NFL Division Three 2024

Started by Blowitupref, January 16, 2023, 08:24:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shamrock Shore

Longford will probably be missing the O'Byrne Cup captain for Sunday.

Barry O'Farrell's Dad died on Tuesday.
RIP

Look-Up!

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on February 02, 2023, 09:55:27 AM
Longford will probably be missing the O'Byrne Cup captain for Sunday.

Barry O'Farrell's Dad died on Tuesday.
RIP
RIP

Look-Up!

Onto the games this weekend, some of the games look pretty clear cut going by the bookies.

Down massive favourites v Antrim 1/8
Cavan strong favourites v Tipp 1/5
WMeath away to Longford 4/7
Offaly home to Fermanagh 4/7

Down v Antrim: Hard to argue with routine win for Down
Cavan v Tipp: While Cavan have yet to fire upfront, should still have plenty for a Tipp team without their star player.
Longford v WMeath: Early days yet but huge pressure on both teams in this local derby after a very bad showing in R1. I'm finding it hard to call. Draw.
Offaly v Fermanagh: I've called out Offaly from the start to go well this year so I'll stick with them but this will be a huge test of their credentials. Fermanagh very impressive first day out. Always defensively tough and scored well against the tipped Slashers. Great opportunity for either team to top the table and for the gambler the Ernemen offer value. Draw at 15/2 also chancy in accumulator.

downtothecore

Routine win for Down.... Antrim beat Down last year in Newry. We one our first league game last week since june 2021 so we dont do routine wins.

Shamrock Shore

Quote from: Look-Up! on February 03, 2023, 01:11:09 PM
Onto the games this weekend, some of the games look pretty clear cut going by the bookies.

Cavan v Tipp: While Cavan have yet to fire upfront, should still have plenty for a Tipp team without their star player.
Longford v WMeath: Early days yet but huge pressure on both teams in this local derby after a very bad showing in R1. I'm finding it hard to call. Draw.
Offaly v Fermanagh: I've called out Offaly from the start to go well this year so I'll stick with them but this will be a huge test of their credentials. Fermanagh very impressive first day out. Always defensively tough and scored well against the tipped Slashers. Great opportunity for either team to top the table and for the gambler the Ernemen offer value. Draw at 15/2 also chancy in accumulator.

No No and Thrice No. We are not the Slashers.

Fermanagh will beat Offaly I think. Other than that I agree with the calls.

rodney trotter

What's the main reason for backing Offaly to go up? They have a good manager in Kearns and won the All Ireland U20 title 2 years ago but they have lost some experienced players since last year. Niall McNamee and their captain Johnny Maloney.

They don't have any standout backs.

seafoid

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on February 03, 2023, 01:52:49 PM

No No and Thrice No. We are not the Slashers.

Fermanagh will beat Offaly I think. Other than that I agree with the calls.
Longford are not the slashers but will they be able to turn on the afterburners on Sunday or will it be nul points again and a spin in the relegation vortex ?
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Itchy

Quote from: downtothecore on February 03, 2023, 01:15:31 PM
Routine win for Down.... Antrim beat Down last year in Newry. We one our first league game last week since june 2021 so we dont do routine wins.

Antrim seem to be particularly poor this year, Down will have to beat themselves to lose that one

Look-Up!

Quote from: rodney trotter on February 03, 2023, 01:59:54 PM

What's the main reason for backing Offaly to go up? They have a good manager in Kearns and won the All Ireland U20 title 2 years ago but they have lost some experienced players since last year. Niall McNamee and their captain Johnny Maloney.

They don't have any standout backs.
Yeah basically it, I thinks Kearns is an excellent appointment plus they have generally been a steady D3 team of late with some D2 experience. I think they lacked in physicality last year but the extra year might help. Game against Fermanagh will be tough and an indication if they are ready to step up or need a year or two.

imtommygunn

Interesting game that one. There's something about Donnelly that I think will make a good manager. I wouldn't be surprised if Fermanagh win that one.

The rest look clear cut enough bar the midlands derby. At the minute I'd have Longford / Antrim as the weaker teams though but derbies can do strange things.

ardtole

If you are looking a bit of value on the Down game, PP have Down @ 4/6 to score the 1st goal. Scored 2 v Tipp and hit the crossbar last week.

ardtole

The Tipp v Cavan game will be interesting from a Down point of view. Tipp were very poor in the 1st half last week, but improved significantly in the 2nd half.

Cavan with home advantage would be expected to win, if they blow Tipp away you would expect them to be favourites to go up. If Tipp play like they did in the 2nd half last week they could make things awkward for Cavan.

Itchy

Quote from: ardtole on February 03, 2023, 08:12:57 PM
The Tipp v Cavan game will be interesting from a Down point of view. Tipp were very poor in the 1st half last week, but improved significantly in the 2nd half.

Cavan with home advantage would be expected to win, if they blow Tipp away you would expect them to be favourites to go up. If Tipp play like they did in the 2nd half last week they could make things awkward for Cavan.

Cavan 1/5 with Paddy Power, crazy price.

Westside

PP have the handicap in the Cavan game at 5 points. Seems huge.

grounded

Hard to see any real value in those odds. You've a feeling of a draw there in somewhere either offaly/fermanagh or westmeath/longford.   15/2

Can also see Cavan beating that handicap.
Down are only getting back to slightly better times so not getting carried away.