Connacht Final. Mayo v Sligo. July 19.

Started by moysider, June 22, 2015, 04:29:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rodney trotter

Did London get much of a say  in 2013 for the Connacht final?They were up against it as it was,without having to play Mayo on their home ground.

Blowitupref

Quote from: rodney trotter on June 22, 2015, 10:26:45 PM
Did London get much of a say  in 2013 for the Connacht final?They were up against it as it was,without having to play Mayo on their home ground.
They had no say and were told MacHale park was the only viable option for that Connacht final.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

muppet

Does anyone know if Tuam is approved for Connacht Finals these days?
MWWSI 2017

Syferus

Quote from: muppet on June 22, 2015, 10:49:26 PM

Of course not. If the Hyde can't host them there's not a snowballs hope that an even more neglected ground could.

moysider

Quote from: Syferus on June 22, 2015, 10:54:21 PM
Quote from: muppet on June 22, 2015, 10:49:26 PM

Of course not. If the Hyde can't host them there's not a snowballs hope that an even more neglected ground could.

God between us and all harm. Last time I was there it was still 1930s dressing rooms and bizarrely synthetic penalty areas. About 3 years ago. Doubt much has changed. Shame it was let go. I always found the playing surface there immaculate.
Is Croke Park free that day? Connacht final often used to be same day as Leinster hurling. At least both counties have a train service to Dublin ;D

magpie seanie

Regarding Markievicz Park I don't know what the exact capacity is but a quick look around after the announcement of the attendance left me wondering where you would fit a couple of thousand more. So assuming the attendance announced was accurate, I think 12,000 would have the place jammed completely.

Salthill is a pain but as Sligonian says it is a pain we're delighted to have. Might have to go the night before and stay with a buddy of mine in Salthill. As moysider mentioned, PJ's is a grand spot and there are many others. Bring it on.

Football wise - it will be very tough to stop the 5 in a row. Mayo are seasoned All-Ireland contenders and we are early in this teams development. I hoping that we kick on from the last day and rise a good challenge.

As for Parsons - I wouldn't take the cnut back for anything. I heard strong rumours that he was being courted about 16 months ago and it made me sick. If we win I'm sure the Curry lads can put a bonfire outside his house!!!!

Buckass

Sligo should push for Croker given Mayo's history in finals there

ballinaman

Expect a very good match, Sligo always are always decent. Can't recall giving Sligo a paddlin like we've dished out to other counties in Connacht in recent years.
Ross Donovan is a serious player and we know all about their forwards.

This Mayo team are too long in the tooth to not got about their business professionally and ruthlessly.
The 5 week break should allow for the knocks picked up against Galway to clear up. Another round of club championship to navigate this weekend and they should be primed.
Aidan O'Shea scoring a hat trick inside 25 minutes last weekend vs Ballyhaunis in the championship. He's flying.

Owenmoresider

Quote from: magpie seanie on June 22, 2015, 11:03:50 PM
Regarding Markievicz Park I don't know what the exact capacity is but a quick look around after the announcement of the attendance left me wondering where you would fit a couple of thousand more. So assuming the attendance announced was accurate, I think 12,000 would have the place jammed completely.

Salthill is a pain but as Sligonian says it is a pain we're delighted to have. Might have to go the night before and stay with a buddy of mine in Salthill. As moysider mentioned, PJ's is a grand spot and there are many others. Bring it on.

Football wise - it will be very tough to stop the 5 in a row. Mayo are seasoned All-Ireland contenders and we are early in this teams development. I hoping that we kick on from the last day and rise a good challenge.

As for Parsons - I wouldn't take the cnut back for anything. I heard strong rumours that he was being courted about 16 months ago and it made me sick. If we win I'm sure the Curry lads can put a bonfire outside his house!!!!
I'm very sceptical about the attendances that are given at any game practically outside of Croke Park, or a solid out Munster hurling final in Thurles. Either they are understated by a few thousand, or th pictures on TV etc are a bit misleading and there's plenty of space on terraces that mightn't be obvious from afar. I'd imagine you'd comfortably have got a lot more in on Saturday if you went right around the ground.

moysider

Ah now. In fairness ye never had him to be taking him back. He was always a Mayo player however much it grates with ye about his Sligo address. Didn t hear about the courting thing and It would be a waste of time. Tom would consider himself Mayo. I see David Brady tweeting about his Sligo address. Would you have ever considered him a Sligo man.

IolarCoisCuain

Quote from: Buckass on June 22, 2015, 11:12:58 PM

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Nice one, Buckass.

moysider

;D ;D ;D We ve got the 2 Ronnies here folks. Such a fresh take on things.

We haven t lost a Connacht final there yet though ;)
And we ve won more championship games in CP than we ve lost in recent years.
Last year our record in CP was Won1 Drew1 Lost0. Not so bad. We weren t let play a 3rd game there though for some reason that was a ball of shite.

How did you get on?

Crete Boom

If there was Tommy Murphy cup for comedy surely you would be gone in the first round ;).

joemamas

It didn't take long for the anti Parsons brigade to emerge. Of course he is responsible for all the ills of sligo football for the past decade or so.
As a young fella, I would always shout for Sligo unless they were playing Mayo, I have a feeling that with all the poisonous shite that will be spewed by you and others over the next month, that by the time the game finally rolls around, i may hope that Mayo will win by twenty. Hopefully it will not come to that.

Just one additional point. He has played his club football all his life in Mayo. You would not be taking him back.

magpie seanie

Seem to have hit a nerve !!!!!

Look - I don't want to go down this road again. I know the history very well and am entitled to my opinion that he should not be playing for Mayo. Ye have plenty of good players within your county.