Signed Dublin all Ireland winners jersey for charity

Started by Tlk0104, July 28, 2012, 06:43:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tlk0104

Hi guys

I'm new to these forums, and to be honest not even a follower of gaelic sports

I am carrying out some charity fundraising for the baby intensive care unit in the Belfast royal hospital

My baby boy was cared for by the staff there when he was starved of oxygen at birth!

Harry had to have an MRI scan but as the hospital don't have a dedicated scanner for babies he had to go to another hospital, so I'm tryin to raise a bit of money to say thank you for the care he received!

I have been given a players signed Dublin jersey by the all Ireland champions by Pat Gilroy who is the managing director of the company I work for!

I'm going to put it up for auction on eBay, and I'd like permission to advertise it on these forums

Thanks

TLK0104

jodyb

Not sure what the rules are Tlk0104. You should PM Gaaboardmod3, the Global Moderator. Either way, the best of luck with your endeavours. Hope your wee man is doing well.

sammymaguire

Hope you are allowed to go ahead, great gesture.
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Sandy Hill

All the very best with your fundraiser TIK0104 and best wishes for your son.
"Stercus accidit"

mylestheslasher

Sure stick the link up here, who is going to ask you to take it down when's it is for such a good cause! Good luck with it.

laoislad

Best of luck to your son Tik0104.
Fairly use to childrens hospitals myself these days so fair play to you for what you're doing.
Just thinking though you might be better waiting till the All Ireland is over this year as if Dublin win it again the jersey would be worth a bit more.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

mylestheslasher

You might be better stating away from eBay too. If you could get talking to a club in Dublin and see would they auction it at their dinner dance I'd say you might get a better price. EBay is hit and miss.

Tlk0104

Here is the link in case anyone is interested

Look at this on eBay:

Charity Auction - Signed Dublin GAA shirt player issue

http://bit.ly/OzhR9C

Thank you and good luck

heffo

Best of luck with it - if you want to pm me some details I'll stick it up on our club Facebook page