Dublin v Kerry all ireland SF

Started by anportmorforjfc, August 12, 2007, 03:35:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyrones own

Na, just what i have to keep shovelling back everytime you post :-*
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

ONeill

Something rather sad about Kerry's tactics of kicking the ball as long, high and hard as they can from the half-back/midfield area in sheer hope, devoid of all skill. That's what I call puke football, scouring the basketball courts to find a fella to stand on the edge of the box.

Hard luck Farney. You could see in McEnaney's eyes afterwards the absolute disappointment. I do believe they were convinced they could win the All-Ireland.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Tankie

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on August 12, 2007, 11:02:45 PM
Quote from: Tyrones own on August 12, 2007, 11:00:12 PM

Ahem.......  Mikey i don't think its just the Dubs and the "nordies" that
  want to see Kerry get their shite home with them in a bag :-*

Speak for yourself..I'll be a Kerry man for the day when they play Dublin

I'd say you'd cheers for England before you's cheer for Dublin ;) but i suppose you've got your english club crest up now so back to the barstool for you. Incase you missed it today when you were watching the UTD game, Limerick won today!
Grand Slam Saturday!

The Real Laoislad

I was actually at Croke Park today
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Hound

Feckin hell, on the Sunday Game tonight both Tohill and McStay tipped Dublin to beat Kerry. Spillane could only barely contain his laughter! (They both tipped Meath also).

I was sure we'd go in as heavy underdogs, be very interesting to see how the bookies call it. I don't know any Dub who'd be confident of beating Kerry. Its 6 or 7 times in a row they've knocked us out of the championship, since our last championship victory over them in 1977. Maybe being a semi-final will bring us luck!

I find it very hard to be confident of winning Sam - but maybe the other 3 teams have more weaknesses. Still, if Kerry can match our hunger, then you'd have to fancy Kerry.  And you can be damned sure that whoever wins the first semi-final will be praying the Dubs win the second semi! Can't wait  ;D

ONeill

Twill be some occasion. I fancy the Dubs. Kerry have shown nowt this year, in their 3 games.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Bogball XV

Tankie

If Dublin were not Dublin they would be clear fav's but we all know how Dublin can blow anything, i do believe the only reason Dublin will lose will be because we will throw it away. Which i expect them to do!
Grand Slam Saturday!

Mike Sheehy

QuoteSomething rather sad about Kerry's tactics of kicking the ball as long, high and hard as they can from the half-back/midfield area in sheer hope, devoid of all skill. That's what I call puke football, scouring the basketball courts to find a fella to stand on the edge of the box.

Well, I suppose you couldnt find anyone like that in the land of the midgets so the best you could come up with was 15 talentless robots running after the ball in swarms.

Like Pat Spillane would say,  thank god we saved football from heathens like Tyrone.

Barney

Pat O'Shea will be happy that Kerry scraped a win played terribly but getting a tough physical challenge. They should be better prepared for Dublin now.

If the next game comes down to football ability alone Kerry will win in a canter. It won't. The Dubs should have the edge in power, pace and hunger. It will be close.

Can Alan Brogan turn it on? He has had a poor season by his standards to date?

Will Keaney be able to exploit the Kerry full-back line or can the Kingdom improve on yesterdays showing?

Will Kerry leave the half-forward line intact - Brosnan and Galvin have been subbed the last two games. Will it be strong enough to deal with Dublin's strongest line or can Brosnan's running hit Cullen where he is weakest?

Will McConnell be exposed again?

Dublin have a strong settled midfield. Will Dara O Se bully Whelo, and will he have an able deputy alongside him?

Can Kerry vary their play?

Is Pat O'Shea a convincing manager?

The answers to the above will go a long way to deciding who will win. For me, and from bad experience, it is dangerous to back against Kerry.

A Munster Final repeat on the third Sunday in September - Kerry v Cork.

his holiness nb

Kerry by 8 points, we have no chance.
Ask me holy bollix

Pangurban

It will not be a case of Kerry winning, more a case of Dublin losing, like all over-hyped teams they lack the stomach for a battle and tend to fold quickly under pressure. They have the ability to destroy Kerry and the attitude to destroy themselves

MauriceMalpas

Fancy Kerry by about 5 if they start Tommy "Two Litre" and bring in O'Sullivan for Eoin Brosnan. Brogan v Marc O'Se will be a massive battle assuming they pair up. If Mike Mac was still with us I wouldnt lose any sleep at all but this, unfortunately is not the case. Who was the 3rd inside forward the Jackeen's started with the other day?? Will Jayo be brought in again?

Tankie

i fancy Kerry solely on the basis that they can score alot of goals against use, wouldnt be suprised if be let in 3 goals! :'(
Grand Slam Saturday!

johnpower

Quote from: Tankie on August 13, 2007, 09:24:01 PM
i fancy Kerry solely on the basis that they can score alot of goals against use, wouldnt be suprised if be let in 3 goals! :'(

I see you boys are getting the hang of the cute hoorism . I did not see the Derry match so I wont comment until I see it . Both full back lines look shakey . Still by the time the media hype it up we will all be in a state