Sigerson

Started by GalwayBayBoy, November 20, 2019, 03:17:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David McKeown

Thought UCC got the majority of the close decisions in ET and it was just too far for St Mary's but a very entertaining game
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

square_ball

Quote from: Nanderson on February 01, 2023, 09:18:25 PM
Quote from: smort on February 01, 2023, 09:12:30 PM
Penalties

But frantic at the end, last couple of frees for both teams dubious
Last free for UCC was stupidity from st marys player running into a hop ball

Between the 2 men running in on a hop ball and the fella grabbing the arm, they gave the ref every chance to give a free against them.

Touch of the Martinez from the UCC goalkeeper for the penalties. Done the trick though.

Poor enough quality game from what I saw of the match.

Kidder81

Quote from: David McKeown on February 01, 2023, 09:27:05 PM
Thought UCC got the majority of the close decisions in ET and it was just too far for St Mary's but a very entertaining game

The 45 that St Mary's got to go a point up didn't even look close to a 45, the keeper looked to be well ahead of the endline keeping the ball in

snoopdog

How poor were those penalties

lenny

Quote from: Kidder81 on February 01, 2023, 09:45:53 PM

The 45 that St Mary's got to go a point up didn't even look close to a 45, the keeper looked to be well ahead of the endline keeping the ball in

Agreed, that umpire had a mare. He gave a point for a clear wide but luckily the linesman intervened.

Kidder81

Quote from: lenny on February 01, 2023, 10:02:37 PM

Agreed, that umpire had a mare. He gave a point for a clear wide but luckily the linesman intervened.

He was standing right beside the keeper when he kept it in too, no excuses for that

Nanderson

could have been a replay if that point had been given and st marys went on to win by 1

Milltown Row2

Good use of the official,  must linesmen will be instructed to line up a free or 45, the ref must be in a certain position which doesn't help when 45's are taken (opposite side to 45 on the 14)

Have overruled and been overruled at times so well done on getting the right call, the Kerry ones were calling for that on Sunday, but no doubt the linesman's eyes were a a bit distracted possibly be the abuse on the sideline, I mean the wind and rain
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

David McKeown

I thought the keeper touched it on the ground trying to keep it in. Also couldn't see from my angle how close he was to the line. I thought the second black card was simply wrong and whilst the first was correct the ref hadn't black carded for that offence all night. On the free before the equalising free he seemed to move the free up a huge distance. Then he booked the St Mary's player but didn't even speak to the retailator. Then he and the linesman indicated the free should go well back. It went back about a foot and nothing was said. As I say I thought UCC got more of the close decisions in ET but it was a pretty exciting contest.

Still despise penalties though and think some alternative method should be found. Maybe like European rugby penalties for example.

As I said
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Blowitupref

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Link

unlucky to st marys, if they had a few of those tyrone u20s who stayed on at holy trinity to win a macrory they might have won it in normal time.

Blowitupref

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

rodney trotter

UL are a very well balanced team. Eoghan McLaughlin having a great game

Milltown Row2

That goal was something else!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

rodney trotter

Ciaran Downes was excellent for Ul aswell. Him and Emmet Cleary both of Clare in the Ul forwards.