Wicklow V Sligo (Winners takes it all)

Started by SLIGONIAN, April 03, 2007, 01:48:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paddypastit

QuoteO Hara at 6 could be best call Ive heard in a long time. Id have s davey at midfield
While I will freely admit to having seen very little of either in play over the past three years, I saw enough and know enough of what I saw between 1997 and 2003 of two lads that are now, I think, 30 and 27 respectively (i.e too old and set in their ways to  be changed) to know that this would be a recipie for disaster.  While it is an advantage to have a CHB with an attcking capability - either ball in hand or as a foot passer - the first job is to defend that space and to hold a line.  O'H @ 6 would be way way too loose.  Davey is not a man to track back so playing him in MF comes with a cost.  If I were an opposition manager, I'd find huge gaps down the middle against that pair in those positions.
come disagree with me on http://gushtystuppencehapenny.wordpress.com/ and spread the word

SLIGONIAN

I see your point and agree in a way. As in my team for the championship I would put Sean Half forward and Ohara midfield. ID put J Martyn centre back. McNamara doesnt really contribute there. But one thing I wish people would do is comment on my team rather than my speculation on various players positions. Because I mean for that experimentation in challenges etc.. and if it works really well, well then food for thought.

Any chance any other sligonians will post there team for the championship or will I create SLIGO CSFC thread for that?

"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"