Liverpool fans the worst in Europe - Official!

Started by SouthArmaghBandit, June 04, 2007, 07:49:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SouthArmaghBandit

According to an official independent report commissioned by UEFA, Liverpool have the worst behaved fans in Europe. Now there's a surprise!  :-\

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/6717793.stm

Great Leap Forward

Obviously everybody is scared to reply to this in cause the mods start producing the red cards.

This is obviously UEFA'S riposte to Liverpool blaming them for the ticket problems which forced their fans to steal tickets from one another.

full back

Quote from: Great Leap Forward on June 04, 2007, 12:09:56 PM
Obviously everybody is scared to reply to this in cause the mods start producing the red cards.

This is obviously UEFA'S riposte to Liverpool blaming them for the ticket problems which forced their fans to steal tickets from one another.

The report actually points to 25 incidents that Liverpool fans have been involved in since the independent report was commissioned.
Granted the incident at the Champions League final may not have been all Liverpool's fault but what of the other incidents?
Worst behaved fans in Europe is certainly a title no club wants to have

hoganstandman

Great Leap Forward

Quote from: full back on June 04, 2007, 12:14:35 PM
Quote from: Great Leap Forward on June 04, 2007, 12:09:56 PM

The report actually points to 25 incidents that Liverpool fans have been involved in since the independent report was commissioned.
Granted the incident at the Champions League final may not have been all Liverpool's fault but what of the other incidents?
Worst behaved fans in Europe is certainly a title no club wants to have

No doubt the English media will portray this as a witch-hunt against their clubs despite the fact that another Hillborough could have been caused by fans trying to get into a match for nothing.

In fairness I would say the majority of the other incidents mentioned are very minor but their behaviour in Athens was out of order.

Over the Bar

Having been in the away end at Anfield I see no surprise in this.  They threw p*ss & sh*t down from the stands above.

I d/k if any of you saw thei pics of what they did to the toilets at Old Trafford during the Liverpool v Chelsea FA cup semi.  Completely destroyed!  Apparently ManU weren't at all surprised and stated that a certain amount of the ticket price is set aside to restore the damage each time Liverpool are allowed into the stadium!

Long time dead

If that happens each time why not just ban the scummy bastards?

J70

Great, another sanctimonious United supporters thread.

Did UEFA release any kind of list? Any context with this statement at all? Did they define "incident"? Does an idiotic kid breaking a toilet at OldTrafford qualify as an "incident"? Were the other English clubs close behind on 20 or 21? Clubs from other countries? Or are Liverpool the only club whose supporters cause trouble?

full back

Grasping at straws there J70
The kids from Liverpool must be a lot bigger & stronger than other kids
UEFA have said
"Uefa says Liverpool fans have been involved in more incidents in Europe during the past four years than any other club.

The report, which will be handed to sports minister Richard Caborn on Tuesday, allegedly paints a shocking picture of the Liverpool supporters' behaviour at the Champions League final against Milan in Athens.

"We know what happened in Athens, and Liverpool fans were the cause of most of the trouble there," said Uefa spokesman William Galliard.

"There have been 25 incidents involving Liverpool fans away from home since 2003 and these are in the report - most teams' supporters do not cause any trouble at all."

This isnt a 'sanctimonious United thread' J70
These are simply the facts

J70

Of course its sanctimonious. If it wasn't Liverpool, or if it was your own club, most of you probably wouldn't be saying a word. And I'm not grasping at straws, I'm simply asking for a bit of context. Do you know what an "incident" is or not? What are the figures for other clubs?

mooncatiii

classic case uefa tryin to deflect critism of itself before a meetin with the british autorites this week.  lets take into account the same man who is sayin this came out th eve of the champions league and stated liverpools fans have history of "well behaved"  and where praised by plaitini after the chelsea game and after teh game in istanbul not to mention recieved a joint award for the best fans in europe in 2001 withe alaves after the uefa cup final!!

this is just uefa tryin to make themselves look better after the shambles of security in Athens
shazam

Gabriel_Hurl

Great Leap Forward

Jesus lads, you can't blame everthing on Man U fans and UEFA!

Do you not agree that stealing match tickets off children is a bit low?

Caitlin

Context is important. I would suggest that Liverpool have played more games in Europe than any other British team, including two finals of the CL in the last three years. Surely that increases the likelihood of' incidents'. Lies, damned lies and stats

J70

Quote from: Over the Bar on June 04, 2007, 01:25:20 PM
Having been in the away end at Anfield I see no surprise in this.  They threw p*ss & sh*t down from the stands above.

I d/k if any of you saw thei pics of what they did to the toilets at Old Trafford during the Liverpool v Chelsea FA cup semi.  Completely destroyed!  Apparently ManU weren't at all surprised and stated that a certain amount of the ticket price is set aside to restore the damage each time Liverpool are allowed into the stadium!

Its a good job you're here to tell us about these things Over the Bar. I don't think those two incidents have ever been discussed or even mentioned on this board before. ;)