Wicklow Tread

Started by wicklaman, December 21, 2006, 02:12:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Onlooker

Just asking - How often have Kerry beaten Down in a Championship match.

Mike Sheehy

Lets face it, Down only win AI when Kerry are at their weakest...christ almighty, what age were Spillane and Jacko in `91 ?
They must have been about 45 !

Micko is a legend and can only do good for Wickliow football.
Its a pity the petty begrudgers have to have a go everytime there is an article about him.
Their envy is transparent.

highking

Wicklaman,

I would be grateful if you could give me a hand with this question from a quiz.

46) The Wicklow senior camogie champions for 2006 boasted two different sets of sisters and two first cousins. Name the club?

Thanks in advance.

Highking

highking

thanks sludden,

Nearly finished this hogantand quiz now. Some seriously funny q's in it.

realredhandfan

Everywhere you look in Ireland now theres a cute Kerry man on the make, managing teams of all colours and creeds promising their new employers that they have bottled the Kerry vava voom and will sprinkle it over their 40 odd clubs and achieve unfathomable success.  Having been the only Kerry man to achieve victory over Tyrone I give Dwyer lots of credit as being cuter than the rest.  However I have a problem with Kerry men having a go at Down men.  Pete Mc Grath won 2 all irelands in a committed management career with down and never went back looking his worth off the weaker counties in Ireland. 

The travelling mercenaries of Kerry are coming.  The good times are upon us.  Praise be to the Lord and his industry that doth pays the Kerrymans wage for his honest endeavour. [/color]

dodo

Another win for the garden county today, beat the model county by 2 points.

Think they're to play the winners of tomorrows Dublin vs Westmeath game.

Fair play to the Micko !

Mike Sheehy

QuoteHowever I have a problem with Kerry men having a go at Down men.  Pete Mc Grath won 2 all irelands in a committed management career with down and never went back looking his worth off the weaker counties in Ireland

..being patronized by a Tyroneman...things cant get much worse !

Sandy Hill

QuoteQuote

Micko is a legend.............

............. in his own mind!
"Stercus accidit"

Mike Sheehy

He is a legend in the mind of all Kerrymen with AI wins allong with Leinster Titles for Laois and Kildare to back up the "hype"

In contrast,  think about all the hype that surrounded Joe Kernan with his one AI....so if you want to find hype Sandy hill look in your own back yard.

Puckoon

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on September 21, 2007, 12:32:12 AM
He is a legend in the mind of all Kerrymen with AI wins allong with Leinster Titles for Laois and Kildare to back up the "hype"

In contrast,  think about all the hype that surrounded Joe Kernan with his one AI....so if you want to find hype Sandy hill look in your own back yard.

Ive read your posts for a while now, and you enjoy stiring the shite. How about this for an observation. When Joe took over armagh, they had as much (or as little potential) as laois and kildare when micko took their reins. He however, turned that armagh side into All Ireland winners, and All Ireland runners up in successive years. So I wouldnt call that hype. Infact, there was/is little or no hype surrounding Joe Kernan. And this is the opinion of a tyrone man. You strike me as the kind of irish man that hates everybody Mike Sheehy - including yourself. You've just won another all ireland (well done) and yet here you are wallowing in negative threads.

stephenite

With both club and county Joe Kernan has proved himself IMO

Frank Casey

Quote from: Puckoon on September 21, 2007, 03:18:45 AM
Quote from: Mike Sheehy on September 21, 2007, 12:32:12 AM

Ive read your posts for a while now, and you enjoy stiring the shite. How about this for an observation. When Joe took over armagh, they had as much (or as little potential) as laois and kildare when micko took their reins. He however, turned that armagh side into All Ireland winners, and All Ireland runners up in successive years. So I wouldnt call that hype. Infact, there was/is little or no hype surrounding Joe Kernan. And this is the opinion of a tyrone man. You strike me as the kind of irish man that hates everybody Mike Sheehy - including yourself. You've just won another all ireland (well done) and yet here you are wallowing in negative threads.

Puckoon - no one should take from what Joe has done especially at half time in the 2002 final. However what Micko has achieved over a 30+ year management career is simply legendary. He may not have taken Kildare or Laois to an AI title but the achieved more under him than in generations. Getting a Wicklow side a piece of silverware for the mantlepiece is IMO and even greater achievement. And from a pensioner. Hes some man for one man.
KERRY 3:7

Mike Sheehy

QuoteIve read your posts for a while now, and you enjoy stiring the shite. How about this for an observation. When Joe took over armagh, they had as much (or as little potential) as laois and kildare when micko took their reins. He however, turned that armagh side into All Ireland winners, and All Ireland runners up in successive years. So I wouldnt call that hype. Infact, there was/is little or no hype surrounding Joe Kernan. And this is the opinion of a tyrone man. You strike me as the kind of irish man that hates everybody Mike Sheehy - including yourself. You've just won another all ireland (well done) and yet here you are wallowing in negative threads.

read the thread and see where it turned negative ? Did I initiate it ?

Why didnt you defend Mick O'Dwyer against the snide comments made against him in this thread ?

The Real Laoislad

Laois will always be gratefull to Micko,We went from a team in '02 who were knocked out of the All Ireland by Meath by 14 points to winning Leinster the following year beating Dublin along the way and with a bit more self belief and good luck that year we could have beaten Armagh in the 1/4 Finals
Right we are gone down a rung or two on the ladder in the last couple of years but compared to the state we were in pre-2003 it's not too bad.
Micko started all that in Laois and laid the foundations for hopefully will be a succesfull period for Laois in the coming years
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Kerry Mike

1 Man  4 Counties, The Legend.

2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football