new too football

Started by youngfella, May 29, 2008, 05:34:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

youngfella

Hello,

Ive played hurling for years and years an i love it.  I last played football when i was about 10, im now a brave bit older. Im going to a session tonight, What can i expect? Have the rules changed any?
Pull hard and early

BallyhaiseMan

dont worry about going for the ball, just start thumping the nearest opposition player to you. Yes even at Training.

youngfella

Thats what Dublin do sure ;D must be right
Pull hard and early

rattle-the-net

the modern game is all about support play...wrk your socks of to help when you have the ball and twice as hard wen you have to win it bk!!!

youngfella

ooo god, ill be in some shape then.
Pull hard and early

Gold

"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

youngfella

Terrible, im wild unfit. God its wild phyiscal i near had my head ripped off. I need to beef up
Pull hard and early

Uladh

You'll get better as you go O'Neill

youngfella

about to head to the next session, prayin its not a physical one
Pull hard and early

AbbeySider

LOL this has to be a piss take!

Surreal Steve

turn this into a blog ftw, would be immense.

youngfella

Not a piss mate, The training session the other was deadly im still feeling it. I have my first game to night, a junior match against some manchester team, not looking forward to it.Ill let you not how in get on. How do ya hand tow a ball on the weak foot? Am wild bad at that
Pull hard and early

Maximus Marillius

Do it without the ball first, run without the ball and pretend you have one and hand toe, keep doing it and doing it for five minutses without the ball then introduce the ball, it will make it easier. It will not work immdiately but it will eventually. Well thats how my da showed me. Its my fault I was crap.