Wicklow 0-12 Meath 1-12

Started by Hardy, March 25, 2007, 05:52:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy

Anyone in Aughrim today? It seems we struggled, but I'm encouraged by the fact that we came back from six points to one down and later 9-4, to win by three. Maybe this team under Coyle has the old fight that wasn't evident under the previous regime.

The run in will be interesting, with Cavan and ourselves both playing Waterford and Wexford. It may all come down to the fact that Cavan have Wexford at home, while we have to travel to Wexford Park. Of course if Wexford win both, they'll win the division.

That trip will be as big a test as we've had to date under Coyle and will tell a lot about the state of development. I think I'll travel.

cavanmaniac

We'll definitely have an eye on that game in the last round Hardy, especially if we lose to Wexford this weekend. Hopefully we'll avoid going into the last weekend needing a win against bogey team Waterford and get a clear result between ye and Wexford, i.e. a win for either side.

Nightmare scenario is for us to lose this weekend and Meath win, leaving yourselves on 11, wex on 10 and us on 9. Then we beat Waterford and ye'erselves and Wexford conveniently draw 6-12 apiece on the last day and Wexford go up ahead of us on the basis of goal scored, if not score difference.

Stanger things have happened. Someone said we lost to Waterford on the last day last year but I don't believe it meself like..

thejuice

Id like to think we've improved, Wexford is going to be our biggest challenge since the Cavan game. These next two weekends are going to be intriguing to say the least. I still fancy Meath and Cavan to top the group.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

The Claw

Good to see Crawford back after his injury, the members of the U21 team will now be able to concentrate on the seniors.
From what I hear from the few people I know that were at the match, Midfield were poor and Wicklow got most of the breaks in the first half, with the forwards starved of possession.midfield improved when Moyles went moved there and they held Wicklow scoreless for a long period and a positive was that Fay had a very good game.
Lads, what do ye think of Mickey Burke?

dubnut

Is Cian Ward getting a game for ye these days?

The Claw

he is indeed, scored two points the last day, if he can stay fit and keep his head he'll be a very good player for us.

Hardy

I haven't seen all that much of Stony, but he's looked competent and confident when I've seen him. My impression is that he's on a par with the bunch of lads (Byrne, Currran, Bray, etc.) who, in my team, would compete for the last two places after Farrell, Sheridan, Geraghty, Regan. Or one place, because I'd always have a third midfielder. Or they'd be subs if Ollie was fit.

It's a bit disturbing that Moyles has to be brought from CHB to fix midfield in so many matches, even against the likes of Wicklow. Especially since we need him so much at CHB - he seems to be the answer to our long sufferings there and there doesn't seem to be anybody else for the job, unless it's Darren Fay, with Kevin Reilly back at full back.

The Claw

Quote from: Hardy on March 28, 2007, 12:15:32 PM
I haven't seen all that much of Stony, but he's looked competent and confident when I've seen him. My impression is that he's on a par with the bunch of lads (Byrne, Currran, Bray, etc.) who, in my team, would compete for the last two places after Farrell, Sheridan, Geraghty, Regan. Or one place, because I'd always have a third midfielder. Or they'd be subs if Ollie was fit.

It's a bit disturbing that Moyles has to be brought from CHB to fix midfield in so many matches, even against the likes of Wicklow. Especially since we need him so much at CHB - he seems to be the answer to our long sufferings there and there doesn't seem to be anybody else for the job, unless it's Darren Fay, with Kevin Reilly back at full back.
i dont think Burke has delivered on his potential that he showed a minor level but a good run in the team may yet see him deliver. I agree with the bunch that are on the fringe there but I think you are being a bit harsh on Bray there, he could be one of our main men yet I reckon.
Regarding CB, I think King is one of the most natural CBs around, he did play a couple of games there earlier on in the year but i didnt hear how he got on. Also, Crawford is only back from injury, give him a couple of weeks and he will improve.