Ulster club championship

Started by charlieTully, October 30, 2022, 10:45:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 07, 2022, 10:26:17 PM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on December 07, 2022, 09:04:02 PM
Milltown, it's very obvious from posts on here and the past on the Derry county team you got a problem with the county in general.

As saffron said I'm just arguing for the sake of it, if you take it too seriously give your head a wobble

And fear, get back in that box again

Lol. Like a wee jack in the box

Truth hurts

Kilcoo have better forwards and are better at the darker arts, Get a few quid on them

themac_23

Quote from: grounded on December 07, 2022, 07:38:26 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 07, 2022, 07:22:17 PM
Quote from: grounded on December 07, 2022, 06:47:33 PM
Glen missed a bagful of chances against Cargin. They have the best midfield left in the competition and in Glass, probably the best player. They could strangle the life out of the Kilcoo attack. McFaul is a huge miss for them though so that equals things out a little. I still think Glen will just about win this.

they could have done all that last year too? Was McFaul playing last year?

They had Kilcoo beat in that game but for the keepers mistake. McFaul played centre half back and scored a point and was instrumental in a few other scores.

McFaul is quality, would be some craic if he rocked up on Sunday....

Milltown Row2

Quote from: themac_23 on December 08, 2022, 09:13:32 AM
Glen missed a bagful of chances against Cargin. They have the best midfield left in the competition and in Glass, probably the best player. They could strangle the life out of the Kilcoo attack. McFaul is a huge miss for them though so that equals things out a little. I still think Glen will just about win this.

They had Kilcoo beat in that game but for the keepers mistake. McFaul played centre half back and scored a point and was instrumental in a few other scores.

I'm sure if he's fit enough he'll start, but if he's half fit Kilcoo would kill him for pace...

I've ref'd them once, all wiry as feck but fast, real pace up and down the pitch, and fighters too, was only a challenge match but they don't like to lose a tackle never mind a game, different styles both teams, while I fancy Kilcoo, it wouldn't be a surprise if Glen followed up on their potential
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Is he not in jail?

Kilcoo for me strong favourites. Glen would need to improve a lot but it is in them.

skeog

Corduff have had Rory Gallagher living with them for the past couple of months.Busy man on all fronts.Expect 20 men behind the ball on Saturday night.

tbrick18

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 08, 2022, 09:19:02 AM

I'm sure if he's fit enough he'll start, but if he's half fit Kilcoo would kill him for pace...

I've ref'd them once, all wiry as feck but fast, real pace up and down the pitch, and fighters too, was only a challenge match but they don't like to lose a tackle never mind a game, different styles both teams, while I fancy Kilcoo, it wouldn't be a surprise if Glen followed up on their potential

Is McFaul home? Last I heard he was in bother in the States.

I have to say, as much as I'd like to see Glen win, I think they'll struggle against Kilcoo.
I don't think Glen have been as good as last year and I think Kilcoo have actually pushed on a bit.
However, Glen will have gotten over that first championship win hurdle from last year and be a bit more confident than they were then.
It will be close, slight notion that Kilcoo will win it, but Glen winning would not surprise me either.

seafoid

"Policies in motion tend to stay in motion ; to change the trajectory of a deeply embedded set of initiatives requires the application of political forces of equal motion " Steve Walt

If Glen are as good as Kilcoo it should be a great matchm
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Saul goodman

Quote from: tbrick18 on December 08, 2022, 10:19:57 AM

I have to say, as much as I'd like to see Glen win, I think they'll struggle against Kilcoo.
I don't think Glen have been as good as last year and I think Kilcoo have actually pushed on a bit.
However, Glen will have gotten over that first championship win hurdle from last year and be a bit more confident than they were then.
It will be close, slight notion that Kilcoo will win it, but Glen winning would not surprise me either.

I think McFaul is still in the clink in America, even still if he was home couldn't see Mal o Rourke throwing him in at centre back in an Ulster final having not played any. I fancy Kilcoo but it is the first game all year that Glen will be going into as under dogs so it may free them up a bit

toby47

Quote from: Saul goodman on December 08, 2022, 03:37:25 PM

I think McFaul is still in the clink in America, even still if he was home couldn't see Mal o Rourke throwing him in at centre back in an Ulster final having not played any. I fancy Kilcoo but it is the first game all year that Glen will be going into as under dogs so it may free them up a bit

He's never been in the clink.

seafoid

Quote from: Truth hurts on December 08, 2022, 09:05:04 AM
Kilcoo have better forwards and are better at the darker arts, Get a few quid on them
As Sylvie Linnane observed, you won't win anything without a few tinkers.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Taylor

Quote from: toby47 on December 08, 2022, 03:44:49 PM

Is he home?
A quality player that could have an impact from the bench if in any sort of shape.

Hard to separate the teams - penalties after extra time

Saul goodman

Quote from: toby47 on December 08, 2022, 03:44:49 PM

I thought he was alleged to have battered a lad in America and was in America waiting to see the outcome of the thing

Walter Cronc

lenny

Quote from: Truth hurts on December 08, 2022, 09:05:04 AM

Totally agree that kilcoo should be hot favourites, can't believe they're joint favourites with a lot of the bookies. On form, just going by the ulster club games I'd expect kilcoo to win by 5 or 6 points. Glen just don't look as solid this year without mcfaul but I'd be happy to be proven wrong.