Maigh Eo v Doire

Started by Tubberman, June 19, 2017, 08:56:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MayoBuck

Mental stuff altogether. I've a few more grey hairs after every mayo game.

AOS definitely motm. Makes such a difference having someone to catch the throw in. Aidan caught all 4 this evening, compared to the galway game where we lost both and conceded straight away from them.

Our shooting in the 2nd half, dear oh dear. Paddy Durcan's point to bring it back to the minimum was the key score. Seemed to calm everyone down. Hopefully it's just a one game ban for him, anyone know for sure? In his defense, he was being held and was trying to break free. Still a red card though.

Hard to know where we go from here, but we'll enjoy the journey anyway!

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: MayoBuck on July 01, 2017, 11:27:09 PM

Our shooting in the 2nd half, dear oh dear. Paddy Durcan's point to bring it back to the minimum was the key score. Seemed to calm everyone down. Hopefully it's just a one game ban for him, anyone know for sure? In his defense, he was being held and was trying to break free. Still a red card though.

What was it for?

Striking generally tends to be a 1 match ban. Durcan would be a huge loss for Mayo right now as he's one of the few players in the side who has pace at the minute.

Blowitupref

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on July 01, 2017, 11:31:15 PM

What was it for?

Striking generally tends to be a 1 match ban. Durcan would be a huge loss for Mayo right now as he's one of the few players in the side who has pace at the minute.

Striking off the ball same as Keith Higgins did v Galway.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

MayoBuck

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on July 01, 2017, 11:31:15 PM

What was it for?

Himself and the Derry lad were holding each other, Durcan seemed to be trying to break free and thumped him in the shoulder/back region.

macdanger2

One match ban I'd say for a category 3 offence:

Category III Infractions 5.15    To strike or to attempt to strike an opponent with arm, elbow, hand or knee.

Category III (i)  (ii)  Minimum -  A  One Match Suspension in the same Code and at the same Level, applicable to the next game in the same Competition, even if that game occurs in the following year.

MayoBuck

That's what I would have thought but a few lads on the mayo blog were saying 4 weeks. Didn't look near as bad as Higgins on Comer, if we're comparing.

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

The gouging has to be tackled but for some reason the GAA continually refuses to acknowledge it as a problem.

criostlinn

Quote from: Kuwabatake Sanjuro on July 02, 2017, 12:00:07 AM
The gouging has to be tackled but for some reason the GAA continually refuses to acknowledge it as a problem.

sshhh. Cant be commenting on that kinda stuff. Have to wait for due process. Just remember freedom of expression is one of the rights in this republic, BUT ITS NOT ABSOLUTE

Mayo4Sam

If those pictures are real then he should get a serious ban.

Just watching it back, Derry left it behind them, had a great chance just before we got our goal, score that and we don't come back

FFS, Deegan gave a hop ball, Mayo won it so he blew up immediately for full time
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Rossfan

Talking of Deegan - is the one hand handpass illegal? He gave frees twice for it.
It seems to be allowed as well as the throw in the hurley stuff. Then again hurley and rules....😃
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

longballin

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on July 02, 2017, 12:43:40 AM
If those pictures are real then he should get a serious ban.

Just watching it back, Derry left it behind them, had a great chance just before we got our goal, score that and we don't come back

FFS, Deegan gave a hop ball, Mayo won it so he blew up immediately for full time

You cant be done on photo evidence. True

highorlow

That gouging looks intentional?
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Captain Scarlet

Quote from: Rossfan on July 02, 2017, 12:59:47 AM
Talking of Deegan - is the one hand handpass illegal? He gave frees twice for it.
It seems to be allowed as well as the throw in the hurley stuff. Then again hurley and rules....😃

The Dubs are big fans of it if their arm is being held or even fending off their man. I was told some coache are teaching it as a get-out. I presumed it was legal if there is a striking action.

The game was mental but by God Mayo's shooting was awful at times. Derry just emptied themselves and were easy pickings in extra time. 
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

galwayman

I think Mayos dominance around the middle sector is what got them to extra time.
It was wave after wave for the last 15 minutes of normal time simply because Derry couldn't get their hands on the ball from their own kick outs.
So Derry could never really take advantage of Mayos bad shooting because the ball was coming straight back at them from the subsequent kick out.
They were unlikely to be able to hold out against all that pressure.
Usually it ends in scores eventually.
In extra time there was only going to be one winner.
Derry had nothing in the tank at that stage

An Watcher

What about the derry keeper?  Some great saves but a bag of nerves kicking out and in play.